WoW Endgame

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I've only been lvl60 a week now and I'm already getting bored... I've got pretty much a full set of LF armour, 4 parts of the valor armour, some epic armour, nice weapons and just need to do a UBRS raid to get the last trinket I need. I could also use a Pristine Diamond for epic horse, but these are very very rare and the only time I have seen one drop it was picked up some ba**ard mage who then logged after I moaned about it. The paladin epic armour is pretty crap so I cant be bothered with that.

Apart from PvP there's little left for me to do, so I do some PvP but even thats a bit annoying as you have to wait on average 45 minutes in the queue to get into the BG and then it can be all over in 5 minutes... then you have to wait another 45 minutes.

Does anyone find the endgame a bit crap too? Just MC and BG's is all thats left at 60.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Some new endgame instances being introduced shortly (20 man), not sure if its in 1.7 or not (you'll have to check the patch notes)

What about BWL, been there yet?

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Still plenty of things to do to improve my char, unlike DAoC where you created your template, spent some mighty plat on items and u were done for the rest of the game...
MC, Onyxia, BWL and upcoming new dungeons for some more tweaking my beloved char are perfectly good for me :)
For me it's more satisfying to have a nice run in MC with no wipes and perfect teamwork than spanking some horde (I have 8 lifetime kills, way too many imo)...

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
Still plenty of things to do to improve my char, unlike DAoC where you created your template, spent some mighty plat on items and u were done for the rest of the game...
QUOTE]

yes but after u set up ur temp and got 200+p to getha for geting it all :)

the rvr system rocked so much more then WoW

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Sorao said:

Yeah exactly, once you had your nice stuff you could PvP like mad. As for MC and other instances, the paladin epic gear is a pile of poo unless you want to PvE in groups/raids all the time so not much point doing that for me. BWL looks good, but noone ever goes, but I could try to organise an alliance raid on it.

I did think of lvling up an alt as I've got 3 which are lvl 30-35 but that takes alot of time and the time I can spend on the game is getting less and less. I see lots of lvl 60s with crap green gear so I guess they have something to play for, but even though I've only been 60 one week, I'm using all blue and purple gear, so dont have much to work on gear wise...

I think overall I just need a game with more pvp, but I cant be bothered to start on a pvp server from scratch so will just have to stick with what I've got for now and see how it goes. But still, I do think the endgame is a bit crap in wow, but thats just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Since i hit level 60 ive felt somewhat the same - The only thing that is interesting me at the moment is getting the Valor, but, because its being an absolute fucktard on droprate, im starting to get exceptionally pissed off with it.

Ive never really had an Epic drop for me before, so, i didnt know what it would be like for it to happen - Until last night. I was in probably the best group (5 man) ive ever been in for LBRS, and what dropped? None other than the Myrmadon Signet.

I almost had a heart failure, i hit the roll button... I rolled a 3, i was absolutly fucking gutted, although the guy who won did say if i wanted to buy it from him, i thought (As well as everyone) around 200g would have been nice, although he stunned me with the 550g request :p, said if we complete the quest we're on (Warlords Command) i can have for 500g - Still out of my range tho :/.

And then! then! ANOTHER epic dropped! Eye of the Flame this time! Although we had a Priest who wanted it, so we (Because we was doing very very well together) didnt roll. Then my night was ruined when we wiped, didnt have a resser (We had Rogue who successfully used his engineers things - but failed this time), i released spirit and ended up in Alterac Valley... *sigh*

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Spankya said:
I think overall I just need a game with more pvp, but I cant be bothered to start on a pvp server from scratch so will just have to stick with what I've got for now and see how it goes. But still, I do think the endgame is a bit crap in wow, but thats just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own :)

I play on a PVP server and there is almost 0 pvp outside of BG's. Sad really as the best fights are in the normal zones aways from the zergfest BG's.

It used to be fun to run around WPL/EPL looking for fights. Now all you find is a couple camping the grifs and the odd group heading to instances.

BRM can sometimes be fun but more often its long periods of nothing then a MC raid runs over you.

Unless it improves alot post 60 in the the coming patches I'll be leaving WOW to play another game. Luckily Dark and Light looks like it might be a good game and Pedantic Man is ready to take to the skies in CoV when its released:)

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
i agree tehre needs to be somthing done with end game

think they need to take a leaf out of Goa's book bacuase the have somthing specil with DAOC it's end game RVR aka PVP system jsut rocks and is lots of fun

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
wow pvp used to be like daocs, then they were threatened with a law suit as it was too similar, so i hear :)

I recently left wow after getting bored with the end game. I play for pvp, and imho, the pvp in wow sucks big time. I'm back in daoc now, running my own guild, and loving it all over again, just like the first day when i rolled my pally *sigh*. TBH, i really can't see me returning to wow.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Gray said:
And then! then! ANOTHER epic dropped! Eye of the Flame this time! Although we had a Priest who wanted it, so we (Because we was doing very very well together) didnt roll.
Strange, my priest doesn't have fire spells :m00:

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
neither does mine, but I use Crimson Shocker (nice wand) for farming and the extra fire dmg would be nice :) not to mention the nice stats and fire resist for MC runs :cheers:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:

if u spec holy u can get that spell that has a 4 second cast and does fire dmg :)

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
if u spec holy u can get that spell that has a 4 second cast and does fire dmg :)

Waste of a talent point (imo) by the time you've cast it you're probably dead anyway (PvP wise) Holy Nova is pretty shite too, bout time they did something with the Holy Tree.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Sorao said:

naa, only cost me around 70p for each of my chars in DAoC to fully ToA them up and SC/Alch... but then again, being in a PvE guild helped a lot in getting decent items...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
neither does mine, but I use Crimson Shocker (nice wand) for farming and the extra fire dmg would be nice :) not to mention the nice stats and fire resist for MC runs :cheers:
Fire damage on items doesn't affect wands.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
Ah yes, my mistake. Mistook Holy Fire as holy damage, only ever looked at it's cast time and cooldown and deemed it (even though it's got very good mana efficiency for a priest nuke) not worthy of a talent point. I could be mistaken (again :m00: ), of course.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I've cancelled the sub on my account, got too bored of sitting round waiting for BG's all night...

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, to be honest, if people only see PvP as the end-game in a MMORPG then they should have not chosen WoW in the first place and stayed DAoC or moved to Guild Wars ... I think it was quite clear from the beginning on that WoW is a PvE oriented game ... :touch:

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
hmm, to be honest, if people only see PvP as the end-game in a MMORPG then they should have not chosen WoW in the first place and stayed DAoC or moved to Guild Wars ... I think it was quite clear from the beginning on that WoW is a PvE oriented game ... :touch:

I dont think thats strictly true tbh, else why are there PvP servers... for someone just starting the game, PvP servers would suggest a server with alot of PvP but thats not really true.

And what else there to do when you are 60 and have loads of nice gear, loads of gold etc... all thats left is to get your pvp rank up or play alts... Doing MC everyday gets boring as hell, and the same for the other instances... you can help people but thats boring too after a while. Fact is that when you are level 60 and have the gear you want then the only thing left is BG... BG is crap so there's little left to do... There's alot of changes planned for the game, so maybe it will improve the endgame.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Spankya said:
I dont think thats strictly true tbh, else why are there PvP servers... for someone just starting the game, PvP servers would suggest a server with alot of PvP but thats not really true.

And what else there to do when you are 60 and have loads of nice gear, loads of gold etc... all thats left is to get your pvp rank up or play alts... Doing MC everyday gets boring as hell, and the same for the other instances... you can help people but thats boring too after a while. Fact is that when you are level 60 and have the gear you want then the only thing left is BG... BG is crap so there's little left to do... There's alot of changes planned for the game, so maybe it will improve the endgame.
hmmm ... <shrug> ... I haven't set food in any BG yet and have no desire to in the near future either ... plenty of things to do and look forward to (for me at least): seeing Ragnaros fall soon, exploring BWL after that and looking forward to see the new 20 man instance for new mobs, drops & tactics ...
I had the reverse problem in DAoC: level 50, fully ToA'ed and uber-optimized template ... what was left for me to do? grinding teh holy arpee's to make my ePenis grow? :) it was a bit of fun (/wave @ AoD and Minimez groups, heh) but when NF came RvR went down the drain completely for me (being reduced to a fop/spread-heal bot in teh oh-so-cool keep fights isn't exactly fun) ...
but like I said, everyone has different goals in this (and other) games :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Spankya said:
You did pick a Normal server though.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmmm

My BF has just achieved Lvl 60 after about 12 days total play. He is still doing raids and stuff to get better equipment and do quests, but he has also started a few new chars.....(which is great, cos it means he can help me achieve my puny little Lvl 12 goals!) Maybe thats the way to go....be horde if you've previously been alliance, play a mage if you're a priest etc etc...you get the idea!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
mycenae said:
play a mage if you're a priest etc etc...you get the idea!

That's exactly what i did, my holy priest is a bit shite for PvP so i rolled a Mage and its great fun, the other guys in the guild also rolled alt's so we quested together!

Light

Loyal Freddie
i played on a pvp server - tbh the most fun i had was levelling up, once 60 all there was left really was the high end instance runs and that gets boring real fast... pvp system really sucks imo

now back playing daoc occasionally which says it all really

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
I always see many people post "WoW PvP sucks" etc....

Well... many people fail to realise WoW pvp is different, in DAOC, you could make a grp, go out, and own. owning is what makes PvP fun. in WoW, you need to a decent guild, you need to get into the same AV/WG (easy on my server, there's more than 10 AV's that finish every day, pretty damn easy to get in) group up with your guildies (use teamspeak or smth if possible) and own the BG. I usually group up with 6-8 people, AV starts we have the first bunker neutral after 3 minutes or so, then we steam inside to captain and kill her in 60 seconds or so, but what's so fun about this is the pure ownage of every alliance player that comes rushing in thinking they can stop us, but get totally owned. with my group in the BG we usually win in about 1 hour, if we're waiting in a queue we go to the alliance AV entrance and make it horrible for them to be there ;)

trust me....

daoc solo -> sucks ass
daoc waiting for group -> sucks ass
daoc no enemies to fight -> sucks ass
daoc grp vs. grp battles in emain -> rocks

same for wow.... many "types" of pvp suck bigtime, i agree, and it isn't as easy for a set group to pvp together (this is why many "rvr guilds" from daoc went back pretty fast), i enjoy the pve in WoW with my guild (making progress in BWL) aswell as playing together with friends and owning bg's constantly when i group up with guildies there.

ownage makes pvp fun

oh, and, the WoW pvp system isn't exactly rewarding, imo they should work on it a little more, but right now i don't give a damn about the rewards seeing as most of my equipment is epic already and i'll have a legendary weapon soon. just r0xxing in bg's keeps me busy enough. can't wait to play in the new arathi bg, gonna be a lot of fun. and the wow pve rocks imo.... first onyxia kill and first ragnaros kill are great moments tbh ;)

i'm working on a pvp movie... but i'm kinda waiting til i get my hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom