Wow crazy

Gray

FH is my second home
Last night after work we all ended up stuck in the carpark because there was such a heavy traffic presence. Across the road from where i work is the M56 motorway. I had a feeling there may have been an accident or something, so all the traffic would have been diverted down another road.

Anyway, eventually traffic starting flowing again, but next minute i get blinded by flashing blue lights. A bit more congestion happens again, so i andmy friend manage to look over to a pub which overlooks the actual motorway.

There is a fence concealing the motorway/road, but all we could see [apart from the flashing lights] was a truck and a recovery vehicle. Now automatically, when you see a truck and assume its being involved in an accident, you think the worst.

For a few hours however, there was no news on what this accident was, but upon checking the news today, it looks like it was finally reported over on the BBC Website . Its strange, when i "thought the worst" i just thought it may have involved the lorry and maybe a car pileup.

Seems it was even worse than that! You read about some of this stuff how kids get killed on the motorway, but i dont recall reading about anything like this. And with it happening a stonesthrow away from where i work is just... wow... Sad at the same time, dont know what they was upto

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
It surely is crazy but how stupid are those kids? First of all crossing a motorway, but in the dark!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Its hard to believe how they actually did it, though. Surely any idiot can see that a big fuckoff lorry is coming at you at 60?

Gray

FH is my second home
I think the lorry was actually not involved after reading about it. It says the collision looks to have been something to do with 3 saloon cars. So the lorry had probably had to stop.

According to another new-news report, one of the kids had only just moved into the area about 2 months ago, so a sad time no doubt for the family of that side. But that section of motorway is unlit anyway. So by the time the cars would have seen them it would have been way too late to react

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
looks like its time to bring back that fucking hedgehog advert.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
So young.

I got a 2 & a 4 year old and i dont think i'm gonna let them out till they are about 15!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"So young, rip, what a waste". This is what people say.

Now...at the same forum...a bit to the left...

"Someone should just shoot those chav kids!"

:D

But on topic, yeah, it's a bit interesting when you think "oh it's an accident", and then later see that it was a tipped over nuclear missile delivery truck or something.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
No sympathy for them or anyone that dies trying to cross a motorway, think of the drivers of the vehicles they will be feeling terrible yet there was nothing they could do.

No doubt they were great kids who never harmed anyone, or did anything wrong at all.

Embattle

FH is my second home
While it may be sad you'll find many children, teens and adults have a habit of being stupid and crossing motorways or dual carriageway without much care, most just don't seem to realise how much damage a car does to a person even at low speeds.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
I used to be told to go play on a motorway all the time as a kid, never stupid enough to take it literally tho.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I used to be told to go play on a motorway all the time as a kid, never stupid enough to take it literally tho.

I never had time my parents wanted me to play with the traffic just outside the house.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Last night after work we all ended up stuck in the carpark because there was such a heavy traffic presence. Across the road from where i work is the M56 motorway. I had a feeling there may have been an accident or something, so all the traffic would have been diverted down another road.

Anyway, eventually traffic starting flowing again, but next minute i get blinded by flashing blue lights. A bit more congestion happens again, so i andmy friend manage to look over to a pub which overlooks the actual motorway.

There is a fence concealing the motorway/road, but all we could see [apart from the flashing lights] was a truck and a recovery vehicle. Now automatically, when you see a truck and assume its being involved in an accident, you think the worst.

For a few hours however, there was no news on what this accident was, but upon checking the news today, it looks like it was finally reported over on the BBC Website . Its strange, when i "thought the worst" i just thought it may have involved the lorry and maybe a car pileup.

Seems it was even worse than that! You read about some of this stuff how kids get killed on the motorway, but i dont recall reading about anything like this. And with it happening a stonesthrow away from where i work is just... wow... Sad at the same time, dont know what they was upto

At least you didnt say they deserved it like last time there was an incident like this.

Perhaps you've learned something.

Gray

FH is my second home
Learned?

Whats to learn for me? I seem to i dont know, partially remember something about the last time you brought it up. Wasnt it someone who opened their door on a motorway while they was in the fastlane?

Anyway. Im still unsure how this accident occured, since i know this stretch of motorway. They said they come from the wooded-area which is on the Manchester-bound side, whereas they was hit on the Chester side.

Probably missed the explanation on that i guess

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
looks like its time to bring back that fucking hedgehog advert.
The one with the guy in the chair who's playing sonic and getting a robotic arm that says iirc "to be this good takes ages... sega"?

No? :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Learned?

Whats to learn for me? I seem to i dont know, partially remember something about the last time you brought it up. Wasnt it someone who opened their door on a motorway while they was in the fastlane?

Anyway. Im still unsure how this accident occured, since i know this stretch of motorway. They said they come from the wooded-area which is on the Manchester-bound side, whereas they was hit on the Chester side.

Probably missed the explanation on that i guess

What there is to learn, is that sometimes bad things happen, sometimes its a silly mistake, sometimes not even that.

But not sitting making silly judgements about someone elses tradgedy is a good thing to learn, if you can partially remember it that is.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
I think they were 6 and 7 years old. absolute tragedy obviously, but (and I think we've been over this ground before...) I never let my kids out on their own when they were 6 when it was light, never mind dark. and i don't live anywhere near a motorway. I'm paranoid about Dan out on his bike now and he's 12 and we live in the countryside.

I don't know if this makes me overprotective or something, but my kids won't die on a motorway at night. (more likely from malnutrition after 60 hours in front of MSN)

I know you can't remove all the risks, but you can help the odds a little.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
It's not often i'd agree with Lester, and not having kids myself, but if i did, theres no way they'd be out playing at that age unsupervised, especially nearing dusk, especially in the woods, especially across a motorway.

Saw one of the fathers on the news and quite frankly he didnt seem too distrested. It's a tradagey no doubt, as much for the kids as for the poor motorists that hit them, they have to live with it aswell.

As for the media, they tried to say why the fuck havent the highway's agency got 50 foot electric fences surrounding the 2000miles of UK motorways to stop kids getting on it so easily. Why for once does'nt the media tell it like it is and turn around and point out the neglect instead, *cough, mc'canns*

Chilly

Balls of steel
the media forces the goernment to be nannys, I wish this horrible loop of useless legislation would just fucking stop. It's like major and minor software releases, major = new features and minor = bug and security fixes. All major law releases should be frozen for 5 years!

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
To be fair they weren't out unsupervised, they were reported missing to the police by the parents.

So that would suggest they shouldn't have been out at all.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair they weren't out unsupervised, they were reported missing to the police by the parents.

Not according to the dad they interviewed on tv, he knew where they were and was surprised why they crossed the motorway and not used the overhead foot bridge.

Chilly

Balls of steel
probably because the footbridge was an extra 300m on their trip. I used to cross the a34 to and from school when I was younger for the same reason. I always did it safely, but it's not the cleverest thing in the world to be doing.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

The were reported after the time when they were meant to be back. The father is a turd.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Suspected as much, it's far too hard to trust the media....or people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom