WoW back up to 10,000,000 subscribers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I seen this the other day, their last earnings call put it at 7.4million or so, they sold 13.3million copies of WOD and now they have 10mil, i'd assume the 13.3mil hasn't clicked yet as it hasnt been a month since WODS release, they may have 11-12million when the next earnings call hits.

quite impressive none the less for a 10 year old game.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
how many are stolen gold farmer accounts ? ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Expected after the release, I imagine a lot will cancel again within a few months.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Expected after the release, I imagine a lot will cancel again within a few months.

It was expected indeed, these are pre-wod numbers though, they won't have the figures until after 1 month of WOD so the 10mil are pre-wod subscribers, guessing post wod subscribers will bump it up a bit... prob end up dropping/hovering around 10-12mil tho for awhile I guess.

One thing is for certain, it shouldn't fall as quickly as Panda did because people hated Panda.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Also China release was 18th Nov so numbers won't be confirmed for a while

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Also China release was 18th Nov so numbers won't be confirmed for a while
Sorry 20th of nov for mainland China and a few other Asian countries

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
China's numbers are very iffy anyway because they have different sub models than we do, they can sub for 1 hour of playtime rather than 1 month.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I wonder how the numbers are now that we're well into the expansion :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
China's numbers are very iffy anyway because they have different sub models than we do, they can sub for 1 hour of playtime rather than 1 month.
I've always liked this idea to be honest.

I dislike having to play a new MMO and having to get to the end game quickly to check if the end game is actually any good, i've always thought it'd be more beneficial in the aspect that you have players playing when they want to, not 'oh, I have lots of work this month, better not sub!'

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Seeing as the latest expansion is a bag of bollocks I can see that figure dropping significantly unless they address some of the major issues sharpish.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The "problem" is the casuals that doesn't raid. We have pretty much fuck all to do once we hit the level cap. So once we've done most of the normal quests on a few toons we have no more reason to keep subbing...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The "problem" is the casuals that doesn't raid. We have pretty much fuck all to do once we hit the level cap. So once we've done most of the normal quests on a few toons we have no more reason to keep subbing...

It's true, I went casual some years ago when I couldn't be arsed to raid anymore, literally had nothing to do except PvP (Which I hate in WoW, its shit) other than that it was a case of doing achievements, old raids or collecting pets... nothing else really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
WoW stable at 10,000,000+ since mid november.

"Blizzard had their Q4 2014 earnings call today, announcing that WoW was still at 10+ million subscribers at the end of 2014. This is the same as the mid November announcement that listed WoW at 10+ million subscribers."

• Subscriber numbers are expected to decline, just like after the release of every other expansion. Asia is expected to have a larger decline, as subscriber numbers there are more fluid.
  • Hearthstone has over 25 million registered players
  • Heroes of the Storm has 9 million users registered for beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom