WoW and GOA?

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Get out your old bible and/or voodoo dolls and start praying. According to an article written by the PC Games Blizzard will release an english, german and french version of the MMORPG. Sadly though a FRENCH company will take care of the european customer support. (http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=279460 )

I dont know many french companies but if by any freak accident this company will be GOA then all who will play this game are utterly and mayorly fucked in the kneecap.

So if any of you have a direct contact to Bruce Shelby (or whoever the creator of WoW was) or anyone else at Blizzard (even if it is the sixty year old cleaning lady) I recommend you use it and somehow miraculously persuade em NOT to use GOA. :flame:

I played a lot of Blizzard games in the past, some good, some bad but there was one thing I always could count on when I had technical problems: Their customer support. If they really give that job to GOA....well, you all know what to expect then.

Right..enough babbling from me. Go on, write some letters, mails, start online petitions or just poke your voodoo dolls. I definately dont wanna see WoW in the hands of GOA.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Id say at least 60% of all Euro DAoC players would rather be on the american servers if they could just transfer their chars over. If it turns out GOA do control of WoW Europe, then how many ex-DAoC players will play on the european servers... :p

Though french doesnt automatically mean GOA, so perhaps it might be a competent company.

Adari

Part of the furniture
DaveyJones said:
Mythic makes the patches so ofc bugs slip onto there main servers whats goa's excuse?

Wasn't even talking about that, mythics servers have more downtime than goa's. Besides, GOA does a lot with the patches apart from translating.

Look at Sony, would you want THEM to host WoW? They can't even keep SWG servers running longer then a fucking day.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Adari said:
Wasn't even talking about that, mythics servers have more downtime than goa's. Besides, GOA does a lot with the patches apart from translating.

Look at Sony, would you want THEM to host WoW? They can't even keep SWG servers running longer then a fucking day.
You think thats bad? The first 2-3 weeks Sony released planetside, it was riddled with server crashes because they were using some our servers to let people download the SWG beta... So we the paying customers were being screwed over.

I suppose mythic arent that bad, but the fact still remains they have a very bad reputation (regardless of whether its justified), so I really really doubt they would get the contract for WoW.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
I suppose mythic arent that bad, but the fact still remains they have a very bad reputation (regardless of whether its justified), so I really really doubt they would get the contract for WoW.

you meant goa there;)

and goa is good company when it involves just running servers, but they have proved to be rather bad/incapable of getting a good customer service running and their customer relations rather suck :p. So I really doubt Blizzard would use them.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
you meant goa there;)
Bleh! :eek:

In my defence I was leading a fg at the time, so I sort of had to type it whilst running in a straight line and hoping we didnt meet any groups before I alt+tabbed back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom