WoW Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fightersuntzu

Oh, and for people on the more moderate side of computers, i can run WoW on:

800 mhz p3
512 RAM
Geforce 3 MX440 or something (Crappiest card ever. Blagh. :p )

At decent resolution with decent options, i can run it at uberhuge resolution and full settings but it can get a little slow with speed :p

C

ciandri_neccy

Forgive me for being dumb but, isn't this the DAoC forums?:eek7:

G

gwyneth-love

yeah and wow kinda relates to that beeing a new mmorpg :) ..

btw something i found in an interview on some forum ..

....I saw the gates to the undercity and they were guarded by these 2 huge abominations! Guards WILL be attackable and even killable but its probably unwise to do so as killing a guard will get the rest of the guards on you ass GTA3 style and you will eventaully have to die or flee. Also you are freely attackable when in another faction's city. So high level players can raid opposing cities but you will need a big group and lots of luck to survive for long.......

imo thats very cool ( if true )

O

old.arneduck

if you wanna go down south , past Searing Gorge, you will encounter that empty part of the zone you might fall down in...
to get south without swimming (cheating :)), simply jump over the mountains at the spot i marked on this map:

l33t map

perhaps its just me thats stupid, but i spent some time figuring how to get past that zone :)
hope this helps some of you...

F

Fightersuntzu

Oh, and the underdark - Undead city - is just as big as the other ones. Theres a surface thing, kinda like a small keep - the ruins of Lordaeron. In like the throne room theres a passageway that leads down to the main city, it looks very....green :p like radioactive waste for everyone !

And the Human capital isnt even complete yet, and it is huge :D

I assume the pvp is going to be faction based and stuff, but we'll have to wait and see. :)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.arneduck
if you wanna go down south , past Searing Gorge, you will encounter that empty part of the zone you might fall down in...
to get south without swimming (cheating :)), simply jump over the mountains at the spot i marked on this map:

l33t map

perhaps its just me thats stupid, but i spent some time figuring how to get past that zone :)
hope this helps some of you...

I just swam around the coast to the next zone :)

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted in GenCon Preview
- Siege gear will be in the game for PvP, although it will not be a trade skill. It was unclear to me how, exactly, siege gear will be implemented.

- Uberguild dominance of PvP is not likely. The devs have some ideas about this, too, including such things as limiting entry to PvP areas by level and skill (as determined by previous performance). Other ideas were not yet ready for discussion.

- Nothing in-game prevents one faction from invading the cities of another faction; whether this would lead to any lasting benefit for the faction remains to be seen.

PvP sounds good, but if you can invade all areas of the enemy realm, it could be a disaster. Sounds to me like you can walk into the enemy realm and everything is fine, but once you start attacking people the guards will come for you... and keep coming for you until you get zerged. So the 'invasion' PvP is probably a race to see how far you can get before the guards+players stop you.

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: WoW Alpha

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
So the 'invasion' PvP is probably a race to see how far you can get before the guards+players stop you.

Sounds fun doesn't it :D

C

chimaira

Kinda cool u guys tested it. I will wait for blizz release tryout tho. for perfect enjoyage. warez is so last year :(

L

Lumikki

Originally posted by Lumikki
And after clicking load wow client, how long does the load last? since I'm not getting any sort of reply :(

anyone? Nothing happens

K

Khalen

So we can talk and show stuff suddenly of an illegal downloaded alpha?

A

Aloca

if someone downloaded it can you send it to me ? on irc pls :p

F

Flimgoblin

locking this since I think it's classed as warez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom