Wouldnt this mid group do realy well in rvr?

O

o_O

*Skald
*Healer 44pac 30mend
*Healer 39mend xxwhatever
*Shaman
*Dark SM
*Supp SM
*Supp SM
*Supp SM

Dark SM could debuff spirit, and all the SMs would have dammage buffers/intercepting pets so they wouldnt die all that fast. Maybe swap one more supp SM for a dark to make shure that targets are debuffed.

Anyone tried this? are there any dark SMs at all? :) or are resist debuffs still not on a generic dammage table?

A

AbPoon

No in a word

You get mezzed and you die horribly

S

schinkaar

that depends what you mean with really well, do they have a chance to win every other FG. yes, but its extremly hard played and your pac healer should be 48 imo, since most fights where healing matters rely on instas and singletargets with this setup.
I whould recommend voicecom too since you really wanna utilize 5 mezz cures to the max with this setup, you need to brake out of mezz very fast if you wanna stand any chance and you whould want moc fast on the healers if you wanna have any chance against hibs, so id get that before PR as healer and purge->moc as SM:s, i whould say that you second healer should be 39m/37 aug too, especially if you take healer 1 to 48 pac. Apart from that its prolly a hardpleayed group to use at full potential so get some stubborn players or i doubt you will win the best groups too much.
And dont forget if they baod before debuff it wont last more than a second :). But defenetly a fun group to run in imo :)

K

Kallio

it wouldn´t be exactly Uber at all times but it should be fun as hell ^^

W

wiiwii

hard too find debuffers :(
and i think against tank grps that some form of pbt is needed. so maybe swap a supp sm for a supp rm. but caster grps > tank grps for fun factor. But u need smart pachealer so u get jump and can stack targets easier :)

O

old.anubis

no point in debuffing for pbae
from 3 sms everything (except baoding hibs) will die faster then you can debuff

so switch dark sm for det tank (warr for guard prolly) and you can try
i would switch third pbae too, for a tank or rm

above group is ok in farming alb noobs, but for this purpose you dont need dark sm at all :)

W

wiiwii

2 anubis: u plac cc not sm, we hit ppl with nice resists for about 300-400ish (not many wanna stand still for me too get inside them :() if debuffed that damage would increase alot. so it might be a way too kill vs tankgrps who have alot of hp.

A

arrakeen

i think that i would be hard beause the debuff is single target, but its could be a fun group to try out :)

A

Arnor

im game if anyone wants to give it a shot :)

supp sm btw

S

scrow2

depends...if you got the jump I give you a fair change of killing FGs fast.

you die if

1) balanched hib group with boad
2) you get mezzed
3) smart enemy that just dont walk in pbaoe box :)

F

fl3a

i would change dark RM to shield tank and one SM to darkcarver.

Z

zane

I'd change everything to supp BD's except for the pac healer and skald :rolleyes:

T

Thebe

imo, givf 1 pac, 2 mend healers xD
MM on pryd, doing pretty well with "1 pac, 2 mend, 1 shammy, 1 berz, 2 SM's, 1 skald " .. u can replace berz with RM tho
they all rr7+ etc now xD

B

Bebopbo

1) balanched hib group with boad
2) you get mezzed
3) smart enemy that just dont walk in pbaoe box :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I play a hib/pry chanter rr6 :) & theres 1 mid grp who have this kind of setup & im sure youve heard of them MM (Midget-Mafia) 9/10 they gank fg's ..theyve ganked 4+ FG's of hibs, its down to there AE stun. If they get that in ...its game over for the enemy. I have baod/moc etc & BAoD has maybe helped us live a few secs more against MM! they play this grp damn well indeed. 3 healers & 3 of the best pb's in game is kind of difficult to beat, ask any hib on pry :) some will say otherwise. As i said MM took out over 4+fg of us 1nce just using the AE stun/PB method...yup they got the jump & as with any rvr grp its always an advantage to get the jump. I've started a supp/sm & i can say, the dmg is MUCH more than my chanter ever was at L20 & we also get the con/str ae debuff. Only advantage i see on the chanter in RvR is we have Heat Debuff for our base nukes. Apart from that SM's are a better class :)

So Lovley, I think the setup you have mentioned will be effective in RvR (just ask MM!) but, its down to the players them selves/skill etc.. & a ssomeone mentioned above.. Voice comm would be a way to go if you were to try it. Having 2 healers use both there insta AE's on same grp aint good etc.. :p

I know i can't wait till i ding 50 wit my SM ..i will be hoping to try the same kind of setup.

cyaz soon :)

A

arrakeen

i could be wrong but aint enchanter Pbaoe and Sm pbaoe same dmg?

And what does a supp RM get thats better then a enchanter, you have evil dmg with Debuff/Base DD a real nice/annoying bet and then ofc pbaoe?

A

AbPoon

Chanter dd's are heat the pb's energy, sm pb is Spirit

H

Herbal Remedy

roll a savage and wtf pwn till the nerf comes or just hang on to other savages coat tails and hope u get the odd death spam like poon does

poon = pf bitch now:p

P

piggeman

Originally posted by lovley_gal
*Skald
*Healer 44pac 30mend
*Healer 39mend xxwhatever
*Shaman
*Dark SM
*Supp SM
*Supp SM
*Supp SM

Dark SM could debuff spirit, and all the SMs would have dammage buffers/intercepting pets so they wouldnt die all that fast. Maybe swap one more supp SM for a dark to make shure that targets are debuffed.

Anyone tried this? are there any dark SMs at all? :) or are resist debuffs still not on a generic dammage table?
Fact: No, this grp would get pwnd as any other.

Why? As long as albion zerg as they do today, we'll need atleast 3-4 other leecher grps/tails so stay alive.

Fiction: FG vs FG this group could to very well. But it all depends on the PAC healer really. If he's asleep or something (misses mess/stun) - bang - group dead... :)

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
roll a savage and wtf pwn till the nerf comes or just hang on to other savages coat tails and hope u get the odd death spam like poon does

poon = pf bitch now:p

velly nice Herb xD

B

Bebopbo

Re: Re: Wouldnt this mid group do realy well in rvr?

Originally posted by piggeman
Fact: No, this grp would get pwnd as any other.

Why? As long as albion zerg as they do today, we'll need atleast 3-4 other leecher grps/tails so stay alive.

Fiction: FG vs FG this group could to very well. But it all depends on the PAC healer really. If he's asleep or something (misses mess/stun) - bang - group dead... :)

do you have a hib/alb char on pry by any chance :) ? if so then im sure youve met MM :p (midget Mafia) & they are more than capable of taking out full zergs! trust me..ive seen it with my own eyes :( & thats done with the above grp setup ..& yup they are uber players & uber rvr guild :)

B

Bebopbo

Originally posted by arrakeen

And what does a supp RM get thats better then a enchanter, you have evil dmg with Debuff/Base DD a real nice/annoying bet and then ofc pbaoe?

SM's pb is slightly more powerful, in a rvr grp like the 1 in this topic. 3 SM's can do insane dmg as the enemy can not move away from PB (unlike ae mezz that hibs get) yup..there will be times that ae stun gets resisted etc.. but then when that happens it be just like playing my chanter...but on mid :D

Some might think im silly starting a simialr char.. well ive tried most of the classes on hib/Mid & these are my style of play :) i started my chanter just after beta so i never chose it as FOtM char ;) Only reason why i play daoc now is purely for RvR as i enjoy it much :) so i think choosing the right class for rvr grps is a must:)

B

Bebopbo

SM's pb is slightly more powerful, in a rvr grp like the 1 in this topic. 3 SM's can do insane dmg as the enemy can not move away from PB (unlike ae mezz that hibs get) yup..there will be times that ae stun gets resisted etc.. but then when that happens it be just like playing my chanter...but on mid :D

Some might think im silly starting a simialr char.. well ive tried most of the classes on hib/Mid & these are my style of play :) i started my chanter just after beta so i never chose it as FOtM char ;) Only reason why i play daoc now is purely for RvR as i enjoy it much :) so i think choosing the right class for rvr grps is a must:)

A

arrakeen

Originally posted by Bebopbo
so i think choosing the right class for rvr grps is a must:)

Roll a savage/skald/healer/shammy/ then since unless you decided to make your own groups or a regular RvR group you will have a hard time in Emain finding a semi decent group thats want you :)

But hopefully that will change :) so stay with your sm

Users who are viewing this thread