Would you Re-Reroll Cluster if there were server wide bonuses

Would you re-roll to the English Cluster if there were server wide bonuses

• I already play on Euro Servers (Ger/Fre) and would play English if bonuses were added

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • I don't play Euro Servers but would re-activate for bonuses

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • I Dont play Daoc but would come back for bonuses

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I would not return to the English cluster for the bonuses (I play Euro)

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • I would not return to the English cluster for the bonuses (I play US)

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I would not return to the English cluster for the bonuses (I dont play)

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don't think Bonuses are good for the game

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Other

Votes: 17 11.7%

• Total voters

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing that is going to save this game is putting the first 'M' back in MMORPG...bonuses, by themselves, would never be anything more than a desultory band-aid.

Well the game is actually live and kicking, just look at the german servers.
We cant call ourselfs the EU community when we are, and allways has been, a very small part of it tbh.

But sure it would be nice to have my old toons on Avalon but to day the game is in super easy mode so its just to level one or two up to 50.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
tbh, keeping adding bonuses into the game really does do nothing, it will maybe keep people playing afew weeks long. Then they will have to put more bonuses in to keep them playing just that little longer.

and before you know it, you'll be able to get rr10 in under a week. then theres no point in rvr, and no point in playing

Gahn

Resident Freddy
tbh, keeping adding bonuses into the game really does do nothing, it will maybe keep people playing afew weeks long. Then they will have to put more bonuses in to keep them playing just that little longer.

and before you know it, you'll be able to get rr10 in under a week. then theres no point in rvr, and no point in playing

Can't really agree, i don't rvr for rps, i rvr to have fun. As long as there is good and competent opposition i have fun even if i make few rps, if there's little to no competition and every1 zergs i have no fun and move on.

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
Can't really agree, i don't rvr for rps, i rvr to have fun. As long as there is good and competent opposition i have fun even if i make few rps, if there's little to no competition and every1 zergs i have no fun and move on.

Well said!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Well, rvring ONLY to get alot of RPs is stupid, but you need some motivation. Without RPs it would take some of the edge around killing people (there has to be some reward to it). RPs are not the sole reason for RvRing, but it would be boring without it.

Realmranks used to be something you had to earn and was more prestigeous, now they've pushed the RP gains way too far and RPs and ranks means nothing. Further overdoing this, well, I can see where that is going.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Well, rvring ONLY to get alot of RPs is stupid, but you need some motivation. Without RPs it would take some of the edge around killing people (there has to be some reward to it). RPs are not the sole reason for RvRing, but it would be boring without it.

Realmranks used to be something you had to earn and was more prestigeous, now they've pushed the RP gains way too far and RPs and ranks means nothing. Further overdoing this, well, I can see where that is going.

Its allready got there m8, the bloody Warder zerg is all RR10 now :eek7:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Posted on another thread here actually. If GoA were to actually bring across server-transferring (e.g.: Prydwen to Camlann, and so forth) we'd get around 1000 players back. The idea of that happening would be lovely.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
But sure it would be nice to have my old toons on Avalon but to day the game is in super easy mode so its just to level one or two up to 50.

its easymode if u have a BB and a PL whore. noone wants to group, and solo its still just one big super grind, task dungeons or not. but then again, getting to 50 is still not the real challenge, its mostly just utterly boring and takes forever. whats hard is to get anyone intrested in helping with ToA and CL's. THATS the real challenge. and before you say it, no, buying that crap with BP's isnt a option for new lvl50's.

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
Yes there is clearly a problem nowdays with grouping but the game is, pl whore or not, still very easy compared to what it used to be and that is a wierd way to go Imo to keep players as you are supose to play this game for years and if its to easy to get your goals the game dies.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
wouldnt come back. US servers far exceed my expectations and no matter what GOA do, the US servers will be better in virtually every way.

Gamah

Banned
I've semi come back and rolled US..sorry GOA but your game is dead to me.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I've semi come back and rolled US..sorry GOA but your game is dead to me.
Come mid kay and roll a hunter old bean, everyone on VN already hates us so you would fit in well along side us!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
where do u play gamah? xd

come play with me atos/carp/thadius etc ;(

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Its really not that bad rerolling ive done a lot off stuff in a few months than what i did in my years playing here,rr wise or money its easy to get into it quick as sh seem to have done well as well.i also like reading the whine posts they get from rahmon.

Well anyway its better than playing a dead server and with the ml luv u would find it even more easy now.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
The Free trial should bee 3+ months not 7-14 days or whatever it is now, and if you BUY the game it should deffinatly be 6 months free. If you gav the trail-person the chance to get to lvl 50 during the trial, I think the chance of them resubbing would be alot higher. Why must DAoC be as every other mmo and only offer 14-day trials? Looks at Anarchy Online, a shitcrap game..and still there are tons of ppl playing it becouse it's free!(to a degree, if ppl want the latest expansions ect, they have to pay subs)

The main issue people on dyvet have now is "NONE to KILL/PLAY WITH" Most people think DAoC is fun(I know I do) but when dyvet nolonger could offer me (massive) multiplayer online experience, I had to move to US!

Odin knows I stayed and tried to play on dyvet, but it wasn't fun anymore...

Ny vote is for longer trial periods! GOA can't bee loosing any money on it since they already got the infrastructure to house tousands of more players already (should longer free trials account make the servers to crowded(fat chance) just change the trial period again...
This is the best idea I've heard in years. Why didn't anyone think of this before? You sir are a genious. Goa have nothing to lose by doing this, it would simply increase population and everybody wins. Ofcourse it would need to be advertised.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
This is the best idea I've heard in years. Why didn't anyone think of this before? You sir are a genious. Goa have nothing to lose by doing this, it would simply increase population and everybody wins. Ofcourse it would need to be advertised.

and after those 3 months ppl will leave again as they got used to playing for free and is pissed they couldent keep doing it.

its a extreamly short time solution. nothing that will hold in the long run at all.

krall

Fledgling Freddie
snowball eff. or not - the root of the problem is deeper.
a) game been running for a long time whitout any real influx of new gamers.
b) this forum...not all ppl like the abuse they get here. What I mean is - its simply to easy to get away whit really offencive stuff. Coz lets be honest much would not have been said face to face.
c) Way to manny ppl trying to inforce there way of playing on other gamers.
d) it gets borring for some.

Gamah

Banned
OLM :D

I remember you trying in vain to kill my minstrel so many times heheh!

In the end you just double teamed/added on me :( But I guess I was a really hard fight 1v1 so I don't blame ya.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Bonuses took away the fun i had on avalon. Set grp folded, so no going to the 8vs8 zone left me with getting a pug and going where it went = agramon to fight the 150alb+150mids+150hibs there, cause of the 150% rp bonus. This and the fact that it is not rly viable to solo on my bm since all i meet are armsmen, maulers, valks and warriors. And no, im not gonna spec shield on a firb bm.
So much fun not being able to hit a freaking shield user rr4+ unless I runthru and strafe like a bitch.

Shield love patch = way ott..........rp bonus = stupid! IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom