Would you Re-Reroll Cluster if there were server wide bonuses

Would you re-roll to the English Cluster if there were server wide bonuses

• I already play on Euro Servers (Ger/Fre) and would play English if bonuses were added

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • I don't play Euro Servers but would re-activate for bonuses

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • I Dont play Daoc but would come back for bonuses

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I would not return to the English cluster for the bonuses (I play Euro)

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • I would not return to the English cluster for the bonuses (I play US)

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I would not return to the English cluster for the bonuses (I dont play)

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don't think Bonuses are good for the game

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Other

Votes: 17 11.7%

• Total voters

Gamah

Banned
If GOA implimented mythic like server wide bonuses would you return?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I would consider to play it a bit more, but Uk Cluster problems are different than merely giving away bonuses.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
How can we vote on bonuses when we dont even know what they may be?

Are you talking xp bonuses, double pve dmg, more loot from mobs, easier chance to craft mp etc

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with Gahn.

Only way to get me back is to get _loads_ of people on the server, especially roaming fg's. What the hell do I do with rp's, even if I get 5 times the amount I did before, if getting them is a boring grind? RP's mean nothing to me, I play for fun and that means 8vs8, if that doesnt excist theres no point in playing really. So open all EU accounts for 1 month for free, that would give the servers a huge population boost and might make some groups come back.

I'd probably just play my Avalon cluster chars anyway though, there's just no way without a real commitment from the community to bring the fg scene back to Excal cluster and I dont see that happening anymore.

I cant believe ANYONE would return just so they could get more imaginary points in a game, I mean it doesnt change the core problem at all.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Do you not already have these bonus' at present? Im sure someone said you have the same 2x XP in old and SI we had, we progressed on from there, maybe you will too.

Sorry, but I wouldnt come back now, in 4 months I have manage to pretty much catch up to where I left off in EU, and Im happy where I am now. I seriously doubt there is enough to entice people back, even freebies and bonus' galore.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe if every euro account with chars on the UK cluster would be opened for free but only allowing chars on the uk cluster to be played would suffice. That would atleast make me and probably a lot of my friends to test it out for a few nights, maybe even the whole month and actually PLAY on the UK cluster. :D

GOA doesnt have a system in place for that though and coding it would mean extra effort and you know how much GOA likes that. :rolleyes:

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Why don't they atleast try to give former customers a free month play? why just 7 days? They MUST do something! give NEW accounts 3-6 months of free play, once these ppl have invested so much time in the game they would become customers, or atleast starta new free account.

It's not like thse players would add a cost? These players would just give excisting paying customers somone to kill/play with, thous the exciting customers would stay and maybe some of the freebiees would become paying customers as well.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Why don't they atleast try to give former customers a free month play? why just 7 days? They MUST do something! give NEW accounts 3-6 months of free play, once these ppl have invested so much time in the game they would become customers, or atleast starta new free account.

It's not like thse players would add a cost? These players would just give excisting paying customers somone to kill/play with, thous the exciting customers would stay and maybe some of the freebiees would become paying customers as well.

one of the best ideas I heard, maybe even would work. Deffo worth testing.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe if every euro account with chars on the UK cluster would be opened for free but only allowing chars on the uk cluster to be played would suffice. That would atleast make me and probably a lot of my friends to test it out for a few nights, maybe even the whole month and actually PLAY on the UK cluster. :D

GOA doesnt have a system in place for that though and coding it would mean extra effort and you know how much GOA likes that. :rolleyes:

umm.. dont you get an CD with a month free n00b acc when you buy a game box? That meens you allready have it, just need to spread it out better.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Voted other :
Basically past caring/beliving they will ever do anything.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
The Free trial should bee 3+ months not 7-14 days or whatever it is now, and if you BUY the game it should deffinatly be 6 months free. If you gav the trail-person the chance to get to lvl 50 during the trial, I think the chance of them resubbing would be alot higher. Why must DAoC be as every other mmo and only offer 14-day trials? Looks at Anarchy Online, a shitcrap game..and still there are tons of ppl playing it becouse it's free!(to a degree, if ppl want the latest expansions ect, they have to pay subs)

The main issue people on dyvet have now is "NONE to KILL/PLAY WITH" Most people think DAoC is fun(I know I do) but when dyvet nolonger could offer me (massive) multiplayer online experience, I had to move to US!

Odin knows I stayed and tried to play on dyvet, but it wasn't fun anymore...

Ny vote is for longer trial periods! GOA can't bee loosing any money on it since they already got the infrastructure to house tousands of more players already (should longer free trials account make the servers to crowded(fat chance) just change the trial period again...

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Nah, what's teh point of having loads of rps if nothing interesting ever happening.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
The only thing that is going to save this game is putting the first 'M' back in MMORPG...bonuses, by themselves, would never be anything more than a desultory band-aid.

But, in all honesty, the DAOC community is so different now from in the game's heyday I don't know if even having 2002/3 population levels again would save it. The feeling was so different in the last two years - elitism, bickering - that it would never be the same.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
wtf r u on? do u like daoc? ok there r high german pop servers w english community, loads of bonuses, loads of raids n every active rvr scene w player which respec each other n let each play the way each wants solo, 8v8 or zerg

some ppl like only their high rr char n live in past glories

gamah rerolled mid/ava, asked me for gold n pl a few lvls in tds, even i didnt know him b4 apart from his forum trollin here. he might got a few lvl in moderna too from his guild. and then he prolly gave up or he is too lazy to do what he likes... playin daoc n doing another part of the game.
now he n many others like him whine n post here
or do u expect that daoc would be always the same?
:drink:
squezzin other communities into cluster and forcin them to dyvet habbits might make u sad, unless yer only goal is teh holy realm point...but thats why dyvet died

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I have to agree with Gahn on this, I see nothing as a customer that entices me back to the cluster or even the game. Tbh, I am having more fun gutting the innards of the game from my own comp than playing it. But I am still waiting to see what GOA will do and how they are going to implement it first before I take any further decisions on what my customer base concern is with regard to this game and when I am likely to play it again. :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I cant believe ANYONE would return just so they could get more imaginary points in a game, I mean it doesnt change the core problem at all.

I believe some eggheads would but, I dont really bother with that kinda player at all in DAoC and thus it wouldnt be a reason for me to return and well, that kinda is my answer to the question asked.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Unless the population is trebled then I'd rather stay where I am.

Bonuses are a good idea, but it's far too late. GOA should've considered using bonuses months ago to compensate for the lack of players, like a 10-20% bonus to give a little bit extra.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, i don't CARE if they got bonuses or not, i could go back to pre-rplove patch for all i care. ill only return if the player base became at least twice the numbers it is today. even that might not be enough :p

Gamah

Banned
Well the bonuses could lure back players and thus increasing population..bringing back more players logging on due to the bigger population..bringing back more players logging on due to the bigger population..bringing back more players logging on due to the bigger population..bringing back more players logging on due to the bigger population..bringing back more players logging on due to the bigger population..bringing back more players logging on due to the bigger population..

Ala the snowball effect.

RP & EXP bonuses combined with giving EVERY inactive player a free month will get the cluster kicking..but GOA are to fucking lazy/stupid/#care to do it.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Well the whinin and moanin HAS ALREADY lured back forum trolls and thus increasing the whine threads..bringing back more forum trolls logging on due to the bigger number of whine threads..bringing back more forum trolls logging on due to the bigger number of whine threads..bringing back more forum trolls logging on due to the bigger number of whine threads..bringing back more forum trolls logging on due to the bigger number of whine threads..bringing back more forum trolls logging on due to the bigger number of whine threads..bringing back more forum trolls logging on due to the bigger whine number of whine threads EVERY DAY!

Ala the snowball effect.

Addin & zergin bonuses combined with giving EVERY inactive sotg player a free month will get FH kicking..but GOA are to fucking lazy/stupid/#care to do it.

thats what gamah didnt post, but what he was thinkin
:drink:

Gamah

Banned
Must suck to spend long on an attempted funny and fail :(

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Clicked other.

I still have one EU account open and play now and then its just frustrating waiting 20 minutes for a fight then to be rolled by a group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom