Would you like to see fixed sized BGs in DAoC?

Would you like to see fixed sized BGs in DAoC?

• Yes.

Votes: 88 32.1%
  • No.

Votes: 186 67.9%

• Total voters

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Instanced pvp is horribly boring and shit.
Thats all there is to it :|

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
whould actualy be fun too see a 1v1 duel zone

but i dont think we have enough players to get anything else working

Calo

Part of the furniture
seems like most people don't like the idea

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
no they arent illegal. DOL is perfectly legal if u read the homepage.....
ill try and find the text :)

AFAIK, using a source code that has been modified directly to use without paying is an offence. Ofcourse, if he lives in some fucked up country with fucked up laws then ofc :(

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
i tryet it a few times but only really funny if you play mid for the 1 vs 1 an 2 vs 2 :) meeting bd+ healer or savage+ healer over an over again just gets boring... the fun about daoc is running around in the frontier an get supriced by someone jumping you an winning an after the fight you take down a add :) thats what makes daoc worth playing, 1 vs 1 where you just spam some styles would just get boring fast..

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i just voted no. Its not daoc then and il be gone if that is what is once gonna be implemented:) But if that is what majority wants i wouldnt stop it ofc..nor could i ofc:p
over and out.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Lomme said:
could be fun :p might be a bit unfair for all the classes who lack self buffs etc though, trying to kill a vamp with anything unbuffed cant be very fun

yep that is correct :)

Then again that leads us to the old point that Mythic/Goa are clueless on classes balencing

would love to see:

Vamp Vs anyone
BD vs anyone
S/S avalonian pally vs anyone :D
HO wiz vs anyone
etc etc etc

would rox :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:
yep that is correct :)

Then again that leads us to the old point that Mythic/Goa are clueless on classes balencing

would love to see:

Vamp Vs anyone
BD vs anyone
S/S avalonian pally vs anyone :D
HO wiz vs anyone
etc etc etc

would rox :D

Wouldn't be a problem to have a NPC buff bot upon entering the duel zone to give balanced buffs on click.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Wouldn't be a problem to have a NPC buff bot upon entering the duel zone to give balanced buffs on click.

yeah mani true but classes still need balencing before imho. Even tho GW is full of idiots its funeh cause i´ve found that anyclass in game can take another class.

even buffed a pally wouldnt stand a change with a good BD. not to mention support classes that would have hard time soloing...i can almost see...clerics respec smite :D :worthy:

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
instanced RvR is of the evil, it wouldnt be daoc without the free for all large scale RvR areas.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
should be an arena type deal imo. like elder scrolls has, where u can challenge anyone from any realm and fight add free, in front of spectators - to the death! for rps. and same realm contestants pay rps too ^^

the only rule? there are no rules.

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
should be an arena type deal imo. like elder scrolls has, where u can challenge anyone from any realm and fight add free, in front of spectators - to the death! for rps. and same realm contestants pay rps too ^^

the only rule? there are no rules.

and u can also place bets and win PLATSSSSSSS : )

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
limited BGs, gladiator fights, fg vs fg area and such things do not belong to daoc imo. We dont use it now and shouldnt. As stated earlier its a part of the game avoiding greater armies then yours, and it makes the rvr more realistic and living imo. The current RvR is good imo.

I cant realy make a statment since daoc is the first RvR based MMORPG i have played and i started after OF, I have heard so much great about OF but i "was born" in NF :p maybe for the best to dont "know any better" like the people living in straw huts thinking they live good :D

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
snushanen said:
limited BGs, gladiator fights, fg vs fg area and such things do not belong to daoc imo. We dont use it now and shouldnt. As stated earlier its a part of the game avoiding greater armies then yours, and it makes the rvr more realistic and living imo. The current RvR is good imo.

I cant realy make a statment since daoc is the first RvR based MMORPG i have played and i started after OF, I have heard so much great about OF but i "was born" in NF :p maybe for the best to dont "know any better" like the people living in straw huts thinking they live good :D

NF is absolute roxxx on servers like Lyonesse where ppl play the game as it was designed, keeptakes every day, epic battles and zergfights etc etc high realm activity. well i think that means less fg vs fg (altho never tried agramon there as it was ages ago w/o agra) but i do think NF was designed for more players that actually play nowadays (exc/pryd cluster) with those huge keeps and loads of towers, rough terrain.

back ontopic : wow bgs are a fucking horror and daoc bgs wouldnt be much better. way too artificial imo.

Loverman

Fledgling Freddie
I'd thought it would be cool if they could mayby create an event like RvR-BG.

Ponder this:

* 2 people stand on the list to play the event, they choose to play each other.
* To be able to play. They pay by having their worth in RA's compared to the challenger. (like -1500 RP for the RR 8, and -400 for the RR3)

* The duel starts, and the winner take the full, +1900 RPs for the win.
--- OR ---
* The duel starts, and the winner gets back his bounty, and gets guild merit points the worth of the opponents bounty.

But I don't know, mayby the whole Gladiator thingy would just split up the RvR-action more making the main frontiers empty. Which would be utterly crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom