Would you like to see fixed sized BGs in DAoC?

Would you like to see fixed sized BGs in DAoC?

• Yes.

Votes: 88 32.1%
  • No.

Votes: 186 67.9%

• Total voters

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
What about if DAoC had fixed size battlegrounds like in WoW, for example for 8 vs 8 and 40 vs 40 and so on and a duel manager to allow 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, x vs x and so on?

The frontiers would have to be reduced in size, since some of the PvP/RvR content would take place in instanced zones.

I personally started to play a bit on a free shard too, where duels work and I have to say, even if you meet 2 Bonedancers in 2 vs 2 it's a lot of fun and I don't feel sorry for any one running on the frontiers being added on, since there is a way for them to get clean fights elsewhere.

Discuss!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I personally started to play a bit on a free shard too, where duels work and I have to say, even if you meet 2 Bonedancers in 2 vs 2 it's a lot of fun and I don't feel sorry for any one running on the frontiers being added on, since there is a way for them to get clean fights elsewhere.

Probably not something you should admit ;)

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
no thanks, i really hated the instanced pvp in wow. (also tried it on freeshard)
from a solo pov on minstrel: its not just the fights that make it fun, but also avoiding bigger groups, and taking the enemy by surprise etc. i agree it can be frustrating at times, but dont think making rvr instanced would make things better.

would remove a big part of the daoc "feel" kinda :p and taking on more than one enemy at a time can be fun sometimes aswell.

enough grinding in pve, dont want it in rvr aswell.

If you want instanced RvR/PvP you can get that on freeshards, so I voted no :)...besides I think it ruins alot of the games atmosphere to know 100% that in 5s I'll be dead or get rps. :p

Gamah

Banned
Lets just rename the game WoW, they are already making the game to simple, now you want to make RvR easy mode as well..no thanks.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
If the population was much larger I'd say yes, but atm certainly not, it would lower normal rvr populations too much, and like lomezz says take away alot from the game.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

I to have had my fair share of freeshards, the idea behind it is all good and fun, but the problem is that it can be bugged like hell ;< Stealthers dueling and just standing stealthed and doing shite, healers lagjumping on roofs, ...

Honestly, if you want fair fights in the frontiers, you will find them. Just use IRC to arrange a few duels with some mates, and voila, your're set to go.

Dorimor1

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:

Yep on that particular server its a great feature and imo something Mythic should be looking to implement.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
RvR in daoc is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.

Himse

FH is my second home
Jobbegea said:
RvR in daoc is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.

actually, u always know nowdays

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to see a form of instance RvR / BG but not like you suggested.

Personally i'd rather have a large battleground with a random zone in point where grouping and casting buffs on other players are disabled.

And to this a rule about rps being negated if someone else attacks the same enemy and you'd have a very nice solo BG.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I'd like to see a form of instance RvR / BG but not like you suggested.

Personally i'd rather have a large battleground with a random zone in point where grouping and casting buffs on other players are disabled.

And to this a rule about rps being negated if someone else attacks the same enemy and you'd have a very nice solo BG.
could be fun :p might be a bit unfair for all the classes who lack self buffs etc though, trying to kill a vamp with anything unbuffed cant be very fun

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
if u want fixed sized BG's go play WoW or Guild Wars...

DAOC is about LARGE SCALE RvR - and more of it :)

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
:eek:

ur idea rox m8 BUT....... thats what make the original servers dull and freeshards full of peeps ;)

thats why more and more asking : hello how can i play on freeshard? with old emain old odins etc? give the link plzzzzzz ^^

well wow is a game with nice game-ideas and peeps that like daoc remember it as it WAS and not as it IS now rvr in general

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
No no no!! When I feel like playing in an instance I go play GW. Daoc is about large open areas, and not knowing what you will face.

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
go play wow? wait x amount of hours for it to get even numbers etc to allow u to get in, zzz...

Gamah

Banned
>.< Pooned said:
ur idea rox m8 BUT....... thats what make the original servers dull and freeshards full of peeps ;)

thats why more and more asking : hello how can i play on freeshard? with old emain old odins etc? give the link plzzzzzz ^^

well wow is a game with nice game-ideas and peeps that like daoc remember it as it WAS and not as it IS now rvr in general

Oh no, people like you are going to freeshards, how I will miss the ACSII "up yours" hand and the name "pooned"

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Just so you know, if GoA really wanted to bugger you off, they could probably ban your characters.

free-shards ARE illegal. Mythic/GoA never intended to release the source code which make them work therefore, they are illegal. If you are playing on them, you are commiting an offence, although less action generally happens to the people that play than those that run it.

add to this the fact goa can terminate an account as their wish and u have a sticky situation.

and tbh, i wish req. would ban you all. :m00:

discalimed: all of the above should be true but i cannot confirm 100%.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
Just so you know, if GoA really wanted to bugger you off, they could probably ban your characters.

free-shards ARE illegal. Mythic/GoA never intended to release the source code which make them work therefore, they are illegal. If you are playing on them, you are commiting an offence, although less action generally happens to the people that play than those that run it.

add to this the fact goa can terminate an account as their wish and u have a sticky situation.

and tbh, i wish req. would ban you all. :m00:

discalimed: all of the above should be true but i cannot confirm 100%.

I couldn't care less. I am a paying customer and I support the game. Luckily it's not GoA to decide what's illegal in Germany and what not, we have laws for that.

If they would ban me for playing their game and trying something else out and making suggestions I would most likely move on to something else.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
1 vs 1 BG could be fun, but I guess the player database is too low for that

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Manisch Depressiv said:
I couldn't care less. I am a paying customer and I support the game. Luckily it's not GoA to decide what's illegal in Germany and what not, we have laws for that.

If they would ban me for playing their game and trying something else out and making suggestions I would most likely move on to something else.

Yer well, but even if you had a registered copy of Windows XP and were using a modified version where the sourcecode was illegally changed, you'd be in serious trouble with the law.

GOA doesn't decide what's legal or not in Germany, but when you install the game you agree to different things and I'm pretty sure you agree that creating your own servers or playing on such servers is illegal ( I never read that actually ). Even if it's not there, then people are abusing a client software for their own cause, which breaks the copyrights of Mythic, simple as that.

§4 Artikel 5: Das spielen auf frei zugänglichen Servern (sog. "freeshards"), welche nicht von GOA oder Mythic betrieben werden ist eine wiederhandlung gegen das Copyright Gesetz (siehe §47 BGB) und zieht somit eine Bestrafung hinter sich, welche in §5 näher erläutert wird.

imagine that for a moment =)

P.S. it's too late, so just.....well....ignore that if you don't understand it =))

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

GoA won't take legal action, they'd probably just ban your account but i'm guessing it's still considered illegal and probably an international law.

And the last part doesn't make sense. The higher the user count on freeshards, the more interest it gets therefore the less pepps that play DAoC. This means you ruin the experiance for everyone be being an asshole and commiting a illegal offence and admitting it on the forums.

To be honest, I daut GoA care about you or me. We're paying customers. Anything which strives to take paying customers away will be dealt with if it becomes a big issue. You advertising 'free shard' servers not only disrespects people who play the legal DAoC but also kind of fucks yourself and your free-shard megam8s.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
GoA won't take legal action, they'd probably just ban your account but i'm guessing it's still considered illegal and probably an international law.

And the last part doesn't make sense. The higher the user count on freeshards, the more interest it gets therefore the less pepps that play DAoC. This means you ruin the experiance for everyone be being an asshole and commiting a illegal offence and admitting it on the forums.

To be honest, I daut GoA care about you or me. We're paying customers. Anything which strives to take paying customers away will be dealt with if it becomes a big issue. You advertising 'free shard' servers not only disrespects people who play the legal DAoC but also kind of fucks yourself and your free-shard megam8s.

I don't advertise free shards. The fact that something exists and mentioning it is not advertisement for me. And you seem to miss the part that I am playing on Excal/Prydwen and pay for my account.

If the population of the live servers goes down because of people who play on free shards then you can be so ignorant and accuse the people who play there of fucking the community or just realize the fact that some want to play for free and some have found content Mythic does not provide on their servers.

For me, playing on a free shard permanently is a no go, I want professional service and the most bug/exploit free environment I can find for DAoC.

Legal action, good luck, it's laughable just to mention it. Ban my account, good bye, other games to play. Now get back on topic, this is about a Battleground feature in DAoC not free shards.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
If the population of the live servers goes down because of people who play on free shards then you can be so ignorant and accuse the people who play there of fucking the community or just realize the fact that some want to play for free and some have found content Mythic does not provide on their servers.

For me, playing on a free shard permanently is a no go, I want professional service and the most bug/exploit free environment I can find for DAoC.

Legal action, good luck, it's laughable just to mention it. Ban my account, good bye, other games to play. Now get back on topic, this is about a Battleground feature in DAoC not free shards.

By coming onto here and saying 'I personally started to play a bit on a free shard too, where duels work,' I bet atleast one person reading googled: 'DAoC free-shard' or something along the lines. That is attempting to fuck up the DAoC community. It may be a minimun of one player but it's still a player that has been enticed to an illegal server.

I said legal action won't occur by the way. ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:

no they arent illegal. DOL is perfectly legal if u read the homepage.....
ill try and find the text :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom