• Yes- i perfer the OF enough to put up with the French :wanker:

Votes: 122 62.6%
  • No- iam a gimp and enjoy train spoting

Votes: 73 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Animisty

Fledgling Freddie
was wondering if people would play on glastonbry if it was OF?

since i have been playing this game since beta and was very anoyed with the switch from OF to NF, i was j/w if peps think that mythic should make Glastonbury a true Classic server by brinning back the OF on the server.

:england: "it's comming home"

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
where is the: I think NF is superior to OF in design becuase OF would be a complete zerg feast, and a game with ToA is boring option?

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
a true classic server should be classic+si classes and items only, wether to also use OF instead of NF im not fond of.

i like nf alot better, less choke points, no buggy keeps, better keeps for sieges, instead of having 200 people crammed up inside a 60 squaremeter castle getting gtaoe to hell.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:
a true classic server should be classic+si classes and items only, wether to also use OF instead of NF im not fond of.

i like nf alot better, less choke points, no buggy keeps, better keeps for sieges, instead of having 200 people crammed up inside a 60 squaremeter castle getting gtaoe to hell.

well its not a "classic" server. its a term that the players made up. its a "alternative ruleset" server.
but yea. i would prefer classic+SI only :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
go play freeshard if you want OF.

personally i think its a case of people thinking OF was better, when it really wasnt.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
where is the: I think NF is superior to OF in design becuase OF would be a complete zerg feast, and a game with ToA is boring option?

there is none, its shouldnt be needed

and if people think of was better then why would it change if there is only classic+si

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
What's with all the OF polls ... so many OF polls ... so little point :(

Oh and trainspotting ftw!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Times like this I wish I had the "Close Thread" button. Yet another useless poll on a subject thats been flogged like a dead horse.

At least make polls with sensible options, not "vote no if you are a twat" like this one.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Times like this I wish I had the "Close Thread" button. Yet another useless poll on a subject thats been flogged like a dead horse.

At least make polls with sensible options, not "vote no if you are a twat" like this one.

I wish polls here had a maximum duration of say 48 hours .. and only mods can post polls that last longer then that ... I also wish there was a "ignore all polls" option which I'd instantly enable.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:

Bastard, beat me to it :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no...because OF was not actually that good compared to NF, more places to go, more things to do in NF. zergy emain, virtually empty odins, completly empty HW in OF.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
What i would really love if people who never actually had a 50 or for that matter any char pre-nf to stfu getting all nostalgic about something that they have no clue about ...

:m00:

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

so good memories :p

and there is nothing saying u have to click on the thread if you dont want to take part

X

xGenocidex

Quite simply - No... reason are

1. It isn't a classic server.. classic was just the crappy name given to it.. classic did not have power pool/stat caps/cast,melee,archery etc speeds..

2. No because theres no buffbots and personally it would be so much more fun with buffbots ;l

Martok

Part of the furniture
>.< Pooned said:
OF wasnt shit u were shit prolly shit player got shit memories
kthxbye

Pfft Shit memorys i hated the old mids camping amg for days on end! i hated the albs zerging around emain and owning it all i hated OP hibs and all there toys! OF was fun at the time but bring back OF now with toa cata/DR items classes ect and well it would be HELL!!!! you want OF go to freeshards and you will remeber why yes it was good but now it would be shit!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
>.< Pooned said:
OF wasnt shit u were shit prolly shit player got shit memories
kthxbye

Over the last few days i've come to the conclusion that you sir are a complete twat.

If you want OF go play freeshards, enough of these fucking polls already, the horse has been flogged to death, kicked about some more, ran over by a few trucks and then raped for good measure.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Don't bring back old frontiers, it had lots of problems..

Just fix the very obvious problems with NF instead!! i.e. give people more than 2ft of space that's worth visiting!

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
your poll is posted in such a way, that people not answering 'YES' admitt they are gimps.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
Quite simply - No... reason are

1. It isn't a classic server.. classic was just the crappy name given to it.. classic did not have power pool/stat caps/cast,melee,archery etc speeds..

2. No because theres no buffbots and personally it would be so much more fun with buffbots ;l

and yet, most people voted "yes"

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the aggressive vocal people voted no & the normal people voted yes :D

I voted yes, altho TBH they would have to remove the SI + Cata classes too.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Drucken said:
and yet, most people voted "yes"
137 people is not a representative sample of the DAoC population of one realm of one server, let alone the worldwide population.
Also as has been said the poll had very stupid choices.
I agree with you.
vs
I am stupid.

The people who want OF mostly want it because they remember what RvR used to be like back then. What they don't realise is that the situatuion changed, not because of NF but because of people's attitudes. NF was exactly what the game needed, it was a vital shot in the arm for RvR without which DAoC would have struggled to keep it's title as the best PvP MMO. Going back to OF won't change the state of RvR, changing a map doesn't change people's attitude.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
137 people is not a representative sample of the DAoC population of one realm of one server, let alone the worldwide population.
Also as has been said the poll had very stupid choices.
I agree with you.
vs
I am stupid.

The people who want OF mostly want it because they remember what RvR used to be like back then. What they don't realise is that the situatuion changed, not because of NF but because of people's attitudes. NF was exactly what the game needed, it was a vital shot in the arm for RvR without which DAoC would have struggled to keep it's title as the best PvP MMO. Going back to OF won't change the state of RvR, changing a map doesn't change people's attitude.

probably does as i know alot of people would start playing again if OF was returned

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
why do ppl still wind about of.... mythic/goa stated several times that they are NOT gonna put it back....

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
griralith said:
why do ppl still wind about of.... mythic/goa stated several times that they are NOT gonna put it back....

It's called nostalgia..

It's the reason people swear pong was the best game ever made!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Drucken said:
probably does as i know alot of people would start playing again if OF was returned
And then they'd quit again two weeks later when they realised that the game is different to how they remembered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom