Would it be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ucallme

Banned
Just wondered what your thoughts were about this...

What if Mythic/GoA could cluster all servers on Europe just for RvR zone and leave the PvE zones as they are?

In my opinion they would only need:

1 Main server to Run RvR Zones for all Servers
2 Ofcourse the other machines just to run as they are for each server for PvE but keep that seperate from each other (If that makes sense).

I really do think that this will keep the game going for a hell of alot longer. After all, we all want Action/Action/Action dont we?

What do you guys think?

Amphrax/Arauddry

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its already been said BUT i dont want to be clustered with french they destroyed glast with their 3/5fgs on stick kind of warfare.

But goa have said they wont cluster any more servers and also there is the language issue still.

Only way you could do it is if mythic made the language files CLIENT side instead of SERVER side but you would have to recode the entire game to have items with codes instead of names.

As it stands no goa wont cluster any more servers.

Ucallme

Banned
its already been said BUT i dont want to be clustered with french they destroyed glast with their 3/5fgs on stick kind of warfare.

But goa have said they wont cluster any more servers and also there is the language issue still.

Only way you could do it is if mythic made the language files CLIENT side instead of SERVER side but you would have to recode the entire game to have items with codes instead of names.

As it stands no goa wont cluster any more servers.

But surely for the language issue they could have patches where you can download to fix this problem??

e.g: sellection of languages, just click on the language you want, then download and install and you have your patch.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie

ppl from the english servers would have done the same if they had the numbers for it.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wondered what your thoughts were about this...

What if Mythic/GoA could cluster all servers on Europe just for RvR zone and leave the PvE zones as they are?

In my opinion they would only need:

1 Main server to Run RvR Zones for all Servers
2 Ofcourse the other machines just to run as they are for each server for PvE but keep that seperate from each other (If that makes sense).

I really do think that this will keep the game going for a hell of alot longer. After all, we all want Action/Action/Action dont we?

What do you guys think?

Amphrax/Arauddry

Well I'd say it would be impossoble really.Think of 10000ppl.atleast 6k in RvR,think of all the BBs.Players computers wouldnt manage the lag it would create really.And the RvR zones would be too overcrowded.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lets crank up the omgplsclusterdyvetwithxxx threads/day ratio m8s, there arent enough yet

cmr

Banned
lets crank up the omgplsclusterdyvetwithxxx threads/day ratio m8s, there arent enough yet

it cant hurt! plus it beats the 100 threads about how the majority of albion players are *****.

and yer no 5fg on stick french rvr plx :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Another round of clusters is inevitable unless GOA have a marketing strategy for the game.

WoW opened up the mmorpg market to millions of new players, it's not rocket science to figure out how a few well-placed adverts and trials will be sufficient to kick-start the game again.

cmr

Banned
Another round of clusters is inevitable unless GOA have a marketing strategy for the game.

WoW opened up the mmorpg market to millions of new players, it's not rocket science to figure out how a few well-placed adverts and trials will be sufficient to kick-start the game again.

Problem is in business terms its a gamble putting money into an old game, if it does not take off then they have invested money with nothing to show. This wouldnt please the guys at the top looking at the numbers and i imagine it would be like the scene in top gun "I WANT SOME BUTTS!"

Old games also dont appeal as much as shiney new ones and all the new people starting having to level from new and make there own way without buff bots, pl bots, focus pulling ml9 pets ect could go wrong. Also would take a while for these people to transition into RvR and start to be competative with the added frustration of fighting high RR players using sly tactics such as DI bots. If theres mud in the water, pouring more water in wont make the mud go away, only be less visible :p what kind of crap analogy was that? i dont know im tired!

But yeh, for one it aint gonna happen, so back to crossing those fingers that we get clustered, and crossing those toes that we dont end up on a server with more assholes :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think more clustering is the answer, heck I didn't even want prydwen and excal clustered.

Firstly the actual active RvR population is just fine as it is, plenty of action for all if you want it.

Secondly, I don't want anymore language barriers then there already is. If I wanted to play with a bunch of people who can't speak english and mostly want to kill me, i'd just step outside my front door and walk around the council estate.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't think more clustering is the answer, heck I didn't even want prydwen and excal clustered.

Firstly the actual active RvR population is just fine as it is, plenty of action for all if you want it.

Secondly, I don't want anymore language barriers then there already is. If I wanted to play with a bunch of people who can't speak english and mostly want to kill me, i'd just step outside my front door and walk around the council estate.

RvR atm is shit, nothing but smarms of albs and acer's, there is no fg rvr left to speak of imo cluster with another server (but not french)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
"fg rvr", made me giggle.

If I can find a group on my own the you sure can with 7 people stuck to you and with speed? I see couple of Alb and Mid groups moving on their own atm.

Rate

One of Freddy's beloved
Move dyvet to some solo US server with rather low pop - tadaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom