Would it be possible.....

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
To have a grace period, so people can create toons on different realms within the same cluster?

I was away from the game while the cluster was created, and i was sure i had some toons in Hib/pry

but alas, i was mistaken and am now stuck in Alb. I dont want to go to classic, or PvP and dont much like playing on german or french servers.

Can anyone from GOA let me know if this is a remote possibility?

Thanks

Cared

Fledgling Freddie
If you dont already have toons on 2 different realms on cluster server, then no.
Only choice is to delete all chars on both server and start from nothing.:eek6:
edit: unless goa makes an exception, which I wouldn`t trust

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
unfortunatly not only peeps who already had characters on multiple realms before the cluster were able to change realms (with a 1 hour down time inbetween)

Your best bet is to try out the classic ruleset which is basically NO toa and NO buffbots. (well buffbots are there but not as handy)

if you really felt the need to change realms then you should play on glast to see if you like the realm then make the change on the cluster.

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice to have but I don't see it happening. Only chance I think is if they brought a new expansion with new races/classes etc :eek:

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I got the game a few weeks ago. I got friends playing on alb/exc and mid/pry, because of these cluster rules I can't play with both.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
This problem is probably the main reason I voted against clustering. I have a friend in work who is just starting to play DAOC, and he now only has the choice of one realm. Which really sucks.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
It's sad, however i think it's worth it.

Why?
The low low population on both pryd and excal... At least now there is somewhat more life (imagine unclustered and now with classic server up, would be almost as bad popu as camlan oO ).

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
It's sad, however i think it's worth it.

Why?
The low low population on both pryd and excal... At least now there is somewhat more life (imagine unclustered and now with classic server up, would be almost as bad popu as camlan oO ).

but thats not really the issue, i (and probably other like me) wouldnt be going away from the server, just another realm - the population shouldnt drop

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Ye i know. I just meant thats the "price" Goa/Mythic take for clustering...

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Would of been fine if they had let people roll chars both on pyrd and excal even after cluster. I'm actually unsure why they put the coding restriction on there in the first place as people who wanted to x-realm would do so anyway.
It's a fairly big kick in the teeth to new players, maybe if enough people requested it GOA would look at changing the code to allow it, but they won't go to the effort for 2 or 3 people.

Maybe they could even do it through rightnow.. if you delete all your pryd chars GOA could create a random level 1 char on the realm you wished to move to. I doubt the extra work would be that great (if it was possible for them to do it by prodding the database) as the number of people moving probably wouldn't be that large, after the first few days the service was available anyway.

Your best bet is to just buy another account and close your first one to try the new realm. The actual price of the game isn't that much, although it's probably different if your a studenty type.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
wtf....so if ur new to the game u cant play hib/excal an mid/pry for example?? u have to be hib/excal an hib/pry??

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
wtf....so if ur new to the game u cant play hib/excal an mid/pry for example?? u have to be hib/excal an hib/pry??

For someone who thinks mythic pays no attention to it's customers, you certainly don't appear to be paying much attention yourself.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
fs...lol ok i wasnt aware of that...shame on me. like my last post in the thread your refering to states this is typical...cant ask a question or state an opinion without people being general wankers about it on here...makes me wonder if people get off on it tbh....

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
fs...lol ok i wasnt aware of that...shame on me. like my last post in the thread your refering to states this is typical...cant ask a question or state an opinion without people being general wankers about it on here...makes me wonder if people get off on it tbh....

Like how you seem to get off on whining about things?

Yeah probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom