Would be cool if we could...

C

Cami

No idea why, but i suddently just got an urgent need to play Settlers...

N

Nonnier

settlers rule!!

and fishing in DAOC may be a new feature in the next expansion pack :)

would be cool if u have to fight em to death :)

S

Solid

this stemmed from your ability to crafta fishing pole in SWG and forage worm bait?

aint tried fishing myself yet tho i hear its a kind of subgame in SWG.

Z

Zebolt

hmm...

Fishing?

Next thing we know DAoC is gonna be the new RuneScape >_<

B

Big-G-

i was GM fishing in UO
cant remember my reasoning for doin git other than sheer boredom, but turned out to be quite fun :>
never played settlers tho, does that make me deprived? :eek:

G

Glacier

Daoc fishing:

Tie a luri to a rope, throw it off AMG Emain, pull it back up and see 6 buffed-to-the-teeth sb's stuck to it! now thats what i call fishing!:eek7:

D

Damon_D

well apart for the treasure they put in later..the fishing skill in UO had one function..to rais your stats heheh..dont know how many hour's I spent at brit bank fishing and spiritspeaking to rais stat's but its LOADS hehe...was great fun for the short period where we could catch sea-serpents there thou hehe..still remember the first time... targets water..BIG roar..WTF..fireball fireball..DEAD me..wtf again hehehe..then it started to random nuke peopel, and the guards didnt care hehe..think it managed to kill quit a few lowbe's raising stats at the bank before some high lvl's whooped it :clap: :clap: What I dont miss is all the wasted hours getting to gm with no reward what so ever...FFS even 8x8'ing magery or vet was less borring

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Glacier
Daoc fishing:

Tie a luri to a rope, throw it off AMG Emain, pull it back up and see 6 buffed-to-the-teeth sb's stuck to it! now thats what i call fishing!:eek7:

Lol smooth :great:

O

old.Spug

I disagree :) Fishing had a great role in UO... its what you did whilst sailing the seas looking for macro'ers to kill and steal their boats...

T

The Real Redi

and fishing in DAOC may be a new feature in the next expansion pack

see, i have noticed a pattern developing now. I didnt play, and doubt i ever will play, UO, but from what ive read, it appears DAoC is slowly becoming a pretty version of UO.

What with the new Housing coming, and the obvious chance of implementing fishing in ToA :eek: , the growing trend for bots etc, the lack of any action whatsoever on GoAs part when it comes to Radar and add-on users...

i could be wrong, but i'm guessing that by the time the RvR patch is released, you know, that patch that had looked to be the remedy for the rapidly growing apathy towards the game, the poeple it was intended for will be long gone, and we'd be lucky to have >1000 at peak times.

Sadly, Mythic have joined the bandwagon of seeing the headlights of the new generation of MMORPGS, and decided to thrash as much cash from the players as possible before its demise through lack of effort/new content. But by then, we'll probably have DAoC II and all our hard work will be for nish anyways...

god im in a miserable mood this morning... :(

R

Roalith

Daoc fishing:

Sorry, that had me giggling for a whole minute :D

S

snoz

Originally posted by Big-G-
i was GM fishing in UO
cant remember my reasoning for doin git other than sheer boredom, but turned out to be quite fun :>
never played settlers tho, does that make me deprived? :eek:

I had gm fishing too :) was cool fishing up them sea serpants and getting treasure maps ^^ or chests

S

snoz

Have more penalty for death.

Like in UO if you died and released you left your corpse with all ur uber items on it. If you did not get back in 15 minutes ur corpse would rott and anyone could loot it ;)

I remember losing some amazing silver swords and stuff ... and yes while i was seriously pissed off .. it added alot to the excitement of PVE and made risk vs reward alot more.

Doubt it would really fit into daoc though .. as we as a realm are meant to work together not grave rob people ;)

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Spug
I disagree :) Fishing had a great role in UO... its what you did whilst sailing the seas looking for macro'ers to kill and steal their boats...

Killing macroer's where allways fun..no matter if you energy vortex'd em to death on a boat , or meteor swarmed em to death in a house :clap:

P

planky

Daoc fishing:

Hahaha! :clap: :clap: :clap:

J

Jaem

Daoc fishing:

lol :D

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by snoz
Have more penalty for death.

Like in UO if you died and released you left your corpse with all ur uber items on it. If you did not get back in 15 minutes ur corpse would rott and anyone could loot it ;)

Ermm did you play UO in the first year? EVERYONE could loot you after the moment you died, was quite fun actually, to see all noobs in view swarm to a corpse and take everything off and leave a naked body behind with a ghost next to it saying Ooo ooOo ooO Ooo OooOo ooOooOo (translated with spirit speak "you #$% %#@%ing mother $#%^ing #$%#$ leave my stuff or im gonna hack all your account bunch of $%#$")

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
Ermm did you play UO in the first year? EVERYONE could loot you after the moment you died, was quite fun actually, to see all noobs in view swarm to a corpse and take everything off and leave a naked body behind with a ghost next to it saying Ooo ooOo ooO Ooo OooOo ooOooOo (translated with spirit speak "you #$% %#@%ing mother $#%^ing #$%#$ leave my stuff or im gonna hack all your account bunch of $%#$")

lol :D

D

Damon_D

Heheh yeah but the realy realy fun part was killing yaself , and that way staying blue ( non criminal ) and all the noob's would swarm your body..and go grey ( criminal ) that way all ya friends standing by could gank them without getting a murder count :clap:

D

dylan32

LOL!
Didn't have that when I was playing UO. I still lost some kit though, and yes, it made PVE much more hazardous.

'Legend of mir' had a similar system, but you could still talk when you were a corpse. Again, loads of fun watching the noobs rush in and loot a corpse while the guy goes bananas! =D

S

snoz

rofl nah i was quite late to UO :) when trammel was there etc

K

Kahland

would wonder how daoc would be if you had to eat to survive, cafées etc. :D

I vote for Burger king in apk

O

old.Morchaoron

McBolg Employee: Can i have your order please?
Firbolg: 20 BigMacs for me and a happy meal for the lurrie please

K

korax_

Daoc fishing:

LOL!

S

sharpbits

Re: hmm...

Originally posted by Zebolt
Fishing?

Next thing we know DAoC is gonna be the new RuneScape >_<

OMFG i used to play runescape it fukin sucks... but i did get up to level 85 :rolleyes:

H

hrodelbert

if it's half as good as the fishing in zelda i'm in full agreement :)

H

hrodelbert

i'm banned from irc till i secure my open ports :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom