Would a little more control for transfers be better?

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm looking at all the transfers destination servers and if I'm honest I'm not liking what I see. A whole origin server can choose to go to one destination server, a whole realm can choose to go to another destination server the reason I don't like it is, it's imbalancing the destination servers.

So should GOA have more control on how many can transfer to a destination server? They can make the destination servers more balanced by doing this. It may split guilds from other guilds, but thats a hazard of the transfer process anyway.

Basically what I'm saying is, if D has more population on X server only O can transfer to that server until population is balanced and visa versa.

Thoughts?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I'm looking at all the transfers destination servers and if I'm honest I'm not liking what I see. A whole origin server can choose to go to one destination server, a whole realm can choose to go to another destination server the reason I don't like it is, it's imbalancing the destination servers.

So should GOA have more control on how many can transfer to a destination server? They can make the destination servers more balanced by doing this. It may split guilds from other guilds, but thats a hazard of the transfer process anyway.

Basically what I'm saying is, if D has more population on X server only O can transfer to that server until population is balanced and visa versa.

Thoughts?

This has been batted around since they first announced server transfers and the honest answer at this moment is there is simply no control whatsoever afaik.

Potentially, the Hirn population, ALL order could have moved to 8peaks and ALL destro to Norn screwing up both servers in the process.

Thankfully, common sense has prevailed and most destro and order guilds/alliances from Hirn have met and agreed to move to the same server to prevent this exact thing happening.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
How would people feel if they allowed transfers to different servers, but also gave you the option of switching your character to the other sides mirror class. BW into Sorc for example. Maybe it would be a bit free-shardy, idk.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Heya!
There is very real merit to your suggestion Nate. However, I think the current way of doing transfers is better as it is the least intrusive way of handling this whole thing. Further however, we've seen from previous transfers friends as well as foes talk with oneanother and decide where to move en masse. This has now happened also with Hirn, and I'm delighted to see it go through.

Sure, if all Order of Hirn would transfer to Karak Eight Peaks, it would be disastrous. We were obviously aware of this, but I was frankly never really worried that it would happen. Instead, we've seen some powerful Destro guilds from Dragonback moving there.

I can say with absolute certainty that there will never be career mirror-swaps. It goes against every fibre of what a subscription based MMORPG is about. If one want to go about realm balancing in radical ways, there are certainly more effective and viable methods of doing so, such as guild transfers.

:cheers:
Magnus

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Heya!
There is very real merit to your suggestion Nate. However, I think the current way of doing transfers is better as it is the least intrusive way of handling this whole thing. Further however, we've seen from previous transfers friends as well as foes talk with oneanother and decide where to move en masse. This has now happened also with Hirn, and I'm delighted to see it go through.

Sure, if all Order of Hirn would transfer to Karak Eight Peaks, it would be disastrous. We were obviously aware of this, but I was frankly never really worried that it would happen. Instead, we've seen some powerful Destro guilds from Dragonback moving there.

I can say with absolute certainty that there will never be career mirror-swaps. It goes against every fibre of what a subscription based MMORPG is about. If one want to go about realm balancing in radical ways, there are certainly more effective and viable methods of doing so, such as guild transfers.

:cheers:
Magnus

I'm not so much concerned about faction balance, I'm more concerned with the latency issues that the huge influx of players has brought, I had my first ctd in months huge delay in between using skills and skills going off and disconnections.

I don't know if it's the latest client or whether its the increased numbers (maybe you can shed some light on that?) but it seems to be the numbers, if the server or the client can't handle the kind of numbers we have why allow that many to transfer without any upper limit?

Also I feel the timing was poor what with 1.2 changes and the choppa and slayer coming soon I think a lot of past players may return which may have made some of the transfers unnecessary?

Now also consider those returning players now coming back to mass disconnects laggy and frustrating gameplay mostly affecting end game forts etc and realise this was one of the main reasons they left in the first place, what are the chances of retaining those returning past the initial month?

Sorry but IMO the timing and having no upper limit or faction limit on transfers is not good practice and has impacted on peoples gaming experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom