wou wou.. jewelcrafting not for at least 10 months+ on EU

T

Tiarta

Q: I was wondering why the following item was not usable by the savage
class: Agmundr's Foe Slayer. Savages can spec themselves in Sword so why they cannot use this sword drop from Tuscaran Glacier. Stats are not class specific. They are general stats. I consider this as a bug. How can I report this to Mythic developers? Thanks for any help you can offer me!

A: Well, you found the best way to report this to Mythic developers :) But it's not a bug, it's a design choice. That weapon is very fast for a two hander, and savages have a number of innate haste boosters. It would be somewhat overpowering in the hands of a savage.

:uhoh: Savages overpowered, never thought i would hear that :eek7:

O

old.Lythande

Maybe you should actually read what she's saying then. And not to mention that she's saying that the Foeslayer is a very fast 2h-weapon..

W

Whisperess

Which is teh funnay, since it's the slowest 2hander in mid unless you count Mourning Rage ( which you don't, 'cause it's a lvl 24 weap ).

Guessing she meant that it was a very -slow- 2hander, and it was just a typo on her behalf.

O

old.Lythande

Of course, just trying to show how much you can trust in Sanya's "statements".

G

Gahldir

hope they have understod what SC did to the game and never let jewelcrafting become a tradeskill with stuff in.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Gahldir
hope they have understod what SC did to the game and never let jewelcrafting become a tradeskill with stuff in.

agreed.

D

Draylor

Jewelcraft would finally destroy the last remaining point in drop hunting.

The number of classes that cant cap everything with very cheap items and quested jewellery is already tiny - this would just reduce it to 0.

Hopefully it never gets implemented. It would be alot of work for very little gain so I cant see it being a priority for Mythic any time soon.

F

-fwapp-

yeah it'd turn all non-rvr areas into exp and money farming only, making several areas totaly empty

S

samildanachh

they shuld really make sidi stuff etc 90 util + tbh
and make sc non OC.

A

Archeon

If they found a good way to limit it i'd go for Jewelcrafting. E.g. you can only use 6 pieces of player made stuff on a character (6 armour pieces, or 6 jewels, or 4 armour and 2 jewels) Might be a good way, but if you agree'd it would remove most, if not all point in farming (SI epics might still be farmed for tints though)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Archeon
(SI epics might still be farmed for tints though)

Until they give us better crafted ones - 'cuz 'player crafted stuff is always the best'.

Wrong approach imo - dropped stuff should be best, but player crafted stuff readily available.

E

ethiraseth

great, that means i won't need to know how it is to never have to hunt for an item and all you have to do is powerlevel yourself to 50 in barrows and zerg in emain (in 10 months i wont be playing daoc anymore for sure).

and please remove spellcrafting or limit it, because it's the crappiest thing mythic has made for daoc (well maybe some RA's are even more stupid).

C

Coim-

Originally posted by ethiraseth
(well maybe RA's are even more stupid).
I don't think RA's are that bad. Otherwise what would be the point in getting high realm rank? ;)

E

ethiraseth

Originally posted by Coim-
I don't think RA's are that bad. Otherwise what would be the point in getting high realm rank? ;)

added "some" in front of "realm abilites", not all are that bad :)

C

Conchabar

in a way i h8 ras and i dont.... i enjoyed not having ras when i was rvring b4 they were implemented but wondered what the point of rvring was apart from getting +1 in ure skills

ras have made the game annoying but more interesting :X

G

Garnet

Originally posted by Draylor
Jewelcraft would finally destroy the last remaining point in drop hunting.

The number of classes that cant cap everything with very cheap items and quested jewellery is already tiny - this would just reduce it to 0.

Hopefully it never gets implemented. It would be alot of work for very little gain so I cant see it being a priority for Mythic any time soon.

What he said

A

Archeon

added "some" in front of "realm abilites", not all are that bad :)

<points out that IP is a more powerful healing spell than the level 42 mend spec Instant heal>

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Gahldir
100% agreed. SC very nearly killed PvEing for fun new drops, and only the ROG system has gone some way to restoring that.
Limit SCing to non-OC, and get rid of all buffbots...make the game lots better, right there.

S

StormriderX

Removing the ability to overcharge items would make sc'ing more 'reasonable' - would be insanely hard to cap everything with just 32 imbue. Would also mean that drops 'gain value' over player made items without needing to be boosted.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by StormriderX
Removing the ability to overcharge items would make sc'ing more 'reasonable' - would be insanely hard to cap everything with just 32 imbue. Would also mean that drops 'gain value' over player made items without needing to be boosted.
Agreed. Overcharge is just silly; maybe then we'll see some indirect caster love since people can't afford to cap all the resists :)

( can't say I'm not happily abusing overcharge atm though :D )

O

old.yaruar

great, that means i won't need to know how it is to never have to hunt for an item and all you have to do is powerlevel yourself to 50 in barrows and zerg in emain (in 10 months i wont be playing daoc anymore for sure).

and please remove spellcrafting or limit it, because it's the crappiest thing mythic has made for daoc (well maybe some RA's are even more stupid).

I still liked the origonal concept for crafting they had. Crafters could make bog standard stuff with store bought items, but for the best weapons/magic items they would have to go on a quest for the items. You could have it so that all decent crafted items at all levels needed an appropriate drop off a mob which is difficult to find. This would encourage people of all levels to pve and actually work for their crafted items.

C

Conchabar

yer i agree scing is ghay but at least its allowing the ppl that rnt as lucky to be able to get dragon/sidi etc items the chance to cap there stats.. in away im very annoyed with scing but i understand y it has been done.. they have in a way stoped the uber ppl from becoming more uber.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Conchabar
yer i agree scing is ghay but at least its allowing the ppl that rnt as lucky to be able to get dragon/sidi etc items the chance to cap there stats.. in away im very annoyed with scing but i understand y it has been done.. they have in a way stoped the uber ppl from becoming more uber.

Personally I think the game would be more interesting if it wasn't actually possible to cap all the stats so people would have to trade some off for others thus leading to a more interesting game as people would have to develop personal strategies for stats.

If people had to chose which stats or resists to cap it would lead to a more interesting endgame setup imho.

I

i-scream

So Mythic promised it for 2002 and we're getting it in 2004 (maybe)...

Nice promise.

R

Ravenbourne

I was working on a new SC suit for my hero last night i Capped everything resists, stats and +10 to skills, i then realised i had not put anything on my boots. SC over charge is stupid.

E

ethiraseth

Originally posted by Archeon
<points out that IP is a more powerful healing spell than the level 42 mend spec Instant heal>

Ip is an example of a terrible RA that makes no sense

RA's that are imo fine are things like aug dex or longwind and so, abilities that give you a small advantage but not as big as IP or purge or determination give you

E

ethiraseth

Originally posted by old.yaruar
Personally I think the game would be more interesting if it wasn't actually possible to cap all the stats so people would have to trade some off for others thus leading to a more interesting game as people would have to develop personal strategies for stats.

If people had to chose which stats or resists to cap it would lead to a more interesting endgame setup imho.

it also makes the game more fun for casters because they don't have to face players with everything maxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom