Worth it to start playing?

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Dear ladies and gents,

I tried Warhammer at start but due to rl issues I had to quit (nerf work).
I would like to start playing again but due to the rather extensive list of complaints I would like some feedback on the state of the game. My biggest concern is the population on the servers? Are there enough players (and low level alts) left to do the Public Quests etc?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Martin

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Get on K8P and yeh its pretty well populated. There were some server consolidations a while back which means a few core servers have most of the population now.

The game is much much better now than at release, and continues to get better with every patch (except the lag problem they seem to raise from the dead whenever they patch anything).

Give it a try imo. Theres lots of people very happy with the game, and these tend to be the less vocal ones, but on the flipside, there a some that are unhappy who raise very valid points. The endgame kind of sucks right now, which will hopefully be remedied in later patches. But the ride up to t4 is very fun, and there is a lot of fun to be had running around in small guild warbands and groups, rather than following teh zerg.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Save yourself the pain, go and play US servers don`t bother with EU

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Even tho i'm quitting myself i agree with Pikeh.
The game gone a long road since release and the T1-2-3 are fun.
T4 and End game is another pair of sockets altho, but you can have fun till then at least and hope Mythic gets outta the Hat the proverbial rabbit :p
Ofc the lag is terrible across all tiers mind ya ^^

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Save yourself the pain, go and play US servers don`t bother with EU

Erm maybe get your facts straight yeh?

US servers are having the same lag problems as us, and GOA's service has been a lot better than people make out. We have been chucked several free days worth of play for even the slightest bit of inconvienient downtime, and the patches have been applied literally hours after US have been patched.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

US servers are having the same lag problems as us, and GOA's service has been a lot better than people make out. We have been chucked several free days worth of play for even the slightest bit of inconvienient downtime, and the patches have been applied literally hours after US have been patched.

I won't comment on the Service cause it got up and downs (atm getting a Csr to answer ya is an herculean effort for example and they can't do pretty much nothing at all) but did they really handed out free days? My sub runs out the same exact day since last renew :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I won't comment on the Service cause it got up and downs (atm getting a Csr to answer ya is an herculean effort for example and they can't do pretty much nothing at all) but did they really handed out free days? My sub runs out the same exact day since last renew :p

Yes, the last one we got handed was when the servers went down at 19:00 for half an hour.

Case

Fledgling Freddie

I didn`t give any facts nor did I say anything about compensation what I said was save yourself the pain and go US instead. Looka t DAoC, EU died a death years ago yet US is still alive and kicking, save yourself time and effort later and cut out the middle man is all i'm saying

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yes, the last one we got handed was when the servers went down at 19:00 for half an hour.

Ah ye prolly, as usual, they gave it to whom were on line that day ^^

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

the english speaking servers died because to many advocated the "no add" rule and flamed ppl to death coupled with GOA's way to long fix on the naked characters issues.

so you cant compare that to whats going on in WAR because its exactly the same on the US servers as it is on EU servers.

so he wouldn't be better off there then here.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
the english speaking servers died because to many advocated the "no add" rule and flamed ppl to death coupled with GOA's way to long fix on the naked characters issues.

so you cant compare that to whats going on in WAR because its exactly the same on the US servers as it is on EU servers.

Dude wtf you on about? I didn't speak about Daoc, it's War CSRs that atm are lackluster at best. Nor i did pointed any1 to go Usa.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

Argh! Don't bring that up ... I still have cold sweats about it now. I was playing DAoC on a USA account by then and having to sit around waiting for people to play chess and do all sorts of mad shit at 4am UK time quickly wore out my patience for the game (again).

Shike

Can't get enough of FH

Are you serious? :) Do you _really_ believe DAoC in EU died out because of a small minority of the players that was abit more vocal than others on Freddyshouse? C'mon man, I've thought of you to be alil bit more clever than that :fluffle:

/trolling off

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Are you serious? :) Do you _really_ believe DAoC in EU died out because of a small minority of the players that was abit more vocal than others on Freddyshouse?

we have teh power...:worthy:

:m00:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

No, not really.

The vocal minority you are referring too who believed everyone should play by their own personal ruleset were never taken seriously and ridiculed by 99% of the population, they were a standing joke ("Oh look, the kiddies are throwing their toys out the pram again" etc etc), and i doubt anyone actually quit because of those munchkins.

Also, this same attitude was present in the US, it wasn't limited to EU.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Bullshit.

They died because people didn't want to play DAOC anymore...
That was one of my reasons, and another was the no add or get flamed, another was the lag etc. etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom