Worth coming back?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi guys/girls!
Just wondered if its worth coming back to DAoC?
Is the population still dieing? or are people coming back to DAoC from WoW?
Also just wondered how the new cata classes are holding? I would assume they are owning most old classes? :mad:
Are there any stealthers still out there to fight and is there any chance of meeting soloers? lol
I must admit, ive been playing WoW for a while now and ive just started to PvP abit but its no comparasin to DAoC! In DAoC if i got jumped i was buzzing on the edge of my seat! Theres none of that in WoW!
Anyway for those who are still playing, good luck and i hope DAoC gets better!
Maybe see you soon.
Regards Blitz.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
imo it is , although catacombs doesnt bring too much new stuff into daoc its a nice change and could be nice to level up some of the new classes. Server was dying a while ago but seemed like population has been rising steadily now for some time , resulting in much more action in rvr. Has been very much action in frontier, even zergy at times. The new catacomb classes , well .. they are a bit .. extreme , especially warlocks will be seeing a nerf soon as they are overpowered at their current state, heretics seems like an ok class and vampiirs are interesting.

Definetly worth a comback :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Right, heretic is fine, as long as you don't leave em alone for more than 5-10sec. Thats when their focus dd starts hitting for 800 and 1000 and 1400 and so on. =)

Vampiir is well can't say much about those yet. They are evil thats for sure. And Banshees could have been given to mid instead of warlocks imo.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
At the moment, the RVR is really picking up ... tbh tonight has been one of the busiest evening I can remember in a long time ...

There are some nice thingings coming along in the pipline.

So all in all things are good. But thats what I normally say when I have a good evening ... ask me when I have got a kicking then its all doom and gloom :)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
There were evenings, lately, that alone were well worth the monthly fee. After the massive exodus post NF and post WoW there has been a good effort to organize some fun by all realms, now with (hopefully) clustering incoming things can only get better even if a little zergy ... but I think many, after seeing what happens when zergs stop running, will prefere that to the nothingness that was before.

Except the new classes balance, Catacombs had no effect on rvr and made lowbie experience much more enjoyable, enough for many to call it the best expansion since Classic. New classes are obviously a bit out of whack, with only the Heretic being really balanced, but nothing game wrecking, I'd expect more minor adjustments made to warlocks, vampiirs and bainshees from one side, and valkyries from another, after 1.75.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Blizard said:
Hi guys/girls!
Hell yeah!

Hell No! Oh yes!

Also just wondered how the new cata classes are holding? I would assume they are owning most old classes? :mad:
Hell yeah! :)

Are there any stealthers still out there to fight and is there any chance of meeting soloers? lol
Sometimes, just don't think you will be solo at Brynja Bridge....

I must admit, ive been playing WoW for a while now and ive just started to PvP abit but its no comparasin to DAoC!
Told you all along guys!

In DAoC if i got jumped i was buzzing on the edge of my seat! Theres none of that in WoW!
I wouldn't know...never set my foot in WoW...

Maybe see you soon.
Regards Blitz.
See ya!

:twak: :twak: Comeone back!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Erm no, u are only enemy i recognise on Spinebreaker lol ^^

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hehe Gahn, We still havent met as yet ;)
I promise i wont kill you straight away! Ill dance for you 1st then blow a friendly kiss! :cheers:
Btw... Aim and Tip are playing along side me on Spinebreaker :wij:
Gona be fun when we hit 60 i reckon but still dont think its a match on DAoC's PvP system!
Regards Blitz.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Worth playing if you like Hibs camping bridge towers at all times of the day

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Worth playing if you like Hibs camping bridge towers at all times of the day

No point mate, hibs are ruining the game for everyone else. Albs are having the shit beaten out of them and mids............. well imo their doing pretty damn good in roaming RvR.

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
Come back and drag aim and tip with u....

NOW

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Reopened EU acc and played solo a few hours last night.

Hi lets camp 50 albs 2fg hibs 4fg mids and a bucketload of mostly mid stealthers at Beno Bridge.

Everything else was completely dead. even Brynja bridge.

Thats hopefully not the case every night

but before I logged I got rolled by Maelstrom at beno bridge. and when they decide to go bridges I guess thats where ppl decided where the nights rvr is gonna be ;)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Reopened EU acc and played solo a few hours last night.

If find there is no point soloing or even running small group/non opted group during prime time anymore ... it's great fun during the day as you get other solo'ers and small groups but primetime I've seen 4 fg "non opted" people die to a single opted group ... more then once.

And welcome back chimp! omg not like I always said you'd be back ^^

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
hehe im not back mate. Us servers where down Iw as bored and wanted to chat and check things out on EU.

first thing I notice was delay when porting and have huge lag in frontiers. play all my chars for a few runs. got owned mostly killed a Sb I think. ended being rolled by Maelstrom and logged.

Prolly havin sum m8 playing it for fun orsomething (amigoed forbidden !!!1)

Lancelot is great rvr fun. 8v8 is totally awesome. Not to mention that most respectful and good guild grps dont assjam aka add on fights. even if your a hib and see alb/mid fight ongoing respectful grps just turn.

Also we found a mid guild we love to fight its can never be predicted what to happen. I would say they are a bit better than us. then again alb has no relics they got tons played a bit longer together and got higher RR:

Justicators guild Arctic Darkness. love to fight em aswell.

first fight: they insta us in 30 seconds. we remeet this time we insta kill the im 30 seconds. next fight long as hell anything goes. Cant predict what happens when we meet em except we think its great having a respectful guild to have great 8v8 with.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well its better than before...

Blizard said:
Hi guys/girls!
I must admit, ive been playing WoW for a while now and ive just started to PvP abit but its no comparasin to DAoC! In DAoC if i got jumped i was buzzing on the edge of my seat! Theres none of that in WoW!
Maybe see you soon.
Regards Blitz.

Well if you really wanna come back coooome! Alb needs yea!:) Basically its what you make of it at the moment. Hib is controlling basic rvr but with decent resistance from mid/alb atm. There are some nice stealth fighting if you find your way to the spots where you can get soloaction but alot of adding at most other spots ofc. Group vs group is in my opinion better at prydwen than most other severs and alot less zerging than on some servers. (Depending if you like grp vs grp or not you judge if that is good).

Well basically I would say that prydwen is the server to bo atm and if we get the clustering its gonna matter little which server you belong too you gonna get some major action on both of them!:) (OR the one if thats what you might call it:)

/charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom