worth coming back?

B

bylin

Hello all,

After 12 months and about 4 other games just can't find anything as fun as DAOC was. Is it worth coming back or would I be the only player under level 50 around?

V

valcyr

There are loads of people uder 50, and yeah defo worth comming back :)

There are pretty few people under 20 though, but its not really a problem to get over 20 anyways.

T

Tenko

Have you tried any other mmorpg's out at the moment?

SWG and FF online to be precise.

I'd comeback onnly if I had and I didnt like them.

B

bylin

thanks for replies. Whats happening after Christmas, Yuffy?

Hello Tenko,

Yep tried both (complete whore thanks to DAOC). SWG is still way too buggy for me and random rule changes (such as dropping in armour attrition and pinching my pet in one update). FF is great but relies on grouping past level 15 and I can often only play for one or two hours at a time quite late at night so thats a no go (real shame).

N

-Nxs-

Not worth it.

Looked in on my brothers account a few days ago.

Main towns are even more deserted now with housing patch, TOA ads even more exp grind and 'uberness' for players to fight over. DAOC is/was still the best combined PvE/PvP game, but its had its day now :)

C

Cloudd_RTD

Of course it's worth it. Don't listen to those other bitter forumites...
IMO, with the new updates etc, DAoC refreshes itself all the time. I like that.
I'll be playing for years and years, and I will play untill...! Untill....
Untill Ragnarok! Yeah!

You should come back, or your a jerk. ^^

Come baack...

Come baaaaack......

Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack......!

etc.

K

klavrynd

it's as lame as it was before, only worse because all the oldtimers left

C

cHodAX

Not worth it bud, massive time sink that becomes buggier and more unbalanced with every patch.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by cHodAX
Not worth it bud, massive time sink that becomes buggier and more unbalanced with every patch.

I saw your post cHod, in another thread about how with every patch the game mechanics get better but the balance gets ignored, and really agree here, ToA is really going to screw the game up for those who cant afford a buffbot and the time to reach mater levels, so much for a "horizontal" plan

If you can spare the time (and the cash) then I sitll feel DAOC is the best mmorpg around at the mo, personaly if i did come back it would be to the USA servers.

C

Cloudd_RTD

I think Chodax just needs a hug.
Did the big bad Savage man kill you? Awww... Poor thing...
Jerk.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Cloudd_RTD
I think Chodax just needs a hug.
Did the big bad Savage man kill you? Awww... Poor thing...
Jerk.

Errr Ok, no idea what I did to deserve the 'Jerk' bit though. A buffed/spellcrafted Mincer shouldn't die to any class solo in under 2 seconds surely?

C

Cloudd_RTD

A mincer is'nt a solo class chodax. They are for playing songs. They ar enothing but jesters. They should die fast.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Cloudd_RTD
A mincer is'nt a solo class chodax. They are for playing songs. They ar enothing but jesters. They should die fast.

Err ok, seems you got out the wrong side of the bed this year. Let's hope 2004 is a new start for you :p

C

Cloudd_RTD

I disagree. As a minstrel is a... Bard type of class, they should go down just as quick!

Fly my pretties, FLY!

C

cHodAX

Mincers can't heal and don't get ae insta mezz, I would gladly swap the ablative chant for those :p

E

Eyeinthedark

worth coming back, after a long break i took a 3 month break u play more relaxed and enjoy the game more : ) also nice to c old friends again

C

Colin Bass

Worth comming back no.. Its old and Finished.

D

del_eneste

No id say its not worth coming back. This is just a personal opinion but buffbots have ruined the game for soloer's and everything now days is about high RR and being a certain class for rvr grps etc. Getting to picky

C

Cloudd_RTD

Whine whine whine... The old players left, what are we going to do.. Boo hoo. I'm sick of that.
DAoC is still very much fun, except for the fools that can't manage to play the game. The people who are just to BAD to actually have their hands on a computer. Those people will tell you "No! We can't do it, and we cry and stuff. So you can't do it!" But don't worry about those kids! Do it for yourself! Do it for all those sick children out there! Heck, do it for G O A !!!

C

Colin Bass

Good point Cloudd_RTD Though i still think its fucked tbh ..
Infact its that bad id rather play Wonderboy on the Megardrive than DAoC good game for people that havnt Played for 2 years +.

C

Colin Bass

o before some leet roxxer i am god starts posting and cant get out of his mezzed RR10 Wheelchair about how great this game is think before you drink before you drive imo ....only people that play DAOC for any length anymore are players that have a GREAT wtfpwn Guild or have tooo much time or have no life lets face it its a crap Drug if i wanted the same buzz i would try and kill myself sniffing hair spray ..

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Colin Bass
o before some leet roxxer i am god homo starts posting and cant get out of his mezzed RR10 Wheelchair about how great this game is think before you drink before you drive imo ....only people that play DAOC for any length anymore are players that have a GREAT wtfpwn Guild or have tooo much time or have no life lets face it its a crap Drug if i wanted the same buzz i would try and kill myself sniffing hair spray ..

So you dont play the game but you keep posting here, and you are saying other people dont have a life? : ) lol ,, lol!

why keep whining when u left the game, just leave! when i quit daoc i didnt post anything here just started when i started playing daoc again.

If you think daoc is like a drug then you are one weak willed individual, stay away from alcohol! ,, or even coffee for that matter u may get hooked...

great wtfpwn guild? seams its only you yourself who wants to wtfpwn, no one is forcing you to act like a l337, so dont whine if you cant be one.

I play daoc when i have time, i dont feel its necessary for me to wtfpwn as you put it and i still enjoy the game, if other people want to wtfpwn! then they will play against other players who want to wtfpwn! so no harm done! and if you expect a game lol to give you a buzz then your one sad person..

ITS JUST A GAME FFS !!!!!!!!

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Danya
No, it's not worth it.

agreed...

I installed the game again today (oops), played for a few hours and deleted it right after...I saw that it became even worser than it was when I left...Now I'm sure I will never install the game again...And my subs run out today.

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
So you dont play the game but you keep posting here, and you are saying other people dont have a life? : ) lol ,, lol!

why keep whining when u left the game, just leave! when i quit daoc i didnt post anything here just started when i started playing daoc again.

If you think daoc is like a drug then you are one weak willed individual, stay away from alcohol! ,, or even coffee for that matter u may get hooked...

great wtfpwn guild? seams its only you yourself who wants to wtfpwn, no one is forcing you to act like a l337, so dont whine if you cant be one.

I play daoc when i have time, i dont feel its necessary for me to wtfpwn as you put it and i still enjoy the game, if other people want to wtfpwn! then they will play against other players who want to wtfpwn! so no harm done! and if you expect a game lol to give you a buzz then your one sad person..

ITS JUST A GAME FFS !!!!!!!!

I totally agree on this one. Well put!

For those that are fed up with DaoC, move on and stop whining about how bad the game is and all. I'm sure it kept you busy for quite a while so don't blame the fact you are just simply bored/fed up with the game to the game itself.

And for bylin; just give it a try. Posting here won't give you an answer (as you probably see by now) so the best you can do is give it a try and explore all the new features/lands/dungeons etc. After that judge for yourself :)

Users who are viewing this thread