worth coming back??

G

Gravity

Hi there

I used to play daoc back on its euro release, back when they actually had their own forum. Just wondering if it's worth coming back, i've been playing neocron (too many pk kiddies) and ac2 (not much going on) and was wondering if there has been any significant changes. I know shrouded isles is out soon but I was also wondering if anyone knows whether or not you get a free month included in the cost of it as well.

Have things like the billing issues been rectified now or has some other major problem arisen in my time away?

Grav

L

-Lonewolf-

To be honest its all tippety top now and with the arrival of Shrouded Isles next week its gonna be mental to say the least

Only issue recently has been a little lag but thats been resolved swiftly by GOA so yeah well worth it to be honest

M

mavericky

I still highly recommend the game, at least until May when SWG comes out. You still get 1 month free on purchase of the game, and there are few billing problems.

In a couple of weeks it will be a great time to start playing the game as everyone will be leveling new characters as we have more character slots and more classes to choose from. It will mean that grouping should be easier for you

R

Roo Stercogburn

Many of the existing 'bug' type issues such as billing and so forth have been solved, the service is generally good (the occasional blip) and there is a fair amount of new content, even without SI, though to get the best out of the new content, you generally have to have a fairly high level character.

Patching has been like Russian roulette: you never know if your character is going to be enhanced, nerfed or remain unchanged and game balance tips quite a bit from time to time; in fact you can create a char to play a certain way over a long period of time then in a single patch have its gameplay drastically altered. If you are coming back after a long period away and had a particular char, make sure it still plays the way you want it to or you may be better rolling up another char.

Ironically, a good way to check is the 'Whine' threads. Though they are usually exaggerated, they indicate roughly what has happened to various chars over the last year ;)

If you don't have a high speed internet connection, expect to spend a while downloading the updates. I think you're looking at 30MB+.

Worth coming back?

I'd say its worth paying £6 for a month's subs to find out, and decide for yourself :)

O

old.tuppe

http://copland.udel.edu/~trevor/camelot/index.shtml
simply classes of camelot.
here you find usefull information from different classes in all realms.
remember these still go us server, so we maybe lack some what here is.

in eu we are 1.54, at this moment.
if you wanna look changes deeper?
read thru faq:s example from rightnow, or herald.
tryed find some usefull link where is shortly all these, but not lucky.

O

old.amoeba

If you come back make doubly sure what class you like playing, and that that class is not gimped.

Oh and dont go albion :m00:

I

inqy

pop over here and have a read of the recent patches, should bring you up to speed. something to do while you download em all again at least ;)

Patches

We're currently on 1.54 and from Feb 21st (or slightly before?) we'll be moving up to 1.57 :D

E

Euthanasia.

/slaps Soulcatcher.
If you smile ..I'll...[insert something ewul nad befitting]

G

Gravity

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've decided what the hell and signed back up, my lvl10 paladin was still on excalibur so I think i'll play with him for a bit and then when SI comes out start up a new avatar. By the way if any of you do frequent albion(sorry!!) my name there is Aramyr.

Now please excuse me as I listen to the dulcet tones of a pair of russian lesbians :)

D

dk_flint

Originally posted by GRAV{KEA}
as I listen to the dulcet tones of a pair of russian lesbians :)

i heard one of them had a tattoo done on her left cheek ^^

I

inuyasha

hehe

Originally posted by Euthanasia.
/slaps Soulcatcher.
If you smile ..I'll...[insert something ewul nad befitting]

/me looks, completly staggered by Soulcatchers smile

I

inuyasha

oh and...

Daoc rocks like it did from the start =)

Roll albion lyonesse!!
ooooor
not =)

G

Gimly

Originally posted by GRAV{KEA}
Thanks for all the advice guys. I've decided what the hell and signed back up, my lvl10 paladin was still on excalibur so I think i'll play with him for a bit and then when SI comes out start up a new avatar. By the way if any of you do frequent albion(sorry!!) my name there is Aramyr.

Now please excuse me as I listen to the dulcet tones of a pair of russian lesbians :)

Wrong server imo.. but welcome back. :)

Users who are viewing this thread