[QUESTION] worth coming back to play magus

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
well i resubbed after the last patch, but played for about 1 hours before i gave up again :-( have not played since the last new class patch.

Now i play a magus, is it worth while me coming back to play it, at the moment i dont really want to roll a new class and level, i would rather have some fun with my magus first.

The question is, is it fun?

:m00:

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
well i resubbed after the last patch, but played for about 1 hours before i gave up again :-( have not played since the last new class patch.

Now i play a magus, is it worth while me coming back to play it, at the moment i dont really want to roll a new class and level, i would rather have some fun with my magus first.

Don't know if its a fun class but its dots now seem to hurt alot.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
See plenty of Magi out there all the time, they seem to be having fun. Fun is subjective though, what you enjoy may not be the same as another player or another Magus.

In general, for me anyway, just recently, bugs aside, the game is more fun than at release thanks to the orvr changes. It's not perfect, but it is better imo.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
just had a quick play at defending a keep, what can i say open rvr i was disabled most of the time. i didnt have fun, pity think i will wait....

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
General consensus is that Magus is now a very good class to play, but if I were you I wouldn't be paying subs just to play one class.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I haven't tested all the spec lines. The class is much more viable now, but you are unlikely to find many Daemonic spec Magi around. See my previous comments about Chaotic Rift on other threads for details.

From what I've seen around the battlefields, most seem to be going for Havoc, though my preference is Changing.

Perils of the Warp remains a crowd pleaser when you find the odd bright wizard.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Well something has changed as they occasionally top the scenario damage chars now :)

Not the best tool for comparison, I know.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture

I've always found my magus to be fun and, after all the beta testing I did of the caster classes, it's the one I picked for release and I've enjoyed playing it since then.
I'm only level 19 but I still can cope with a couple of even con mobs with the daemons up although Champion mobs are right out of the window :) It's also been fine in scenarios, specially if its a capture the flag or objective based one where you can park up a daemon. Not done a massive amount of open RvR with it since the patches but before that it was always fun in keep takes and defences.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Any destruction guilds on Karak hirm then, teh one i was in broke up when i logged on, and for the life of me cant find any bugger to die against.... where does everyone hide?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
What's your toon's name? Might be able to provide some gainful employment.

Actually, got a very specific job that might interest you.

Muhahahahaha(TM)

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
not to try to hijack the thread but think I'm probly better off posting here than in a new topic.

the reason I got sick of the game originaly was the lack of interaction. I only got one toon up to about level 11 but didnt want to keep playing as the way it was working out I may as well play a single player game. so my question is I'm considering coming back but want to know if the game is more socail now or if I would just end up soloing like last time.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Most of the warbands I've joined there is a reasonable amount of interaction, and there's always some kind of chat happening on regional T4.

I can't speak as to lower levels because I'm not levelling any alts and just now not really interested in such - Magus is too much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom