Worst Cover Ever

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
We all know how it goes. A lesser known band wants to pay tribute/get recognition for there own work so they do a cover of a old song. Seeing as the only thing you have to pay is a small fee to record it, it's alot easier then writing your own song. Saddest thing about this is that people often keep it quite that it's a cover and thus make it out as there own work. To get the ball rolling ill throw in some horrible examples(I will only list songs I think is good in the first place so no Britney):

Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
I wont even comment on this, seeing the utter shittyness these bastards have put out thru the years

Korn - One ( Metallica )
My god, the bass

All Saints - Under the Bridge (Red hot chili peppers)
My ears, my ears

I can name alot more but ill leave some for you guys. Oh and above Metallica are'nt any better since they put out a whole 2 disc album with covers of older bands. Granted most of the songs were great they totally slaughtered others. So name and shame!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I didn't mind lb's cover of behind blue eyes.

Worst cover ever = Goldfingers cover of 99 Red Ballons.

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Easy - Madonna's American Pie. No emotion, no feel, just a cheerful pop chick trying to sing.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think the Who song cover is ok tbh, and yes Im old enough to have the original too ;)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Soulfly's cover of Smoke on the Water. I don't even especially like the original, but the cover is just so bad.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Think Limp Bizkit made a cover of Tool's "Sober"..that almost made me cry..to have those untalented bastards destroy a song from such a good band should be forbidden by law. :(

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:
Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
I wont even comment on this, seeing the utter shittyness these bastards have put out thru the years

I can only agree, blasphemy!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Anything by Atomic Kitten - let's face it, they're a fucking cover GROUP.

:twak:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ahh yes, didnt they do The Tide Is High , originally by the Most Sexiest Woman Evah ???

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Sixpence none the richer - there she goes...Didnt think it was possible to ruin such a perfect song, but they managed it.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Squarepusher - Love will tear us Apart.

I love his work, I heard this announced and was so excited and it's so....nothingy, and that's what makes it a bad cover, so much potential, and it's just a big gray mass.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
The ones who did the boys of summer cover (Not DJ sammy), it was the Atari's i think, i thought that this was the most god awful cover i ever heard, Bunch of american newbies i thought. :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I can't remember who it's by, but that acoustic cover of Outkast's Ms Jackson. Dear GOD WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
she did that? that gotta be bad :/ worst 1 ive heard is probly that blue eyes by limp bizkit

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it was fucking hilarious! Somebody puts it on at least once a day in the common room for us to laugh at.

That said, it is a bloody shite cover.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gary Jules - Mad World.

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.coversproject.com/

Was sitting around reading another forum and I found this link. It's a cover song database. Pretty cool stuff. I for one did'nt know that Outlandish's Aisha was a cover until I looked it up.

mank!

Part of the furniture
The Smiths - Golden Lights

It's fucking shite, whether it's a cover or not. Fucking fucking fucking dire!

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Primal Scream and Kate Moss? - Some Velvet Morning

they should be shot, fucking hipster twats.

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
There's a ska punk band (not sure if it was Me First And The Gimme Gimmes) who did 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'. God, whiney American punk singers don't need any help to sound irritating as it is...

Also, I heard the Vines do Ms Jackson live and thought it was really good!

JBP|

Part of the furniture
and the winner for the worst ever cover version goes too....

the Scissor Sisters for thier awfull rendition of Comfortably numb by pink floyd

imo the sisters should be attacked with scissors on two counts

1] for a feeble attempt at one of those special songs that should never be coverd

2]singing the said song in the style of the Bee Gees

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
shanks said:
All Saints - Under the Bridge (Red hot chili peppers)
My ears, my ears
Well said. Has to be the worst ever, followed closely by Sheryl Crowe - Sweet Child o' mine

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
JBP| said:
and the winner for the worst ever cover version goes too....

the Scissor Sisters for thier awfull rendition of Comfortably numb by pink floyd

imo the sisters should be attacked with scissors on two counts

1] for a feeble attempt at one of those special songs that should never be coverd

2]singing the said song in the style of the Bee Gees

Have to agree with JBP here except scissors are not good enough. The should have electric shocks administered through their genitals for such an atrocity as even attempting to take this and make it into a dance track. :eek:

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Im not sure who did it but whoever decided that a house beat over Jefferson Airplanes 'Need somebody to love' (cant remember at this time in the morning exactly what its called) should be shot. With a blunderbuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom