Worm hole stories

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Some funny stuff happening:

Well, last night was my first real wormhole expedition on my own on TQ. And it was awesome. Very Happy

I started out in Domain, casually probing the areas around Amarr High-sec. After screwing around and taking out some angel compounds I eventually found a wormhole that definitely led to unknown space - I could recognize the background nebula on the other side. Me and my trusty Ishkur jumped through, though I saw a covert ops in the area that appeared to be watching this wormhole as well.

I emerged on the other side, notified that natural phenomenon were having an effect on my ship. Going over my stats, I can see that my targeting range had been cut by about 25% but didn't notice anything else different offhand. I had sound and music on, and I have to admit that W-space really did feel different. The visuals, the music (there appear to be a few tracks specifically for W-space), and the lack of local was unnerving, especially after being so used to it's presence in 0.0. I noticed what looked like a bright blue vortex in the background as well, must be responsible for the environmental changes.

Scanning, I found half a dozen encounters plus at least a dozen gravimetric sites that were altogether unimpressive - Pyroxeres, Veldspar, Scordite, the usual. A couple of sites did have Hemorphite and Hedbergite, which I took note of. I recon a few of the sleeper encounters but they all look a bit tough for my Ishkur - Perimeter Checkpoints with about 4 frigates and 3-4 cruisers and Perimeter Hangars with about 6 frigates and 2 cruisers.

After about half an hour I decided that I would get back to highsec and fit out a domi for some wormhole action. I warp back to my bookmarked wormhole and...shit. No more wormhole. No need to panic Tarm, just scan another one down. Out of the 20 different signatures clustered around this system

After a significant amount of scanning (~2 hours), bookmarking signatures, rescanning, re-bookmarking, I finally found another wormhole that I hoped wouldn't drop me in the middle of delve. My heart sank when I warped to the hit though - another W-space system. Well, there's nothing left for me here, so I might as well jump through.

This system seemed similar to the last one, with the exception of the pulsar that was screwing with my systems before. Well, time to get about scanning I suppose.

But wait, local flashed. Holy shit, actual human beings! I had never been happier to see local flash. After some pleading they agreed to let me tag along in exchange for my wormhole bookmark. Two Ravens from the SWA had been trapped the same way I had and were looking for ways out and attempting to take out some sleepers while they were at it, and they could use my help against the frigates.

So I gave them the approximate location of the wormhole I was at and they did the rest on their own by scanning down my ship, then fleeted up with me once they saw that I wasn't at the head of a gank fleet and that I was in a relatively harmless Ishkur. They weren't finished with their sleeper site so I tagged along and helped them with it. Sleepers weren't too difficult - we fought a few spawns that included 2 sentry guns, a single battleship, and 4-5 cruisers. Sleepers were smart, switching targets from me to one of the ravens once I got under their cruiser's guns (thank god I had an AB, I fear it would have been much harder without one). We all put the loot in a can and divided it 3 ways, with me taking one less part since I was in the smaller ship.

Eventually we went back to the wormhole I came through and jumped through it, with it closing behind us. We then set about scanning down a new one but were briefly panicked by the detection of another 4 ships on scan, but they disappeared upon a second scan. Logged off? Jumped through a wormhole? Who knows.

Eventually I had to sign off as I had spent 5 hours on EVE and the wife was giving me that look (plus, it was midnight), but altogether it was awesome fun.

Scrapheap Challenge :: View topic - I are stuck in wormhole!!!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Same thread

Darkside said:
Its pretty fun actually, went in to a hisec wormhole with my sin (for shits and giggles) and it got collapsed by a bs gang that went in and then left.....along with the probing pilot we had along with us Evil or Very Mad .

So yeah, I'm stuck in w-space with my sin, and to be honest I think its pretty damn fun Very Happy. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think its awesome....I am glad this game finally has a sense of risk vs reward (and I couldn't stop making "lost in space" and BSG references on ventrillo). So we are stuck in this wormhole with a ragtag fleet of a rupture a thorax and a sin (Since none of our other pilots, including my main, have a high enough sec status to enter hisec) wondering what we are going to do next.....how we are going to get out (while running super-easy sleeper anomalies) and what do you know, we bump into other people in the same wormhole. So we team up with people who I assume are the carebear type. Normally, I would have never considered working with them and would have.....in reality....killed them...but due to the circumstances of us not having a prober (since he left) and them having one.....I now find myself strangely dependant on thier finding another wormhole....

Which leads me to my next point, we did find another wormhole....which lead to another w-space system.....but we cannot find the one that leads back to k-space apparently.....and our BS wont fit through it anyway....so we had our cruisers try to de-spawn it....but we didn't manage to do it so we logged for the night and are going to try again tomorrow...

Thanks CCP <3 this game finally has some risk now Smile.

MOAR LOST IN SPACE STORIES, NOW!!!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I found two wormholes in lowsec system yesterday afternoon (~5 jumps from Maut). One took you directly 23 jumps away to Metropolis. The other took you to unknown space. After probing it out I found four things of interest; two Ladar sites (gas), a Radar site (hacking) and another wormhole to unknown space. Was gonna ask for people to join me or go there myself but the entrance wormhole actually collapsed in my face, so my alt was trapped there in my Helios. :m00:

Since I didn't know where I'd end up I decided to not look after profit, pewpew or adventure but get the hell out. Entered the wormhole to another unknown space system and probed the way out. It turned out that the exit (or other entrance) was a 0.7 system in Lonetrek, 27 jumps away from where I started. Pretty neat. :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I am certain that this is what CCP was aiming for - proper exploration. Its so cool to see it happening - although would be nice to be able to kill something in those wormholes :)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
So i take it the sleepers are pretty 'ard!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
4 Battleships will cut an omni tanked raven in half inside a minute.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
i take it thats impressive? :D

What sort of weaponary do they use? And will we be able to get our grubby mitts on BPs for there ships? :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
second story is quite funny, tho not in the way he meant. i find the "finally some risks" part to be hillarious as theres nothing BUT risks in eve even before this patch, this just added more of it, with a twist tho i agree. but there were still risks to go around prior to this patch. :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I think you need a sizeable gang to get anywhere tbh including logistics

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom