World of Warcraft European Final Beta Test Starts Now

zenobia

Fledgling Freddie
maybe its like that cause sweden,finland,norway,denmark and few other countrys(euro ones) all have english as a second or third language...sometimes i meet people from other european countrys who speak very good english and their native language and usually one other(ie..finnish people also speak swedish and english)..and personally speaking this sometimes makes me feel ashamed(or maybe i shouldve paid more attention in school).maybe its the fact that coming from uk we are seperate from euro mainland and this makes most of us ignorant of other languages.i no its supposed to be an english speaking server(and nearly all people are speaking english),but so what if people are speking in their own language..seems a little bit petty to report them for it and possibly get em banned....
btw...i am currently learning a new language...thai..as my wife is from thailand.

IVUR

Fledgling Freddie
zenobia said:
yay...finally.found a post on wow tech forum,followed that,used my usa beta client(im from uk,but have been playing usa wow with my nwn guild)changed a few things..ie wow.OK Here's how I did it:

The install I had was the 1.1.2 install from the US beta.

There are only three things that you need to do to get it to work with the FB.

1. Download the 55mbish 1.2.1 patch from here http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/148817.shtml

Install this. This will take your wow version to 1.2.1

2. Go into your WoW directory and open up realmlist.wtf and replace the text with:

set realmlist eu1.wow.battle.net

Save file.

3. Download an MPQ editor, i used Shadowflare's which can be got from

http://shadowflare.ancillaediting.net/
The file is called SFSetup.zip

Install WinMPQ v1.62

Run it and open up the interface.MPQ file and scroll right to the bottom. There, open up the wow.ini file and replace the text with:

[WoW Config]
Version=1
Country=GB
Language=en
Region=3

Save it and close.

4. Launch WOW as normal and you're done.
ini file and it works like a dream.

ive tred this and done it to the letter ,also created account in eu ,
but cant play the dam thing, my bro downloaded the full eu vertion and can log me in but i still have problems,
plz can u help ,cant wait another 4 days !! lol

Ormorof

FH is my second home
zenobia said:
maybe its like that cause sweden,finland,norway,denmark and few other countrys(euro ones) all have english as a second or third language...sometimes i meet people from other european countrys who speak very good english and their native language and usually one other(ie..finnish people also speak swedish and english)..and personally speaking this sometimes makes me feel ashamed(or maybe i shouldve paid more attention in school).maybe its the fact that coming from uk we are seperate from euro mainland and this makes most of us ignorant of other languages.i no its supposed to be an english speaking server(and nearly all people are speaking english),but so what if people are speking in their own language..seems a little bit petty to report them for it and possibly get em banned....
btw...i am currently learning a new language...thai..as my wife is from thailand.

well, it gets pretty irritating listening to dumbass swedes, then when people ask them to stop speaking swedish, or tell them to speak swedish in a private channel as its not a swedish server they get damn right abusive about it going on about ignorant people being monkey's for not speaking swedish, they dont seem to realise that swedish is completely useless UNLESS you are going to live in sweden!

you might as well go learn german, french or even better spanish ;)

anyway its not just english people asking them to stop, its me as well and i DO speak 2 languages (and i can order burger and chips in french, if that counts for anything)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom