World of Warcraft European Final Beta Test Starts Now

Pestilence

Fledgling Freddie
mowahahah acct created and in i go... mowahahahah.

and may zoolis die a horrible death ingame.

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
Just made my account, huurah! once the game has downloaded at a painful 20kbps I shall be playing.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Remember chaps this is beta, your characters will be deleted before it goes retail so there is no point in rushing to 60 apart from that you will miss out on the opportunity to try out all races classes and professions so you dont cock up when the game goes retail.

Oh and as an addon this forum will not be turning into a grats forum etc if you want to gratz yourself make your own forum and post there.

Sorry to appear harsh but if you know the rules now you won't be surprised if we start deleting posts because they contain tummy rubbish.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Bet i dont want to as ive tested all i need to and am just waiting for retail now?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Been trying to play twice now when the servers have been up alil. First time i got to play 5 min before they took it down again, second time there was about 2187438473846 other level ones in the newbie areas making it completly impossible to complete any quests, and the lag was horrible. Think im gonna wait until late night to play.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Just had a spin on a "low" population server... and logged in to see 60+ lowbies zerging the starting area. General chat was mostly along the lines of:

:<Italian text>
:This is an ENGLISH server!
:<Spanish text>
:SPEAK ENGLISH!!
:<Dutch (or some other weird language :p)>
:SPEAK ENGLISH!!
:etc etc

I doubt it will be much different in retail, though given the amount of servers already up (5x EN.PvP and 4x EN.Normal) and lots more to come, I'd guess each language will settle on specific servers. So you'll have unofficial Italian, Spanish and maybe others.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Grr got dumped to Desktop .. now back in queue at 488 :) Is silly at moment though newbie areas are just nuts 200-300 people in the human one alone, still almost dinged lvl 4 in under 20 mins played... now to see if can make 10 in under 3 hours.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
7% to goooooooooooooooooooooooo FUCKING HATE U BLIZZARD NEXT TIME USE SOMETHING HALF DECENT!

then i gotta get the update :)

can any1 please tell me i dont have to download 50mbs (what i heard the patch size was) on bit torrent again?

i will actually cry if u say i do :(

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Its 35 Mb :) so its a third better off than it would be if it was 50 :)

Dont worry though you will be then stuck in a queue for an hour trying to logon :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ukle said:
Its 35 Mb :) so its a third better off than it would be if it was 50 :)

Dont worry though you will be then stuck in a queue for an hour trying to logon :)

yeh yeh but is the patcher faster than this torrent thingie? :(

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Nope is torrent :) Just download the Netlimiter software to limit your upload to be 10K ish as what will be happening is the Blizard client will be taking all upload to send to other people and not leaving any for itself to send new packet requests hence the reason why its slow...

zenobia

Fledgling Freddie
yay...finally.found a post on wow tech forum,followed that,used my usa beta client(im from uk,but have been playing usa wow with my nwn guild)changed a few things..ie wow.OK Here's how I did it:

The install I had was the 1.1.2 install from the US beta.

There are only three things that you need to do to get it to work with the FB.

1. Download the 55mbish 1.2.1 patch from here http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/148817.shtml

Install this. This will take your wow version to 1.2.1

2. Go into your WoW directory and open up realmlist.wtf and replace the text with:

set realmlist eu1.wow.battle.net

Save file.

3. Download an MPQ editor, i used Shadowflare's which can be got from

http://shadowflare.ancillaediting.net/
The file is called SFSetup.zip

Install WinMPQ v1.62

Run it and open up the interface.MPQ file and scroll right to the bottom. There, open up the wow.ini file and replace the text with:

[WoW Config]
Version=1
Country=GB
Language=en
Region=3

Save it and close.

4. Launch WOW as normal and you're done.
ini file and it works like a dream.

Peek

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm, how do you create an account?? I can't find a link or any other info about that...

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
zenobia said:
2. Go into your WoW directory and open up realmlist.wtf and replace the text with:

set realmlist eu1.wow.battle.net

Save file.

3. Download an MPQ editor, i used Shadowflare's which can be got from

http://shadowflare.ancillaediting.net/
The file is called SFSetup.zip

Install WinMPQ v1.62

Run it and open up the interface.MPQ file and scroll right to the bottom. There, open up the wow.ini file and replace the text with:

[WoW Config]
Version=1
Country=GB
Language=en
Region=3

Save it and close.

4. Launch WOW as normal and you're done.
ini file and it works like a dream.

Guess I have to do the same with the korean beta then?

..one thing though, why eu1 and not just eu. ?

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Heard a rumour that Blizzard won't be resetting the betaservers, and will make them official servers at retail instead - anyone who can confirm this?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
they reset the servers at the end of the US open beta there is no reason to think the EU will be any different.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
btw, changing from US-EU beta that way means you cant access german/french servers (was a very distraught frenchman whining in general about it :p )

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
So that's why there were quite a few players blabbering about in German / French on the English servers?

... and Dutch, and Norweigan, and Swedish... *sigh*

Those people really should learn some so-called "common" decency.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
So that's why there were quite a few players blabbering about in German / French on the English servers?

... and Dutch, and Norweigan, and Swedish... *sigh*

Those people really should learn some so-called "common" decency.

u no wub mi ?? ;^^

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Mise well get used to it, seems Blizzard seem to think all of europe speak English but France and Germany.

Nothing better than wiating ages to get a group, only the find the only thing they say is "jajajajajajajaj xDDDDDDDDDD"

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Deacan said:
Mise well get used to it, seems Blizzard seem to think all of europe speak English but France and Germany.

Nothing better than wiating ages to get a group, only the find the only thing they say is "jajajajajajajaj xDDDDDDDDDD"
Doubt it. Come retail I'll report any tosser that repeatedly keep talking in General Chat in any other language than English.

Thundgot - Blizzard said:
public chat and contact with customer service is required to be in the server's preferred language

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom