World of Warcraft Account...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amphrax, May 30, 2011.

1. Amphrax

Amphrax Part of the furniture

This is quite weird as I got this email today... I did play WoW, when it first come out and I have 1 character that is a staggering lvl 3 :).

You think this is hacking material?

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
    ????????????????????????????????????????? (deleted link and replaced it with ?????, obviously) :)

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* Account name
    * Account password
    * First and Surname
    * Secret Question and Answer
    Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/
    World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2010

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail

2. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

You best email them back and give them your details then .. and while your at it, feel free to send me your bank details ;p

3. Keitanz

Keitanz Can't get enough of FH

I get about 50 of these emails a day ;d

4. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Fishing mail, dont reply to it with anything because sending a mail back with any sort of reference to WoW just tells them you have an account and secondly they'll need your level 3.

5. Afran

Afran Part of the furniture

Fake

6. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

Something about Blizzard never asking you to provide your details etc etc.

7. Killder

Killder Can't get enough of FH

Same here.

8. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

i get a shit load of these in my spam folder despite never having played WoW

9. liloe

liloe It's my birthday today!

Aye and if you have an account and are a fast clicker, you can be sure that some funny brute forcing will be going on. Then again, nobody should ever have a stupid password and even if you only use a PW with the length of 8, but using the 82 most common symbols, there are merely 2.044.140.858.654.980 different combinations :p Yes, that's more than two quadrillion solutions :p

10. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Thing is, all these emails quote wow.com not the eu one so it's easy to spot a fake

11. Punishment

Punishment Part of the furniture

I don't get why people even open phishing mails

12. Logi

Logi Part of the furniture

obvious scam is obvious! they never ask for PWs or secret words

13. Fafnir

Fafnir FH is my second home

Only site ive registered my email for WoW was on curse, but not my main mail, just my hotmail. Get about 10 mails like this a week.