World of Darkness

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
kinda looks like the edges of the clothes is lined with wires.

it looks pretty but not that clothlike.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
You just know that because this game has HUGE amounts of anticipation, it'll turn out to be shite.

I hope it doesn't.

I personally can't stand they game mechanics of EvE, but I love the design, the graphics and the style. I hope the EvE guys get that kind of feeling into WoD, but with better 'levelling/skill' mechanics.

Also, with Kindred and Garou powers, they should be 'easy' to do as each power has a specific effect (Much like spells in other MMOs). How will they work mage powers because they are so open. In the tabletop, if I have 3 dots in matter, I can minuplate in hundreds of thousands of ways to get the desired effect. In fact, if I want a particular effect, I could probably use any of the spheres of magic to achieve what I want. How will that be translated into the game? ideas?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
In fact, if I want a particular effect, I could probably use any of the spheres of magic to achieve what I want. How will that be translated into the game? ideas?

doubt that will be possible.

imagine the work needed to implement 100.000+++ spell variations, per spell.....

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
That was my point.

Thus, I'm going to hazarda guess that it will be - WoD without mages (or as NPCs only), which would be poo, or, mage will work like spellcasters in D&D (or like vamps and werewolves with 'set' powers), thus making mages about as powerful as a damp squid.

Either way, there is no way to (accurately) reproduce the World of Darkness.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Frankly, if it were just Vampire: The Masquerade, it'd kick ass.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Please don't do it based on Requiem. It's a shadow of the original World of Darkness. Well, vamp is. Not tried werewolf, but after the dissapointment Requiem was, I've yet to even open the cover to Mage: Awakening.

But yeah, just a V:TM game would be good. Bah, I wanna go install Bloodlines again now..

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
From the link above -

- Expect some ruleset/setting changes between the Pen and Paper (PnP) versions and the MMO version. Will from WW has strongly implied they are not trying to make a mirror image of the PnP version to online or vise versa as they feel doing such won't work on two different mediums.

Hmmmm.... I guess as long as White Wolf get a say over the mechanics, I guess it'll be ok..?

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm interesting, one of the commenters says this -

My two cents… I’ve played role-playing for more years then I care to remember starting with D&D back in the late 70’s and I have to say that Vampire the Masquerade was my favorite of them all. When White Wolf discontinued it and came out with Requiem I decided very skeptically to give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. Requiem is Masquerade’s superior in every way. It has a richer and more complex back story, much improved game mechanics, and is far better balanced then Masquerade

Now I didn't play Requiem for too long (about 3 months) and disliked it. Maybe I'm just stuck in my ways...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i've only really played bloodlines, and even that wasn't for very long... could hardly get past the guards in the tutorial lol...

might give it another shot later.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm interesting, one of the commenters says this -

Now I didn't play Requiem for too long (about 3 months) and disliked it. Maybe I'm just stuck in my ways...

Wasn't my cup of tea either.

However, Vampires are certainly fotm, so many movies and TV series about them these days it's insane. Good time to release a vampish gothic style mmorpg? You betcha.

taB

Part of the furniture
i've only really played bloodlines, and even that wasn't for very long... could hardly get past the guards in the tutorial lol...

might give it another shot later.

Am 3/4 of the way through my 3rd playthrough atm. It's a ruddy great game. - some of the best humour I've found in a game.

Anyway, this clothing stuff isn't for the World of Darkness, it's for cross dressing pod pilots :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Werewolf was so bad I never tried another White Wolf game - did I miss out?

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Werewolf was so bad I never tried another White Wolf game - did I miss out?

Yes indeedy. Werewolf was the worst of the games. Even Wraith was better.

Try 2nd Ed Vampire: Masquerade, or original Mage (2nd ed messed with Mages and made them useless.)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
kinda looks like the edges of the clothes is lined with wires.

it looks pretty but not that clothlike.

Simulating cloth isn't trivial. That's just a tech demo, but if you can apply that to a game it would be something that you never would have seen before

We all know EVE Incarna (walking in stations) is just a tech demo / primer for the WoD mmo anyways

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
We all know EVE Incarna (walking in stations) is just a tech demo / primer for the WoD mmo anyways

I think they're just killing two birds with one stone. I get the impression that the clothing in the demo is suited to both Eve and WoD.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yes indeed, it's very well done aswell.

Re-using technology is important, but the perception of many people might be that Incarna will become a half-assed bi-product of WoD mmo development

In any regard, I've not played any of the WoD universe PnP games (although I do play PnP games), so pretty much little expectations in that direction. However I do look forward to a new CCP game

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i wont start paying attention much until i see what they will do with the pvp system.

CCP being the way they are it wouldn't surprise me if they did something ala EvE.....

imagine spending 2 months raiding for high end gear just to lose it all when you die :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
based on, not true to...

don't soil those panties just yet :)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, not gay arse requiem! Hope the other games will be coming, although no idea how they'd do Mage!

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Between Masquerade and Requiem?

Massive difference. Requiem has no metaplot, no 'end of the world' scenarios, vampires who are old forget everything in the past, there's no history of vampires, nothing.

Masquerade was suspenseful, much story, lots of doom, a rich history, and lots of interesting characters.

In tabletop game terms, in Requiem, when your vampire character gets old/powerful/influential all of a sudden they go into torpor for hundreds of years and you have to create a new character and start all over again. It'd be like hitting max level in your favourite MMO and then having the company delete your character and you have to start again. All that effort wasted.

In Masquerade, all that effort was kept, your could work your way up from new initiate, and become whatever you wanted without worrying that you would 'die' due to 'natural causes'.

Requiem is a poor man's version of Masquerade. White Wolfs mojo was lost when they scrapped the old World of Darkness. Hopefully, they're back on track with the MMO.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well CCP does it's own thing, hopefully they being their own flava into WoD as well. It might be the WoW killer(personally) i've been looking for, to take the #1 place in MMO gaming. Then again, it could suck donkeys.

Depends on many things, gameplay etc, but the characters should look fine as f*ck if the walk in station characters(from some time back) are any indication.

The red leather...oh the red leather..mmmmmm....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It might be the WoW killer(personally) i've been looking for, to take the #1 place in MMO gaming.

i'd really like another MMO slap WoW on the wrist but i'm finding it hard to actually believe that it will be possible.

for WoW to be put in its place the MMO that does it needs to be pretty much perfect with 0 bugs and TONS of content right out of the box.

ppl just don't want to wait 6 months to well over a year for something even remotely equivalent to what WoW offers in content.

i used to say that MMO's had one chance and one chance only to succeed, and that was the first month after release. now i'm almost prepared to say that that chance is now in open beta, that's where ppl make up their minds now.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol at permadeath, means it will be a really easy game pve wise and not all that fast paced pvp combat.

boring anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom