world cup

Himse

FH is my second home
Defoe + Walcott up the front tbh:<

two very good young players, peter crouch is wank in one lanky stick tbh :| thats the only way i can describe him, proper sucks :|

or give Walcott + Rooneh! :flame:

[slim]

Fledgling Freddie
Fair enough Sven has picked Walcott but think wot people like Rooney and Owen have given .. Sven hasn't seen him play but so what? He might end up being the next Rooney/Owen. I think we should give him a chance .. He's a 17 year old lad who has scored 100 goals in 35 games i read in the paper .. maybe a little exaggerated but he could possibly turn out to be what we need to get to the final. I say give him a chance!!!!

*stands off soapbox*

- English -

Resident Freddy
wasnt it true ronaldo played in world cup when he was 17 etc ;p

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
yes, take walcott imo, he is type of player who can turn a game around, and he is apprently got potential of Henry. Arsenal players say he rox in training also.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Not got realy alot of choice, dont think many of the other options can cut it vs some of the defences they will come up against.

If Rooney and Owen dont play... Willcott and Dean Ashton would be a good combo of pace and power.

Haveing an unknown element can be good though since the opposition wont lknow what to expect.

Only realy dodgy selection was Jenas ...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
owen hargreaves..... haahahahahaahaha :p

all i can say really :p

still, i guess sven realises he can do pretty much anything he wants any way he wants since he's already lost his job wether he wins or not ;)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
- English - said:
wasnt it true ronaldo played in world cup when he was 17 etc ;p

he spent most of USA 94 on the bench iirc, and still was relativly unknown then

Lethul

FH is my second home
who is that? why do you care? sweden will mop the floor with you regardless of lineup!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lethul said:
who is that? why do you care? sweden will mop the floor with you regardless of lineup!
bahahahaha kk mate

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
sven: i have picked an attacking squad and included hargreaves for his versatily

darren bent must be doing his nut right now, top english scorer in league and doesnt get picked?

fuck off sven, u lost the world cup before a ball even kicked

Turran

Fledgling Freddie
I think its good that Walcott is going, other teams dont know what to expect from him. We will start with maybe Owen/Crouch - Then after 70 minutes or so Walcott and Aarron Lennon will come on and change the pace of the game right up.

Marc

FH is my second home
Every1 is slagging off Walcott but... Peter FUCKING Crouch!!! Hes wank. If he is international class then so is Himse :D Beattie does the holding role far better than that lanky streak of piss and scores more goals.

Not too fussed about Hargreaves as hes a pretty accomplished player if you actually watch him

soze

I am a FH squatter
Walcott is there at the minute to play in the two friendlys to see if he is good enough i think don't forget Sven has to drop 2 players befor world cup proper????

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
sven: i have picked an attacking squad and included hargreaves for his versatily

darren bent must be doing his nut right now, top english scorer in league and doesnt get picked?

I must admit, this is the first thought that went through my mind. Why pick Crouch (what has he done this season?) and Walcott (They guy has 0 Premeirship experience, and Sven hasnt seen him play) over Bent who has had a fantastic season, scoring goals for a team who arent exactly overflowing with creative attacking talent.

If Sven is picking Crouch for his heading or target-man play, then Bent has outdone Crouch in both aspects this season. But lets not forget, when Andy Johnson was having a fantastic season, scoring goals for fun, Sven gave him one cap and played him out on the wing. And, of course, people still remember Sven consistently picking Emile Heskey... Must admit, its issues like this that make me look forward to the new manager coming in - I hope Steve McClaren will be sensible :D

Oh, and yeah - why Owen Hargreaves? I'm sure he really is having a great season in Germany, but how many times has he had a chance to perform on the international stage and became annonymous during the game? Maybe he is a victim of Sven's use of him as a substituiton, but in my eyes, he's never really shown any qualities that are above average :(

B

Benedictine

Being a Leeds fan, I've seen Walcott play for Southampton and he was outstanding.

I remember saying to the Mrs that boy is going to be BIG.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Benedictine said:
Being a Leeds fan, I've seen Walcott play for Southampton and he was outstanding.

I remember saying to the Mrs that boy is going to be BIG.

big in which department ? ;)

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
Ok drop hargrevis and take Wright phillips
not sure on this young lad hope he shins cos if not i see him spending a lot longer on arsnals bench.
Crouch now ok i'm ready for the flames here,
i rember watching him in the under 21's and this boy was good he's not just tall he's very good foot work,and moving the liverpool he's learning a bit more now,
think he'll be a good target man to use and ok the goals wont fly in with him,but if he make him self a pain in the ass with the def's then lampar and gerrard can nab the ball of him and pop it in the back of the net.
one thing for sven
he'll go down as a utter wanker for the side he picked or a god if he dose some thing with it.
just hope at some point beofr he gose he gets off his ass and shows some passion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom