Work

megadave

I am a FH squatter
if you're not getting a hangover you're obviously not drinking enough :eek:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Can't see the fun in it really, lost my father to alcohol, lost some of my oldest friends to drugs so plz tell me again what's so fucking funny here??

i think you got the hairs up on the peoples backs who just drink or use drugs occasionally as a recriational activity (well not tris tbh he's a right little stoner).

To tell people not to do something when they do it responsibly generally just creates a flame war, im very sorry about your past with drink and drugs ruining peoples lives but (i had alcoholic/drug abusive parents meself so i know) as i have found out from experience just because someone drinks or maybe does a little weed on the side doesn't make them a bad or reckless person. It took me ages to get over the inbuilt fear i have about drugs the smell of weed usd to give me a panic attack but i realise that not everyone gets violent on it and not everyone will abuse it until it kills them.

So Phule_Gubben although it is a serious thing that happened to you and i appreciate you are just being helpful and trying to show people what can happen, we are all (mostly) grown ups here on this board (if not in actual age then in mind theyre all a pretty smart bunch) and know the risks involved.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Can't see the fun in it really, lost my father to alcohol, lost some of my oldest friends to drugs so plz tell me again what's so fucking funny here??

i found your opinion funny.

how dare you tarnish my name ez. i only smoke pot about once every 3 weeks or so :p

Tilda

I suggest people think very carefully before posting about what is and is not acceptable behaviour on FH with regards to this topic and other peoples views on it.

tris-

I suggest people think very carefully before posting about what is and is not acceptable behaviour on FH with regards to this topic and other peoples views on it.

could you clarify that. because so far, imo, nothing said hes been unacceptable.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
my hangover yesterday was awful. it took pretty much all day to get over it. at about 7 o clock last night i was ready to go back to sleep.
today i'm bright as a button - i've had enough sleep and drank about 1 lake of water. look, sunshine! blossom on the trees. spring is almost here and i'm dreading the summer already! YAY!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie

I think the key is moderation and common sense. At the end of the day, most of the people that read these forums dabble with both alcohol and/or a variety of drugs (legal and illegal). While there's nothing stopping you going on a crusade against them, you have to take into consideration that this is what people do for enjoyment, and the large majority of them will not have any major (as in, bigger than a hangover) detrimental effects from this use.

Coming in heavy handed on what people do for fun can backfire against what you were trying to achieve in the first place.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I don't judge people over using alcohol and weed on the side etc. I drink alchohol myself when I feel like it (which is not very often these days). But I also don't think it's a good idea to post here about it being okay and not-so-bad. Younger people will be influenced by what they read, and it's really unnecessary to introduce them to an "it's totally okay" standpoint which in reality isn't true.

The fact is that it can be okay for some. But to others it can also be completely, totally dangerous and ruining their life. So please.. when talking about it on here, let's try to keep it balanced.

As for myself, I partied hard when I was in my early twenties. Now i have a permanently damaged liver because of it. I'll let that be my addition to the balanced picture.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I guess taking things too seriously is an art, too. I've never had a proper conversation with my old man in my life, as he used to be too pissed to bother and the alcohol's fucked his mind up as to not give a toss about anything in life, be it work or social life or whatever. He'd beat me as a kid and my parents split over the drinking issue, and I've had one or two friends fucking their life up over drugs, not to mention walking into examples of drug abuse whenever in town, and I wasn't bothered by either post.
Don't get worked up over someone taking the piss, and just laugh. Life isn't worth living if you take offence to any post or said thing that's not to your liking.
And, as has been mentioned by others, I think both drinking and drugs won't pose much of a problem as long as you don't overdo it. I'm not on about the hard stuff like heroine here, obviously, as you'll have a hard time not getting fucked up by that shit, but weed, for example, isn't the least bit addicting, physicly at least, and it really isn't hard to moderate the use of it. The same goes for alcohol, tho it depends on when you drink and for what reason. Myself, I tend to get totally wasted on weekends, but I don't drink anything during the week as to make sure I don't turn into some full-time alcoholic, as it's quite easy to do so when having a couple of drinks on a daily basis.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My father went to the looney bin because of alcohol.....i hope alcohol never dies and stays with us forever! Blessed being of light and delight, the one that brings us sex and fight, alcohol i bow my head, i bet this stuff could rise the dead! :worthy:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
how dare you tarnish my name ez. i only smoke pot about once every 3 weeks or so :p

yeah yeah the rest of the time you just lay naked in your room with it burning in a vapourizer and just absorb it through your skin!!

pfft

*much besmirching*

right im off to the homeless shelter to make their soup then i gtg read "bunny wunny kins goes to the fair" at the orphanage before spending a few hours at the nursing home pretending to be random peoples grand daughters.

whaaat? its just as believeble as what you just said tris :p

tris-

right im off to the homeless shelter to make their soup then i gtg read "bunny wunny kins goes to the fair" at the orphanage before spending a few hours at the nursing home pretending to be random peoples grand daughters.

whaaat? its just as believeble as what you just said tris :p

the difference being is what i said is true :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
bah foiled again by that pesky thing called truth!

i did give my guinea pigs some carrot though... thats a good deed right?

damn you and your clever mind games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom