Wondering if this would work....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's take a mob, with say 3500 hp.

Warlock throws on doom(after 1 minute, 3200 shadow damage)

After 10 seconds, of giving the mob a bit of a beating, another class(was it mage?) throws polymorph.

Would the doom go out of effect, or would there be a sheep running around(lasts 50 seconds) and getting killed after doom hits it?

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
interesting question..........no idea
spam

as doom is a curse i think... polymorph would work unlike it being, say a dot.
but if u could do that it would be abit easy to get a doomguard.
but polymorph doesnt always last the full time :p around 30ish on average i reckon.
in theory i think it should work.... y dont u.... get the game and try it urself :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lakashnik said:
in theory i think it should work.... y dont u.... get the game and try it urself :p

No no! I should discuss it in a commitee for two weeks, make possible plans and then, after it's been confirmed that you can do it, use another and more efficient tactic.

Not that i'm plannng on mass production of doomguard *cough* Ofcourse not!

Do they stay after their released by the way? *grin*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gat_Decor said:
don't u regen hp faster when sheeped ?

Yeah, but let's say a mob has exactly the 3200 that hits after doom is done(it's a one blow), no matter how much it regens as a sheepy :D

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
surely there is a lvl limit on mobs that can be used tho. or run into elwynn forest find a cute bunny and doomguard it lol.
and chances of finding a lvl 60 with 3200hps im guessing would be rather low as the lvl 53mobs im fighting atm average however many hps my dmg adds up to. about 500ish mindblast then think its about 150dmg x6 from dot (this is in shadowform) so thats roughly1400 then i usually need 3 mind flays at another 150dmg per tick x3 per mind flay x 3 for total = 1350. then usually spam some wand shots at the end to finish it to save mana for about another 300-400ish hps. so roughly about 3k hps on most mobs a lil less for caster type mobs i would think at 53.. well the 1s i been fighting atm anyway. so im thinking lvl 60tank mobs have near on 4khps and casters about 3700 or something. this is all rough from judging btw.

altho u could fire off curse of doom then sheep then spam a few insta's to do dmg to the mob about 10seoncds before the doom hits.
mate just got a 700dmg insta 1min recast on his lvl 48 warlock :( thats ouchy he crits for 1kdmg alot. he be mowing thru mobs.

and yes they do stay around for at least a limited time afaik. just like infernals which people now bring to IF alot... seriously it was funyn watching it run around the 1st 3or so times but its happening daily now... and i think its just the 1 gnome warlock whos doing it and he thinks its hilarious....

edit: as much as i wubbles u seel. shouldnt u be making me more jeff an tonder to read... he he. either that or find mr roo and make him write more about his story! where has he gone!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
The level ~53 demons in Azshara (legashi or such?) have roughly 2500 hp - one frostbolt = 20% hp, and a frost bolt is ~500.

In theory yes you could lock a mob down with sheep, it's only 50s duration, but you can recast it if required (I can sheep mobs for minutes at a time without issues). As for full duration, it will last the full 50s in PvE, but mobs have a chance to break early. Arcane focus will help some with early breaks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Two mages, two warlocks= two sheeped+doomed mobs.
So basicly this combo of magical proportions could take on atleast three :p

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Doesen't really seem effective to have to wait a minute for every mob killed, unless of course it's the doomguard you're doing this for :p

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Any lvl mob will do..my 1st DG spawned off a cursed darkhound outside UC.

I just CoD,Corup,fear(30sec),fear(15sec) then it normally dies on its way back to me (i use this purely for spawning DG).Or stick on any mob that takes more than 1 min to kill (instance bosses).

CoD is on a 1min cooldown (handy for watching to see when its going to go off) so only 1 CoD at a time.

As for sheeping, ive had funny experiences with CoD disapearing and mob going back to how it was from lack of combat.

In my experience DG will de-spawn after its killed everyone/everything that cons red to it.

My first Doomguard

Turamber

Part of the furniture
/agrees with Raes. Didn't see this topic before but, as the man says, it doesn't matter what level the mob is - it has a chance to spawn a doomguard. I've seen them pop out of level 1 critters, and my friend also spawned one out of the Princess in Mauradon. To say he was unpopular with the group is an understatement ... trying to loot the Princess while a level 60 mob was wailing on our (at the time) mid 50's asses.

Before people go saying that Doomie is overpowered or whatever, though, please keep in mind that our two top pets are absolute pains in the rear to use. Breaking enslave anytime before five minutes and, once someone taps them, un-enslaveable again. Crap pets, no surprise they don't get used much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom