wondering about the battle system

D

dresscode

just wondering about the battle system is it turn based?

i hope this game dosnt go the way eve went

i cant wait to try it does anyone know what the storyline is about

S

Sharma

The battles are not turn based, infact they are much more free flowing than the battles of DAoC, although the system works in prety much the same way, you have a feeling of realism, cant explain it well, but i can say...it works. :D

B

bylin

Hello sharma I came via Eve as well and very different environment (possibly not as competitive due to no pvp).

Battles are very much real time with your character automatically evading and blocking (these skills rise with use) and special skills available depending on class and weapon skill). Bad guys, even at a very low level, use special skills in a random way so quite fun to watch. You need a certain amount of energy to use special skills so a bit of strategy as to when to use and when to just grind the critter down.

O

old.Dillinja

Each race uses their weapon differently also, Elvaans seem to have a certain amount of style with their weapons, Galkas just swing as hard as they can, Mithrans crouch and fight like cats etc. A lot of thought seems to have been put into the combat system and, like Sharma says, it works.

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Each race uses their weapon differently also, Elvaans seem to have a certain amount of style with their weapons, Galkas just swing as hard as they can, Mithrans crouch and fight like cats etc. A lot of thought seems to have been put into the combat system and, like Sharma says, it works.

... And tarus wave their arms around a bit and hope someone gets hit :)

B

BlitheringIdiot

...or that they catch a fish in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom