Woman with opinion taken to court

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I do alright, however I voted for them because, despite their issues, they still appeared far more competent than any of the other options - and I have seen nothing since then that suggests I was wrong.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
They are systematically taking away our rights and making it so they can control our every move, while at the same time making life harder for the lower earning families and easier for the higher earning families. This was after making promises to not do the things they are now trying to do.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Labour would probably be doing most of the same things to be honest. Except maybe the europe vote thing.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I dont think they would be touching the Tax Credits but the rest yea probably

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They probably wouldn't but then they would also be buying public sector votes on the never never.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They probably wouldn't but then they would also be buying public sector votes on the never never.
Our entire monetary system is the very definition of the never never. the books can never be balanced. The mathematical reality means that the physically unrepayable debt has to lie somewhere - with the government or with us...

Bodhi

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/11/david-cameron-letter-cuts-oxfordshire?CMP=fb_gu
If True just look at how they have no clue about the consequences of their actions on matters of finance, so imagine how bad it might be now they are meddling in how you think and your rights.

Given that the Guardian is pretty much now the official mouthpiece of the Labour Party (who also said they were in favour of austerity - just no one believed them after the last shambles), I give as much credence to what they print as I do to the Daily Mail and Express.

http://order-order.com/2015/11/11/seumas-milnes-closeness-to-guardian-editor/

And I must be honest I find that really sad. In the media now you pretty much have the BBC/Guardian/Labour/Huffington on one side, and Conservatives/Murdoch/Torygraph/Breitbart on the other, which is making it fucking difficult to just get the facts on what is going on so you can make your own mind up, rather than reading an article telling you what to think about what is going on.

Shocking state of affairs if you ask me, and neither side of the political coin comes out of it with any credit.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think a whole new system is needed and a removal of the current merry go round and one up type games we see

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BBC is a bit right wing compared to most international news outlets.

They're just not extreme right wing - like most of the shit that comes out of the US. But I can see why you think the Beeb is lefty - you're very right-wing yourself tbh.

Bodhi

You only think the BBC are right wing as you are only just to the right of Joseph Stalin :)

Bodhi

Ah-ha! Due to being a direct descendant of Genghis Khan I laugh at your attempts to freeze me to death!

Actually that's not true, but I did live in St Andrews for 6 years, where I'm pretty sure the wind is colder in December than anything Siberia can throw at us :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
BBC is a bit right wing compared to most international news outlets.

They're just not extreme right wing - like most of the shit that comes out of the US. But I can see why you think the Beeb is lefty - you're very right-wing yourself tbh.

Honestly, what are you talking about? The BBC couldn't be more right on if it tried.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
If you had the power to scrap it all and remake it how would you do it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The BBC? Just get rid tbh. What purpose does it serve that couldn't be recreated without a forced subscription?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
People bash the beeb a lot but have you ever watched TV where there isnt a service like it? The program quality is awful, BBC effectively sets a minimum and because it doesn't relyon ad ratings they can take risks other channels cant

Even compared to other national broadcasters BBC is pretty good

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I meant remaking the political party system!. Atm to me it just seems a case of Good Cop/Bad Cop with whoever in charge as the Bad Cop and whoever is not the Good Cops who makes endless promises to improve things if they were in charge. Neither really seem to care and in the end we just have the same people enjoying the benefits of being in charge, at the expense of the hard working people of the country.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
People bash the beeb a lot but have you ever watched TV where there isnt a service like it? The program quality is awful, BBC effectively sets a minimum and because it doesn't relyon ad ratings they can take risks other channels cant

Even compared to other national broadcasters BBC is pretty good

I don't actually watch TV at all these days, if the wife didn't then I doubt I would even own a TV, let alone have to pay a forced subscription. I admit I have a quick look at their news website but frankly, I could live without it. Their radio output is generally garbage too, just dreary presenters who are too fond of the sound of their own voices with the occasional top 10 single. The one or two shows that it does produce that are any good could quite happily be snapped up by Amazon or Netflix. They don't take risks any more, all their drama is just paint by numbers cop shows, the only semi decent drama in the last couple of years (The Last Kingdom) is from their commercial arm anyway so not really anything to do with "BBC". Their comedy output is trash too, when was the last time they put something on that was actually funny? They have spread themselves over too many channels with the same budget which means the quality of show has nosedived.

It has served us well in the past but is just not necessary any more.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You are deludingyourself if you think dropping the beeb will end the tb license they will just rename it

In Finland its now taken directly by tax authorities as they worked out if everyone auto pays then they can charge less per person

In Denmark its a "media" license so if you have an Internet connection you have to pay it too

They will get their cash regardless :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. And the fact that all the political parties are having a pop in their own way shows that the beeb is doing something right.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Government is talking about making sure every house eventually has access to fast internet connection so they already laying the groundwork imo for a future media licence

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom