Wolves Fine

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its a bit daft. He has a squad and he used players from that squad, not as if he fielded his reserve team.

The fine is nothing though and suspended anyway.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
The bigger teams do that all the time, i always hear about things like Man Utd players 2nd string etc

BTW i dont watch football or care about it, this just seems like double standards. Please correct me if im wrong and i will take it on board

rynnor

Rockhound
The bigger teams do that all the time, i always hear about things like Man Utd players 2nd string etc

To an extent but ten players changing is extremely unusual - can anyone think of another example where 10 players changed?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Rynnor not of the top of my head, but I am positive it has happened. At the end of the day it's very subjective, only Mccarthy and his caoching staff can really make a decision on what their strongest team is. He clearly stated that he did not want to risk injury to his other players by making them play 3 games in a week.

I think it's a very dodgy decision, and that is reflected in the unwillingness to actually fine them, rather it's a pointless suspended sentence.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Rynnor not of the top of my head, but I am positive it has happened. At the end of the day it's very subjective, only Mccarthy and his caoching staff can really make a decision on what their strongest team is. He clearly stated that he did not want to risk injury to his other players by making them play 3 games in a week.

I think it's a very dodgy decision, and that is reflected in the unwillingness to actually fine them, rather it's a pointless suspended sentence.

I don't think its happened during the competitive part of the season (maybe after the title's been decided...) and when the "big four" do wholesale changes, its usually for other tournaments; United et al may rarely field the same team twice in the Prem these days, but its usually 2-3 players per game that get changed. Where McCarthy went wrong was that he was both blatant and unapologetic about it; and the blazers hate that.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Where McCarthy went wrong was that he was both blatant and unapologetic about it; and the blazers hate that.

I agree. The people at the top seem to be upset about the way he did it rather than what he did.

I think it's a bad decision and sets a bad precedent.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Nothing wrong with what he did, but he went about it the wrong way. At the end of the day if the FA are saying the Wolves squad is not good enough to play in the Premier league!!!! They should take control of every team, a manager manages the team/squad with the best interests of the club in his head.

If Wovles had of beaten Utd the FA would not have said jack shit.

megadave

I am a FH squatter

BTW i dont watch football or care about it, this just seems like double standards. Please correct me if im wrong and i will take it on board
To be fair when the top clubs field weaker teams they still do it with the intent of winning the game.

Wolves basically admitted defeat before the game even began. I seem to remember Portsmouth "resting" five first team players against Man Utd aswell. It's not right.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its all horse shit.

Different story the season when Man Utd wanted out of the FA Cup all together and it was allowed (may of been league cup not sure), no one batted an eyelid then. One rule for red nose another for everyone else.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
The best example I can think of is when Liverpool played a weakened team against Fulham in 2007 before the Champions League Final in Athens, Fulham won and stayed up thanks to the 3 points they got from that game.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Will we be seeing Arsenal fined for not fielding their strongest team in the League Cup? A poor decision and one they would never have inflicted on a "big club".

Everz

FH is my second home
To be fair when the top clubs field weaker teams they still do it with the intent of winning the game.

Wolves basically admitted defeat before the game even began. I seem to remember Portsmouth "resting" five first team players against Man Utd aswell. It's not right.

We had a crucial game against Burnley 4 days after the match. We won that due to us having that extra bit of fitness, what if we bought the full squad there and Doyle or Henry or another key player got injured? We could have been in a shit predicament and ended up not going on the good run that got us out of the relegation zone.

We werent going to get anything at Old Trafford, so no point risking injury for a lost cause, MM made the right decision, hes the manager and some of those players werent second string as a good few of them are part of our first XI now.

It's a joke, proof of the bias towards the SKY FOUR.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Will we be seeing Arsenal fined for not fielding their strongest team in the League Cup? A poor decision and one they would never have inflicted on a "big club".

Different organisations. The Premier League can make their punishments stick, if the FA try that on a big club they run the risk of them simply withdrawing altogether. Besides, I like the fact that United etc. have a competition they can use to blood their younger players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom