Wolfy Patch 1.32

O

old.BOKA

Now that v1.32 of Wolfy is out, where does BW stand on upgrading the servers¿ Do I tell the rest of my clan not to install it yet, or will all the servers be upgraded by Sunday¿

Cheers :)

O

old.fragba1t

I wouldnt update just yet as the patch isnt backwards compatible.

Im sure a news item will be posted tomorrow on the main page, saying when BWs will upgrade.
Going from past experience, the servers won't be running the new patch untill after the weekend to give everyone a chance to upgrade and stop any confusion.

:m00:

O

old.X3M.Lake

You better wait till the news is announced before upgrading (although that means we'll have to wait to explore the new map :rolleyes: ).

With the release of the 1.3 patch there's also been some trouble about this, and installing the patch takes less time than uninstalling it :p

O

old.BOKA

It's my undersdtanding that the BW pub servers have been updated now¿ So have Jolt and BY I think. So we can't play on the majority of the decent servers. :rolleyes:

If the BW pub servers are updated, why can't you update the league servers¿ :confused:

Cheers.

A

Anduin

dont think its a case of cant more wont and for understandable reasons if there are any hickups for whatever reason we dont have any servers to play the league on however on this thought perhaps with all the server changing sooo suddenly might it not be an idea to do with this patch as was done with the old 1 and delay the league for a week i know im normally 1 of the first 2 complain when this is done but on reflection last time this was definately the right thing to do and personally i belive the same thing applies here

F

feld-hure

This looks as though it could be a tricky one, not least because of the timing. I've been told that BW public/bookable servers will be all 1.32 by tomorrow (saturday) morning (though I'd wait for an official announcement rather than believeing me ;) )

I would have thought that the league would have had no choice but to go with 1.32 (assuming there are no major problems) as a lot of people won't have opted for the more sensible option in installing 2 versions and will have updated to 1.32 to play on the publics and other servers before Sunday/Monday.

A

Anduin

Just noticed the league servers are now 1.32 so erm whats goin on??

S

syk.chak

If the league servers are now 1.32, then I would presume the league is running on 1.32. (Only my opinion, though :D)

T

trn

Last night I had downloaded the patch but no installed it. When I looked at the servers available to play with 1.31, it was only the BWL ones that were still on that! So I played on there for an hour (no i'm not stalking you nXplosive!). There was a good crowd there so that was OK

But this morning the BWL are on 1.32, so I installed the patch and tried to get to grips with it on Jolt 1 (which is having a Tramathon today :) ), failed and decided to come off line to wander around it on my own! It's a very confusing level, but very nicely designed when you know what's happening.

I'm advising my clan to download and install now, seeing as it's on the BWL servers now :)

A

Anduin

It would be nice to have some sort of statement from the admins though given as how both the IRC room and the main page says dont update yet

O

old.BOKA

[12:56:27] ::: Topic on #bwrtcwl is: (BWRTCWL - All BW servers, INCLUDING league servers have been updated to the 1.32 patch, sorry for any confusion and make sure you have updated ready for sunday/monday ||| http://leagues.barrysworld.net/bwrtcwl/ - Rest of week's maps on soon.)
[12:56:27] ::: Set by: (fragba1t) on (Saturday, May 25 12:01:16 2002)

YAY! :clap:

Cheers :D

B

bigbb

Yep, just to clarify the servers have been upgraded to the new patch, all clans will be emailed with notification.

Please upgrade. :)

O

old.fragba1t

News will be posted on the main page today and all clans will be emailed about the patch. Sorry for any confusion guys, i was going from past Q3 leagues where the league servers didnt get updated untill the after that weeks games.

Download the new patch and enjoy the full flava goodness that is mp_tram!

EDIT: damm bigbb and his faster posting power!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom