Wolfy expansion pack

D

darft_faul

I know it's a little way off, but what impact will the forthcoming expansion pack for RTCW (gamespot preview) have on the BWRTCWL, and wolfenstein generally??

With the introduction of new weapons, maps and a new class, will we all be required to buy this new pack to play in leagues? Will it cause a division in the RTCW world between traditional servers and those that adopt these changes?

On the one hand the STV:EF expansion pack had little effect on its community; on the other hand, Q3 Team Arena created a whole new sub-section. What will happen with wolfy??

W

WFJuNkY

the effect it's gonna have imo will that covert ops are so gonna own, whoever thought of putting the snooper rifle in should get a medal, it's gonna be even more easy to snipe

D

darft_faul

Good point, anyone who plays CS will be familiar with the never-ending controversy surrounding 'AWP whoring'.

Can't remember how powerful the snooper rifle was in SP, but they might adjust it for MP as they did for the venom (ie overheating quicker).

I also seem to remember the zoom isn't as good as the mauser, and it has that annoying 'night-vision' green fuzz that distorts the zoom, so maybe that's enough to reduce its effectiveness...

O

old.{D2A}Trebor

ja, the problem with covert ops is that sometimes when you hover over one of your team it doesnt show the name, so if it isnt showing a name then you will think they are a covert op, and you will kill them.

however they wil be easy to spot because they will be carrying either a big heft snooper or a luger/colt.

i think this is going to result in more teamkillings if nothing else :(.

i can see most people getting the addon, so if more people get it than those that dont, then the league will probably change.

another league would be too much hassle, seeing as this one is only just getting under way...maybe

B

bigbb

On the league, it certainly wouldn't ask for people to buy it. I would hazard a guess it wouldn't be implemented for the league for the forthcoming season unless all clans wanted it that soon, cross that bridge when they come to it, I suspect. Few details about the pack, atm. I would also hazard a guess that this pack will be diversely compatible, and should allow for the new features to be used, whilst the generic game will still be playable.

O

old.fragba1t

TBH, i cant see it being that popular, just look at Quake 3 Team Arena and that was quailty imo :)

:m00:

A

Anduin

imo the blokey who said i know lets stick the snooper in multiplayer doesnt want a medal he wants a right good kicking its far 2 powerfull for multiplayer so there gonna have 2 do some serious downing of it otherwise its basicly gonna be a uber powerful sten that doesnt overheat and has a sniper scope y aim for the head when 2 shots is gonna kill no matter where you hit oh what fun:( :rolleyes:

T

trn

Yeah the idea of RTCW multiplayer probably more than any other MP game is that it is based around tactics that can be implemented to have the best effect on the game. If you introduce into that environment a weapon that is so powereful that it makes it impossible for this to be the case, they you will just get everyone choosing the weapon and nope that luck is on your side :(

OK I know the Snooper isn't really as powerful as that, and saying that I doubt that they'll include it at full strength. For instance it would make the mauser nearly totally pointless! :eek:

A

Anduin

yeh i mean lets c option A
A soldier with a sniper rifle = slow shooting loud noise need experience to use properly with inacurate aiming @ times
Option B
Some1 who looks like the enemy and has a semi automatic sniper rifle with no noise so even if you miss wave it around 1 or 2 will hit eventually

Hmmm hold on while i think about this 1
answers on a postcard 2...........

T

trn

You'd be suprised at how good some people are with the standard sniper though.... :clap: :cool:

... but then there are some people that havent got a clue which button you press to use the scope :m00: :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom