Werewolf Wolf game feedback.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's keep it out of the other thread.

Post suggestions here.

Don't post "i think it was shit" or "it was boring", it doesn't help in any way.

If you have valid suggestions, post them.

Also post what kind of roles would you like, do you like themes, do you like the RP rule(no meta) or the inactivity timer.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A few new things that will come into effect, to keep the game a bit more civil;

If there is an RP rule, it's strict. If you have a question about roles, you can PM me. No mention to how roles work or have worked, punishments may vary :D

There will be a civil tongue, words like retards etc will not be tolerated either.

Telling someone to fuck off etc are fine, but blatant insulting doesn't belong in a "suppose to be fun" game ;)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Telling someone to fuck off etc are fine, but blatant insulting doesn't belong in a "suppose to be fun" game ;)

Telling someone to fuck off, unless said by someone i know very well, comes off as a blatant insult to me. But we've been over that before, i believe. ;)

Otherwise, my feedback would be quite simple. I like the best the games without too many special roles and where instead the element of strategy and second guessing takes front stage. If we want variation, i think a great way to do it is to use themes, where we simply use other names for the same roles, such as in Olga's Wild West game, or indeed as with the difference between Werewolves and Mafiosos! :)

Also, Tohtori, I very much appreciate you running these things! It's the reason I came back here to FH from a long break, so.. please keep it up and kudos to you for making the effort! :cheers:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Telling someone to fuck off, unless said by someone i know very well, comes off as a blatant insult to me. But we've been over that before, i believe. ;)

True, and noted. Perhaps a "civil tone" rule wouldn't harm the game, quite the contrary.

Otherwise, i do think that regular roles with a theme and maybe 1 special/twist in the game would work.

Oh and quite welcome, it's a bit of work, but it also gives me something to do :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the current game has got a bit confusing.
thats what id say about it, have no problems with the rest.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can you say what makes it confusing? Or would you rather wait until the end?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Can you say what makes it confusing? Or would you rather wait until the end?

Personally the whole thing started with levin being afk, passing on some sort of virus to Vasc, which no one knew anything about, it don't even look as if they can do anything other than infect others when they vote for them. Then we had Uara turn into a Zombie everyone knew this, and in the end you had 5 factions fighting for a victory, villagers/wolves/lonewolf/zombie/and the potential village head freak!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can see hwo it would be confusing.

I'll explain it after the game and you can judge then, it was something new to the table since it was a halloween special wolf :D

Calaen

Can see hwo it would be confusing.

I'll explain it after the game and you can judge then, it was something new to the table since it was a halloween special wolf :D

I think that's the problem, it's difficult enough trying to get information from people, and most times people only vote for you because 'A' you don't post much or 'B' my own case I post too much.

Adding another secret element into that creates a shit storm, I always prefered a lone wolf to be able to have his own night actions, that way he could try and help the villagers out. Cramming him in with the rest of the pack means he can't really try and get any of the wolves killed during the day, because they know someone within the group is a loner.

I found playing the part very hard, the second I even mentioned another member of the pack as suspicious I immediately became a target, it was a nothing role.

Calaen

I actually think your right Thad, the normal villager count must have only been
1, who then got zombified.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well if we take out the villagers, 3 wolves, lone wolf, sheriff, nurse, seer and "special" (vanilla wolf right there as i told Ch3tan many times), we're left with one special townie role of mayor(who got killed right away for inactivity).

So if we discount the mayor completely(had no effect on game), it's a rather classic game.

If it was just 7 villagers and 3 wolves, would it be better?

What is the set-up people are looking for?

People want 100% info right away, or are surprises ok?

The problem with this game was inactivity, it would've gone a whole lot different if players had been active.

Calaen

Nah it's good that the villagers have some roles which allow, scouting and protecting.

I think it's numbers and as you rightly said inactivity, there should have only been 3 wolves, two in one pack and one loner unknown to the pack.

Seers, Docs/nurses, vigilant are all good roles for the humans.

What I also like, is if a wolf mother got killed, then her pack would disband into loners, that way the wolves would know each other, but it would add an element of double crossing during the night phases.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What I also like, is if a wolf mother got killed, then her pack would disband into loners, that way the wolves would know each other, but it would add an element of double crossing during the night phases.

That was my idea for the lone wolf, part of the pack, but since no one knows who it is, there's some back-stabbery.

Kind of a balance towards villagers since the wolves aren't a unified front.

The wolf split up is a nice idea, not sure if i can integrate it to the next(might not be wolves at all this time you know ;)), but will surely put it in at some point.

I do need to come up with a contincency(SP?) plan for inactivity, while the inactivity timer works, i might have to play around with a thought of NPC gameplay when the players are a no show.

One idea regarding NPC feature is that it would allow NPC players to increase numbers, as FHOT isn't exactly a wolf hotspot :p

NPCs would ofcourse work with some variables to exclude myself from the decicions.

Also the idea of two GMs battling for world domination has crossed my mind;

Two GMs, own troops (good vs evil), with some powers etc, guidance and see who wins while innocent villagers sit in the middle. That's a very very long way from a finished game though.

Calaen

That was my idea for the lone wolf, part of the pack, but since no one knows who it is, there's some back-stabbery.

That's where it failed though, I could not even be sly about comments against other wolves because as an active player talking about other wolf members I am highlighted straight away. I effectively didn't have a role, by Day I had to try and kill villagers and at night I merely voted for another villager.

I suppose if some of the pack got killed, then it might not have been so bad, but playing against 3 other wolves was not very good odds.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That's where it failed though, I could not even be sly about comments against other wolves because as an active player talking about other wolf members I am highlighted straight away. I effectively didn't have a role, by Day I had to try and kill villagers and at night I merely voted for another villager.

I suppose if some of the pack got killed, then it might not have been so bad, but playing against 3 other wolves was not very good odds.

the lone wolf role should have been the secret/special role. this way it would have worked.

We were told there would be one special role, this was the pyscho, but then we also got zombies. If you are playing it is highly frustrating and confusing to have extra roles thrust on you and makes playing the game less about tactics and more about luck.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
In my opinion, there mustn´t be more than one secret role. Otherwise people are spending too much time trying to figure out what other roles there are, what powers they got and whether they´re good or bad for their goals.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I would prefer no secret roles at all. 100% known preset from the start, and then let the best Werewolf player win. :D

Also, I don't think players who don't confirm their participation should be put in the games. :p

Calo

Part of the furniture
just alway's vote levin out on day 1! i remember him being most of the time a bad guy! ;)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
just alway's vote levin out on day 1! i remember him being most of the time a bad guy! ;)

Heey, I wasn't! I was always the GOOD guy, who happened to always get the innocents killed! :p And then yes, there was the wild west game where i was bad... and possibly a couple other games.. where i wasn't entirely good either.

>.>

<.<

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, it's quite clear how i'll run the next game.

I'll be disclosing all info, write it in "anally detail" mode, will be bringing in new roles, set confirmations on a timer, keep a 48h inactivity rule(ish) and maybe have one secret role.

People don't seem to like surprises in these games, so let's not.

Otherwise might have changes too, but next game should please all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom