WoD Cinematic + Release date reveal

Syri

FH is my second home
So now there's a release date for the release date?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yo+dawg+_edc10eb7abcd31ac3884530987c4d24c.jpg

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Stoked! Hoping for late September to mid October. Seems plausible since every expansion except TBC released pretty much exactly 2 months after the date was announced.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
6.0 shouldn't be far off if they're already announcing the release date, they may give us a 6.0 timeframe at gamescom.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
6.0 will most likely drop about a month in advance of WoD. So definitely not far off :) Me likey.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It wouldn't surprise me if they don't do all the 6.0 testing on the WoD beta servers tbh and just push it straight to live with no PTR tuning, they can always tune before WoD goes live if need be.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Yep, if they follow the same pattern and release in about 2 months, I doubt that they're gonna bother putting it on the PTR. Rumour has it that they're not gonna do mythic testing of the raid instances either. I'm quite happy with the latter, because it'll even out the chances of good guilds unable to test it, the chance to do a realmfirst.
All in all, its looking very promising.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Holy crap.. those are the only two words I can think of right now.. :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Pretty tight frame they got going on, I'm going out on a limb and saying

6.0 will come before the anniversary event (prob september/october)
Anniversary at the start of november
Blizzcon between the anniversary - warlords release
Midnight release for warlords on the 12th (13th when it goes live)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4252-Prepare-for-Battle-The-Pre-Expansion-Iron-Horde-Incursion

6.0 around the corner it seems.

Prepare for Battle: The Pre-Expansion Iron Horde Incursion
It looks like the Patch 6.0 PTR might be coming soon! Be sure to check out our preview of the changes to Blasted Lands and this UBRS video.

warning spoilers

warning spoilers

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
Get ready for first contact with the Iron Horde—oh, and you’ll probably want to prepare yourself for battle. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be testing a pre-expansion patch that will bring players to the brink of great peril, as the Iron Horde begins to aggressively gain a foothold on Azeroth.

As part of this patch, players will encounter fierce new opponents and get their first chance to experience a number of updates we’re making to the game. In addition to changes to the skills and abilities for every class, this patch will introduce brand new features such as 20-player Mythic-difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar, as well as systems adjustments including stat squish and diminishing returns on crowd control. The next chapter in the World of Warcraft saga is coming at you armed to the teeth.

Treacherous Developments
The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.

In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde . . . before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.

Word of this surprise attack sends players rushing to the Blasted Lands to reckon with the barbarous infiltration. After the fall of a high ranking Iron Horde general named Gar’mak Bladetwist, you’ll report what you’ve witnessed in the Blasted Lands to King Wrynn or Warchief Vol’jin. It’s apparent to both the Horde and the Alliance that this is only the first salvo in a much larger conflict, and the only way to win is to take the fight directly to the Iron Horde . . . by journeying through the Dark Portal into Draenor.

The Infiltration of Blackrock Spire
An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on.

Available to level-90 characters for a limited time, this specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde. Here, you will face Orebender Gor'ashan, Kyrak, and Commander Tharbek as you begin to take the fight to the enemy and sharpen the skills (and swords) you’ll need to succeed on an unwelcoming alien world.

Draenor is waiting.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Additional info - i've deleted the final boss to prevent spoilers.. if you dont care about spoilers the final boss is
Grommash Hellscream

Gamescom Dev Interview - Warlords of Draenor Final Boss, Legendary Items, Transmog Revamp
Our friends over at Vanion had the chance to talk to Tom Chilton during Gamescom and came away with some interesting details. The highlights of the interview are below, but be sure to watch the whole thing for additional context.

Final Boss

Legendary Items
  • Warlords of Draenor will have a questline for a legendary ring. The quests start at level 99 and will be less grindy than the Mists of Pandaria quests. The ring will have a visual effect so that players can show off their legendary ring.
  • It is very likely that that will be legendary items other than the ring from the questline.

Future Content Patches
  • A transmogrification system revamp could be in Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also might include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.
  • Tanaan Jungle and maybe Farahlon will be in future content patches, not at launch.
  • Additional dungeons could be added in future patches. There are more dungeons within Draenor that could be added in patches, as well as older dungeons through the Timewalker system.
  • There aren't any class quests planned for Warlords launch right now, but if one fits later in the expansion it is possible.
  • The Warlords patch cycle will be similar to the Mists of Pandaria patch cycle, depending on the timing of the next expansion. "Some of it will depend on the time before the next expansion after Warlords. It is very possible that if we are successful and there is a shorter gap, then we won't necessarily want to have multiple raid tier content patches. Each raid content patch needs about four months to breathe."
  • The patch schedule isn't finalized yet, as a lot of it depends on what players want to see more of once they get through the launch content. Some of it will depend on the scheduling for the next expansion.
  • The length of time beyond Patch 6.1 that you are unable to fly in Draenor will be decided upon by the community as a whole. If players enjoy it then it could last longer. If players overwhelming want flight back by Patch 6.1, then they will most likely get it.

PvP
  • The team would like to add the Nagrand arena to the arena maps, but this isn't final yet. It depends on how work on the next expansion is progressing.
  • There are no plans to add a new battleground in Warlords of Draenor.

Garrisons
  • Garrisons ended up involving all of the different teams and will be a big feature, changing the gameplay of WoW more than any other feature has.
  • More Garrison features or levels are something that could be done in a future content patch.

Misc
  • The Adventure Guide won't make it in for the Warlords launch. It would be more useful as more content is added after launch, so hopefully it will be ready for a future content patch.
  • The World of Warcraft team grew by around 80 people during Mists of Pandaria, which should allow them to produce content faster in the future. This did slow things down in the short term though, which contributed to the delay of Warlords of Draenor.
  • There aren't any scenarios for you to queue for at Level 100 in Warlords right now, but some could be added in future patches. Right now they are mostly used as a storytelling tool while leveling.
  • Warforged items can appear in dungeons now as a nice bonus.

Poag

m00?
Nerrgh
After playing WS to 50 twice, i'm pondering another MMO casual fix (tbh leveling in WS > the rest of ws)

Although i own MOP i've never got to 90, been toying with WoW again or TESO....decisions decisions...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Up to you, i wouldn't bother with TESO though personally, its just not an MMO imo, its a game with more people around, doesn't really have an MMO feel to it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh my god are they gonna fuck around with the lore from WC3 now?!?!?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh my god are they gonna fuck around with the lore from WC3 now?!?!?

Yes and no, its an alternate timeline that has no bearing on our own timeline, nothing will change in our Azeroth from actions on that Draenor. The only thing that would change is if they succeeded in coming through the Dark Portal which we're going to stop.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Up to you, i wouldn't bother with TESO though personally, its just not an MMO imo, its a game with more people around, doesn't really have an MMO feel to it.
Couldn't agree more. TESO was definitely a singleplayer experience with a some multiplayer elements where and there. Not worth it.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Man WoW cinematic clips really make me want to try WoW out for the first time, but it's how I feel with most other games that have been out for years...Starting now, solo how good would it be. Its one of the reasons I never really got going in DAOC I came into it to late, where as games like GW2 and SW:TOR I was able to play and meet people/guilds and generally play the game socially and also do ranked pvp etc; I'd imagine i'd me miles behind in WOW.

EDIT: even though it's a comment on youtube it sounds good, I might have to read into this more.

Major engine improvements that allow for new things like grass physics and darker nights. Garrisons add player housing plus follower system (like SWTOR) where you lvl them up and gear/customize them to send on missions. Ability pruning to get rid of junk and tighten up every class's rotation. Ashran PVP zone to hearken back to vanilla AV where its a BG that last forever and can be joined/left at any time. Timeless Isle rare mobs/rare items to be found is now implemented over the entire new continent. Story mode weekly quests. There are plenty of improvements if you're paying attention.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Pretty tight frame they got going on, I'm going out on a limb and saying

6.0 will come before the anniversary event (prob september/october)
Anniversary at the start of november
Blizzcon between the anniversary - warlords release
Midnight release for warlords on the 12th (13th when it goes live)

Will be interested to see when patch 2.1 for D3 comes out to, they will probably either do it late sept or xmas time maybe ?

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Man WoW cinematic clips really make me want to try WoW out for the first time, but it's how I feel with most other games that have been out for years...Starting now, solo how good would it be. Its one of the reasons I never really got going in DAOC I came into it to late, where as games like GW2 and SW:TOR I was able to play and meet people/guilds and generally play the game socially and also do ranked pvp etc; I'd imagine i'd me miles behind in WOW.

EDIT: even though it's a comment on youtube it sounds good, I might have to read into this more.
There's absolutely no issues getting into WoW this "late". Its at its best state ever to start playing. :)

Poag

m00?
Well i've added a month, logged to my 85 87 and 88...and felt zero energy to play through the MoP stuff :(

Sorted out specs, tidied my bags up a bit, ho humm.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah i got the same feeling when i resubbed a few months ago. Logged in to my warrior and basically just sat there staring at the screen for 10 minutes before logging off again and canceled the sub.

Still on the fence about buying the expansion or not. 45 euro feels a tad steep for a game i'm not even sure i'll enjoy any more.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A transmogrification system revamp could be in Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also might include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.

Oh by the underpants of antonidas let this come sooner then later. All my banks are filled with transmog stuff :p

Himse

FH is my second home
I do miss my warrior, and playing in general, but I just don't have the time to commit to raiding and stuff to experience the full game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh by the underpants of antonidas let this come sooner then later. All my banks are filled with transmog stuff :p

Blizzard need to rip off GW2's transmog system (just skip the transmog "charges" you have to pay real money for) because that one is fucking great, and account wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom