Wizard Spec at 40

C

cleeve

Lo folks

I have a friend (eyema) who is approaching 40 and unsure on what to do with his respec.

He's currently Ice spec and loves his pbaoe but knows that it's not as good as Chanter pbaoe and will get resisted in rvr alot. He has heard that earth spec is the 'best' for rvr but that it is often harder to get pve groups with earth as it isn't quite as uber as ice for pbaoe.

The problem comes from finding level 50 wizards to ask about specs for endgame rvr. We know that Wizards in general aren't as uber as other rvr classes, what we would appreciate is advice from experienced rvr wizzies into a good base rvr spec.

if there are any rvr tactics for wizzies to help them help their group I am sure we would appreciate those as well. I am a sword and shield pally - and I intend to go for defensive pally as wizzie/healer guard when we start rvring.

Thanks for any and all helpful advice :)

M

A

acei

ice is good for both situations i think.

PBAOE is GREAT for Lord room defense

MoC makes you GREAT in RvR

With other ice wizzies you can easily wipe out a sizeable chunk of a zerg.

Earth is great for keep takes and defense.

H

hercules-df

stay ice so u can quickly get to 50, earth has more utility spells than ice but no proper nuke, spamming aoe root will annoy the enemy tho as does gtaoe, its bolt is quite uber also :) Ice is much simpler to play and just as good fun once u start getting pbaoe off on lots of ppl :) gtaoe hits a shitload of ppl from safety but hardly ever kills any1.
Now if speccing 50 earth turned gtaoe into a dot effect, YUM!

M

makgsnake

stay ice from 40-50 (will go alot quicker) .. then chose from there.

im respeccing to fire next patch as i was born and bread using fire and miss it alot :p (can also solo for money)

O

old.Wildfire

fire and ice are both about the same for RvR imo, ice is better for pve though

M

Madonion Slicer

My Earth Wiz is and has been asleep for a long time due to no one and i mean no one wanting a Earth Wizard in their xping group, i mean they rather pick an infiltrator than have you in.

With single line respecs open today i will become an Ice Wizard, dont really want to but you dont have a lot of choice.

Once i am 50 i might come to love Pbaoe but i know i will want to go back to Earth so i just see how lucky i can get on Raids at Sidi and Dragon for a single line respec again.

E

--Eraser--

my experience for wizzies in rvr:

ice pbaoe rocks, but you need a good group for getting its full advantage in the open field. no question about the wallroom / keepdoor / lord situation, ice wizzies are just uber there :)

but lets see what the patch today brings. beside VP its the fixed bolts im waiting for, as they where close to total useless in RvR so far. and i think the fire wizzies might get most out of that and maybe become a bit more popular.

btw ice and fire wiz together are a good combo, if the ice wiz also uses his debuffs!

E

earath

Totally depends on what type of RvR activities you'll do most IMO

Earth is by far and away the most versitile - and fab for keep defense, downside = getting a group

Ice has the almighty PBAOE - which tho resisted quite a lot does a LOT of damage, downside = getting very close to enemy player u die a lot

Fire - i'm specced fire and find that bolts don't get used much (patch is today so they should b fixed now) because of the miss rate, DD's are very powerful. Downside = getting to 50 because everyone wants an Ice Wiz in Avalon City, and people will ignore the fact that you still do a lot of damage because Ice is the FoTM in there

I used to have an Ice Wiz on Nimue (RR6L4) so i know how powerful they can be in RvR.

Think about what you want to do more than anything else - then respec to the appropriate line

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom