Wiz RAs

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
Yes another what RAs should I get thread :D
Ive been looking at the VNboards and anything else I can find. Still a little low rr atm but not sure what path of RAs I should take.

Im an Ice wiz and use BB dex and dex qui most of the time.

Was going for, mcl, Purge, MoC, couple passive, mcl2, more passive, rp then the rest.

But Im finding that MoC maybe useful before purge. I get interupted more than I get stunned/mezzed. Im not sure if getting mota first may be good. Does 9%(mota3) make much difference when you have the top dex buffs ?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Ariacs said:
Yes another what RAs should I get thread :D
Ive been looking at the VNboards and anything else I can find. Still a little low rr atm but not sure what path of RAs I should take.

Im an Ice wiz and use BB dex and dex qui most of the time.

Was going for, mcl, Purge, MoC, couple passive, mcl2, more passive, rp then the rest.

But Im finding that MoC maybe useful before purge. I get interupted more than I get stunned/mezzed. Im not sure if getting mota first may be good. Does 9%(mota3) make much difference when you have the top dex buffs ?

Without, any respeccing, I would suggest:

MCL1 -> MOC -> Purge -> Volcanic Pillar -> Mota1 -> Mom 1 -> Mota2 -> Mom2 -> WP1 -> MCL2 -> Raging power -> More passives

Or something like that :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
With the VP nerf i think WP 3 and MOM 2 would be better instead or MOTA 3 and Aug Dex 2, 14 points for VP after nerf seems quite a bit...and besides a pbaoe class with mota 3+moc+purge+wp 3=insane damage with about 1s pbaoe probably or near it anyway(when buffed).

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
With the VP nerf i think WP 3 and MOM 2 would be better instead or MOTA 3 and Aug Dex 2, 14 points for VP after nerf seems quite a bit...and besides a pbaoe class with mota 3+moc+purge+wp 3=insane damage with about 1s pbaoe probably or near it anyway(when buffed).

Taking WP higher than MOM is silly imo.

MOM = 3% more damage.
WP = 1.25% more damage

What would you prefer?

And VP had radius a bit nerfed, but 500 radius is still huge.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
have to agree with the above i had mom 3 wich gave me a pretty decent nuke even pre patch 1.65 i also had wp 3 for a while but every time i checked my logs after a fight i didn't see much crits so wp 3 is realy a waist for rvr , if you wish to use your wiz for pve then consider taking wp 2 but not higher

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
disagree...my fire wiz atm has WP2 and the crits he gets in RvR are constant and pretty good...though i dont RvR with him much...
...i cant complain when am bolting and dd'ing and get crits that are a 3rd of my orginal dmg...e.g bolt for 600dmg + 200crit..so in total 800dmg!..obviously the amout of crits i get and the dmg varies....before i got WP2 i hardly got any crits at all!

atm my wiz has Acuity 3, MoTA 1, MoM 1, WP 2, Serenity 3, Mcl...but hes only rr4 and i mainly use him for PvE as fire wizs arent wanted for RvR...but if i could RvR with him constantly then i personally would take MoM +WP to lvl4...because from the dmg and crits ive done...its well worth it!

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
For WP to be better / as good as MOM you're implying that the RA is bugged. I'd have to see some extensive logs before I'd believe that.

If not, the numbers remain.

MOM = 3% more damage.
WP = 1.25% more damage.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
For WP to be better / as good as MOM you're implying that the RA is bugged. I'd have to see some extensive logs before I'd believe that.

If not, the numbers remain.

MOM = 3% more damage.
WP = 1.25% more damage.

i never said it was better or bugged...i just said that since ive got WP2...i've had more crits with decent dmg then i did without it...and i would personally get it to lvl4 going on what ive seen from my own dmg / crit rate...but bear in miind like i said above the crit rate and dmg varies...i dont crit everytime...and i dont get decent dmg every time....sometimes on a bolt ive had a crit of 50dmg...other times ive had a crit for 300+...dont know if that varies because of class/armour/resists or what

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt really matter. To many high rr / tank groups about. TLW low rr group cant do much. Always a Druid/Shaman spamming AE root so we just die. Have tried different group setups and tactics but nothing really helping. So just gonna stop playing my wiz.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ariacs said:
Doesnt really matter. To many high rr / tank groups about. TLW low rr group cant do much. Always a Druid/Shaman spamming AE root so we just die. Have tried different group setups and tactics but nothing really helping. So just gonna stop playing my wiz.

this is the problem with wiz groups. rely totally on the ability of the sorc, they screw up, the group buggered to put it nicely. they do their job then you wont be getting inturpts.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Alb caster grps work. They are not as easy to play as melee, but I do believe that if you have the right players and put a lot of effort into it, you'll be rewarded.

I remember I started gathering Icewiz grps last autumn some time. At that point, Erodafira was the only active Wizard albion had. Started out with groups with rr2-people, non-sc'ed but we did ok to a certain extent :) It's been a while since I've done regular wiz groups, but last time I did it we beat Maelstrom and had lots of nice fights. The situtation has changed a bit too, many wizards now hold high realm ranks, and more are active in RvR (mainly thanks to Erodafira at the moment).

And as far as WP goes, unless you claim it's bugged, it IS 1.25% more damage. That's pure math. 5% more chance to crit, average crit is 25% = 1.25%.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
And as far as WP goes, unless you claim it's bugged, it IS 1.25% more damage. That's pure math. 5% more chance to crit, average crit is 25% = 1.25%.

like i said above am claiming nothing...or debating the maths...am just saying from my own personal experience...i think its worth taking above lvl2 along with MoM <sigh>

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:
like i said above am claiming nothing...or debating the maths...am just saying from my own personal experience...i think its worth taking above lvl2 along with MoM <sigh>

Fine :)

However, all RA's have to be weighed against your other options. I'm not saying never take MOM above lvl 2. I'm just saying at lower realm rank's, there are RA's to invest in that will, in my opinion, give you a better trade off.

Altho I'm not that awfully familiar with wizards. I would suggest you asked some experienced Enchanters for help how they would spec their RA's. Just keep in mind that Hibs lack power regen buff in most groups, and hence will have better use from RA's to help that.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Fine :)

However, all RA's have to be weighed against your other options. I'm not saying never take MOM above lvl 2. I'm just saying at lower realm rank's, there are RA's to invest in that will, in my opinion, give you a better trade off.

Altho I'm not that awfully familiar with wizards. I would suggest you asked some experienced Enchanters for help how they would spec their RA's. Just keep in mind that Hibs lack power regen buff in most groups, and hence will have better use from RA's to help that.

aye agree....at low rr things like moc purge are needed....things like mom wp dont come till probably rr5+...even with sorcs mana regen i found i was still running out of power...hence why i got serenity 3...if my wiz was rvr active he probably would also have raging power before mom / wp...but as he aint fotm ice spec...hes more or less specced for Pling now :D

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe it's 1.25% from your formula but pbaoe with wp2... and it's definetly not 3% more dmg... more like 10-20%.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Maybe it's 1.25% from your formula but pbaoe with wp2... and it's definetly not 3% more dmg... more like 10-20%.

Then you are claiming it is bugged :)

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
haha wiz ra's

Stuff mcl if ya going ice and most likly are why bother with mcl if ya gona havea sorc /mincer in grp anyways and tbh if ya dont automaticly cary 10 or so manapots ya silly,tbh mcl waste of rpees as if grp sucsesful between fights youl regen mana with sorc crack and a pot to boost it above 50% and ya got those xtra rpees for moa moc purge whatever!!
im still fire atmo with moa 4 mom2 and aload of other stuff and tbh nerf trying to run away from my cast speed if i live long enough to use it:p
bolt bolt dd dd dd in under somit silly like 5 seconds :p with buffs

Deld

Loyal Freddie
I'm rr6l3 atm the ra's i have atm are:
mcl > purge > aa3 > moc > vp

After vp i plan to get mcl2 and then rp. Passives are nice but i feel the bonuses that toa gear can supply is enough until i can get higher realm rank and afford some passives. Atm i'm going all actives and even after nerf vp is still a nice combo with moc.

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Damnnationx said:
Stuff mcl if ya going ice and most likly are why bother with mcl if ya gona havea sorc /mincer in grp anyways and tbh if ya dont automaticly cary 10 or so manapots ya silly,tbh mcl waste of rpees as if grp sucsesful between fights youl regen mana with sorc crack and a pot to boost it above 50% and ya got those xtra rpees for moa moc purge whatever!!
im still fire atmo with moa 4 mom2 and aload of other stuff and tbh nerf trying to run away from my cast speed if i live long enough to use it:p
bolt bolt dd dd dd in under somit silly like 5 seconds :p with buffs

This was one of the hardest posts to understand I've ever seen.

Atleast if you go ice and wanna go RvR Moc > all (only have personal experience of spiritmaster but in that case it was atleast). Purge is also nice, not very funny to blow off moc to get slammed the second after.

Mastery of the art and Wild power are other ra's that are nice for a ice wizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom