With the arrival soon of TOA

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
With the arrival soon of TOA will the gulf between "hardcore" and "casual" players become even wider? Will "casual" players simply become extinct?

Discuse please...

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
With the arrival soon of TOA will the gulf between "hardcore" and "casual" players become even wider? Will "casual" players simply become extinct?

Discuse please...

Here is someones oppinion whos played ToA on US servers.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
With ToA, new games up and coming like WoW, Ryzom, DE etc etc the answer is probably yes to both.

Arakasi

Fledgling Freddie
lol at the underwater pets, now Steveirwin can finally get a crocodile as pet :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
I dont like ToA, i cba to do the 'levelling' all over, i wont buy it ill just stop cuz the game didnt really became what i had hoped it would be...

i would want to play the RvR expansion, but the prob with europe is WoW will probably be here earlier, so i wont be seeing that either

i had hoped they would have fixed all the bugged things in this game, but cash making bullshit expansions have a priority.
the constant adding of abilities is ruining the game, especially cuz they never check back on the old things, they just make something in 5 hours to make people happy (half of the RA's were bugged when the system was released),
ive been beta testing this game for long enough now and it will never be released

so have fun with ToA if you can...

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
I dont like ToA, i cba to do the 'levelling' all over, i wont buy it ill just stop cuz the game didnt really became what i had hoped it would be...

i would want to play the RvR expansion, but the prob with europe is WoW will probably be here earlier, so i wont be seeing that either

i had hoped they would have fixed all the bugged things in this game, but cash making bullshit expansions have a priority.
the constant adding of abilities is ruining the game, especially cuz they never check back on the old things, they just make something in 5 hours to make people happy (half of the RA's were bugged when the system was released),
ive been beta testing this game for long enough now and it will never be released

so have fun with ToA if you can...

Did you read my mind.....?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Amelyn said:
Did you read my mind.....?

its something most players with common sense would see, the concept of daoc is great, but it has been 'damaged-over-time' :rolleyes:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
TBH DAOC has pretty much since RA had a hudge gap between the casual player and the hardcore gamer. I meen 1 or 2 or even 3 pickup groups will more or less always get pawn'd by high RR gank groups who have put in days mounth's etc of playtime to get up RR and who opperate in specific group set ups.

But apart from RvR for the majority of people who are lv 50 and arn'tin a) in a RvR based guild b) a FOTM charecter there is to little to do after they ding. The quests that should make up the base of a RPG are pretty few and far between added to the fact that most of the quest rewards and xp on the old land are Pretty cack. If loot drops (apart from sidi) were anyway near as good as crafted/sc'd stuff then their would still be some reason to explore etc.

Which is what TOA will give us is a whole new world to explore with items that are = or better to the SC set up we use at the moment and can be got solo or in a small group.. The Master lv's will add some depth to your charecter with new skills and abilities (Some of these will be shit some wil be overpower'd etc). But tbh with out TOA DAOC is gonna get stale very quickly.

Lastly take the MM out of the DAOc and u got a pretty crap game. Its the People that make DAOC fun.. if the people stay it will be good .. if not its gonna be dire.

On a differn't note WoW Looks fecking ace :wub:

NecromancerBane

Fledgling Freddie
TBH WoW looks like a cartoony hack'n'slash diet mmorpg based on diablo.

Gimme EQ2 or MEO imo.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
EQ was Gash... EQ2 is EQ with jazz'd up graphics will still be Gash

NecromancerBane

Fledgling Freddie
EQ is the best mmorpg out atm except for the coma enducing exp ladder which is removed in EQ2 so i guess it wont be "gash"

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Maybee but if u Looked @ the website for WoW u would see that it's not just a hack and slash.... seem's they actualy have learn'd from the mistakes of Previous MMORPG when they were developing it.

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
you don't want .7 second cast time and bodyguard?

Issue seems to be the time and resource needed to get those abilities, correct me if i am wrong.

Most "older" players have quite a few lvl50's and have been thro the Xp grind (be it traditional or PL'D) a few times and i feel that the need to go xp "items" and go thro ML's is going to be a bit much.

There are players out there that play maybe for an hour or two every other day, how will they get such "uber" items and ML's? cant see it myself.

Seems like you either need to invest alot of time in the game or get totally pwned in pvp situations by those who have spent <10 hours a day getting all this kit.

just my 2p :p

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
It'll come narrower, 'cause everybody got access to uber stuff.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
ToA has some lovely ideas just some master lvs are way too strong, but least it gives us something to do but i wish we had frontiers :(

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
No you are not wrong aboutthe amount of time taken to get MLs if - and its a big if - some of the European server populations have enough players to do the MLs. Maybe Pry Hibs should retire from RvR for a few months and do nothing but ToA.

I checked the link out above and one of the posters said to just ignore the VN boards as they are just rants. All boards are - in the main - critical of ToA not just the VN boards. The Amazon.com reviews. Mythics own response speaks volumes. The volume of posts is huge and they haven't stopped. The saying there's no smoke without fire springs to mind.

ToA patches are still coming thick and fast and yet they have announced a release date. Worrying. It would be nice to see a Friday post on the European server saying something like: all reported bugs have been fixed or will be fixed with a pre-launch patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom