Witcher Series any good?

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've seen the review's which suggest it is i was just looking for a few freddy views, i'm bored this weekend and fancy an RPG.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought the first one was excellent, though some people don't like it. Not got around to playing the second, waiting for it to be in the sale.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thanks, storywise is it decent?

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's very, very interesting storywise. They've managed to do the whole grey morality thing very well. The first one is a bit... aged, mechanicswise. But it's fun, it needs you to think for yourself and most of the choices are actually real choices with big consequences you can't always foresee. And as I said, it's very very grey. There's no obvious good or bad choice. Often it's picking between two bads and hoping it'll all go well. The world is very bleak, and the story and choices reflects that.

Witcher 2 does away with all the aged mechanics, but keeps the story aspects but does it bigger in every way possible. I can't think of any RPG where your choices matters more, or are where the decisions are harder to make. The combat is also kind of fun, challenging, tactical and fast paced. I'd say it's my favourite RPG from last year, ahead of Skyrim by quite a bit.

I'd wait with the 2nd one until they release the 360 version though - they'll be updating the PC version at the same time with lots of new content, quests, areas, more cutscenes, a new intro, a new outro... CD Project Red is actually kind of fantastic when it comes to supporting their games. And they do it free of charge, no bullshit DLC. If you own the game, you get the stuff.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I played the first one but not the 2nd (I did hear the first was the better of the 2 tho)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I played the GOTY first one, and tbh thought it was brill. Some cool quirks in there imo. Haven't played numero duo though.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
playing the first one which i got off the sales on and off and yep its better than i thought it would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom