Wish me luck...

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Off for my medical and psychological test early in the morning tomorrow, for the Royal Airforce reserves :)

See if I'm fit enough for them :p

Gotta get up at 4 am to catch the train of 5 am here, and tests start at 8:30 am 200km west of here :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
veel geluk chappy, hope you pass!

Laddey

FH is my second home
best of luck mate. 15mins and you will be starting!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Well, rather poor outcome...

According to their psychological test, I'm socially not strong enough. However they got to that... I don't know and it's not at all how I am, in my opinion. Tried to get the ruling changed, but to no avail. I'm out for a year, and can try again next year.

Rather disappointed of this result... :|

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
you mean mentally strong enough? If you've done all that hard work training, why not try for police or fire services instead? Rather than waiting a year and possibly not being let through again.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
you mean mentally strong enough? If you've done all that hard work training, why not try for police or fire services instead? Rather than waiting a year and possibly not being let through again.

Thing is, the army reserves is a weekend- and eveningjob, so you can do it besides your regular job. You are required to attend 96 hours per year (2 workdays per month).
I've thought about joining the police, but that would probably kill my mechanical engineering career forever, which I'm very reluctant to do. I like the idea of being able to do something back for society, like you would with the reserves in case of calamities, yet I also still like mechanical engineering, so don't want to give that up completely.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Do you not have part-time police in Holland? We have special constables and community support officers in the UK, basically part-time police with reduced powers.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Do you not have part-time police in Holland? We have special constables and community support officers in the UK, basically part-time police with reduced powers.

Sorry, should be 192 hours per year up there, but can't edit anymore.
Also, no, we don't really have temp police. We do have something similar, but it's full time, and reduced power. They are a complete joke though...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sorry to hear this Inga, you said it was for the Royal Airforce reserves, is there a version of the territorial army you could try?

Don't be put off - a year isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things, perhaps if you give it a year and try again you'll have found something from the experience to make a difference?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
what I'd suggest is to just try and find out excatly why they didn't pick you and what can be done about it. Like for job interviews if you don't get it ask how you can work to remedy it for the next opportunity.

Don't worry about it though, I'm sure it is disappointing but you have a whole year to get yourself tip top and unrefusable for the next interview :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom