Wish me luck...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Just got home with all the components of a yummy new shuttle system.. Radeon 9800 pro... 1gig Kingston RAM... lets hope I can get it all together until tonight...

If not - it was nice to know you guys. :p

R

Rigon-Noir-

Have fun and good luck.

Good choice on the 9800 pro, never used anything other than Nvidia upto buying that (300 quid as well :)) but what a great card, i can honestly say it's one of the few major purchases PC wise i've actually been totally satisfied with.

O

old.ivan

Congratz on new "uber" hardware Uncle, hope it helps yer aim as well as fps ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Sitting at the wife's desk, fuming at the moment... the fecker at the store told me that there was thermal grease included with the processor.

Fuck... now I gotta go and get thermal grease somewhere.
Not like that store was around the corner or something - no, it's on the other end of the god damn city... :eek:

*curses some more*

Ivan - rejoin your outfit. You have been AWOL long enough. ;)

J

Jupitus

ahhh the irony... when you have so much *other* grease available too, according to Turamber:p

;)

S

Spinky

Make sure the mobo bios thing is set to 8xagp for the radeon4tehwin!1 :x

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It's working :D

Will post pics of teh beauty once I get our digicam back from repairs. *sighs in delight*

O

old.tRoG

Yummy, lubricants.

I considered working myself into a bit more debt and building a super comp, to 0wnz0r at tfc, etc. the other day... Then realised it's not worth it, until the local exchange gets bb enabled :(

Anyhow... we want pictures! Raaaah!

O

old.ivan

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

Ivan - rejoin your outfit. You have been AWOL long enough. ;)

I will, as soon as i get my hands off this lossmaking project that needs fixing. Cant even get a week off till mid december. But hopefully, end of this month ... first week of october.

PS : post piccies of your upgraded machine so we all can die of envy ;)

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.ivan
PS : post piccies of your upgraded machine so we all can die of envy ;)

I won't... I have a new P4 processor, gig of ram and 400 Mhz fsb system anyway :p :p :p

I still suck at PS though :D

Users who are viewing this thread