Rant Wish Apple fack off please

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Claiming click link to number dialling and forcing HTC to work around it WTF!
I mean really why don't Microsoft take the whole of freakin Apple to court for pinching the whole touchscreen/icon phone.
From a company that has invented......er..the mouse.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I remember, as a very young nerd, perhaps 2-3 years old, earliest memories i have actually, clicking and playing on a computer in a convention. Might have been missile commander even. It was magical, so new and so...exciting. My path was set right then and there. It was an apple.

Be it as it may, my hate for touchphones and the likes, i still can appreciate that without apple we might not be posting here.

Job

Yeah, but when you got your 2nd Apple, you had to buy missile command again.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never did get an apple afterall :D

Sharp MZ-800, with a godsdaamned floppydrive!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wish the same thing but it could've been a lot worse for HTC, they were originally fighting 10 separate patent disputes and have only been ruled against for the one. It's something they can address and it probably won't even interrupt their sales.

Job

Tis funneh,I imagined all scandinavians started with some Russian valve powered device smuggled over the border.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well my first console was a taiwanese thing called Creation, that ran any nintendo game from "legal" cartridges :p

Syri

FH is my second home
I think that particular patent is a bit ridiculous. I remember owning a Sony Ericsson that could save numbers from text messages or dial them, and that was long before the iphone was around.
The whole patent system is a mess though. You've got patent lawsuits firing off left right and centre, and it's just stopping anything from being done. Instead of pushing innovation, it's just making it harder to produce something the same as someone else. The patent trolling companies are the worst though, just a company that owns patents and nothing else, and just make a living from suing people who infringe them.
I think they should only be able to patent something that they have an active implementation of, either in actual use or at least in a prototype with a view to production. I also think that they should only be able to patent something that hasn't been done by someone else already, even if they didn't patent it. I kinda see the point of patents, to a certain extent, as they allow you to protect your own hard work. The system is just being abused at the moment though, and it's getting pretty damn pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom