Wireless Solution? Pic Attached

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh will do.

Tried wireless last night on daoc, worked a treat; so hoping everything will be ok ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yeh will do.

Tried wireless last night on daoc, worked a treat; so hoping everything will be ok ;)

your ping was ok?

:m00:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
your ping was ok?

I mean I tried wireless connecting to old router, not via access point. Installing the new router later so will find out.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
After sorting the router out, I am pleased to say I am online in computer room in B :)

Gotta find optimal position for access point and possibly get an antenna, but no lag at all in DAOC :)

Thanks scorge!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing now is to increase the reception to decrease noise levels.

It works fine, but there's the odd touch of packetloss between the Router in A and the Access Point at B.

I'll put an antenna between the router and access point; there are 2 antennas on the back (crap toothpick ones ofc) - can I simply replace either?

Brite

Banned
there will always be packetloss with wireless it seems because it is shit, stear clear of it ;/

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
there will always be packetloss with wireless it seems because it is shit, stear clear of it ;/

You obviously haven't read the thread.

I've balanced things out without antennas and I've had zero packetloss over last 30 mins. Rah.

Brite

Banned
somtimes you will somtimes you wont, i find wireless networks very tempremental, i have had 3 wireless routers along with 3 different cards all from different companys and tried different combinations and so many settings, different isps, different buildings but i always seem to get packetloss every few seconds for a split second or longer and thats so annoying for gameing. thats just from having the router downstairs and the pc upstairs, in the future ill stay away from wireless unless i have no other choice, but for now.... im stuck with it

if you have any ideas to get rid of the ploss fire away because its so annoying i really want to get rid of it

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Well,

I just moved antenna a little, and have had no lag/packetloss or even a spike over 3ms in the last 2-3 hours.

Absolutely brilliant.

Will get antennas to get even better rate.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Your wirless network still ok eggy? thought i would just chase up in case you needed any more help.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Working fine mate:)

The only thing I need is a few antennas to boost the signal. If theyre cheap, I dont mind buying one for each section of the network. However, there are two antennas already attached to the Linksys Router/Acess Point, so I'm not sure how they are used.

Gotta find a place in UK that sells them too.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
have a look at the pic below, shows how the antennas fix on. You have to remove the existing ones :) Havent found a uk supplier but link should help your search

http://www.hdcom.com/links.html

two antenna bundle, Two 5.0 dBi Omni directional/ indoor/antennas each with a 8 inch cables for your WAP11, BEFW11S4, WAP54G, WRT54G, Includes Two mounting brackets and Two Velco patches.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Scorge, I'll get a few of those high-gain antenna kits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom