Wireless keyboard

Clown

Part of the furniture
What's a good wireless keyboard ON IT'S OWN? It seems the only nice ones are in bundles and are more expensive. I want a wireless keyboard that lets me press more than 3 arrow keys at the same time, unlike my cheapo Logitech wired keyboard. I also need the buttons above the arrows to be normal. The Microsoft ones only have 5 buttons up there and they're going the wrong way. What the hell is up with that?

Thanks in advance.

<==

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Afaik the good wireless keyboards are the bluetooth ones, the best of which all come with mice... The DiNovo being top of the crop there in my humble opinion...

Just a pity Logitech don't bother opening up the APIs to get at their mediapad display, it has so much potential.

What's your budget?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I don't have a budget, but that won't stop me paying stupid money for something that isn't worth it.
I don't like the DiNovo ones because they numpad breaks away, and even when put right next to the keyboard, it's too far away to be comfortable for gaming.

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
On a similar topic - does anyone know of wireless keyboard/mice combo's that work at 5-10 metres from the PC? I'd like to use them by the TV/projector when the PC is at the other end of the room...

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
I have a Logitech MX set, I've used it like 15 metres from the PC. Even had a wall between. Oh, that keyboard is nice as well. Shame about the shite drivers.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I don't need another mouse, and I don't want an empty mouse base unit for the keyboard to talk to :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I spent AT LEAST 30 seconds looking on google and couldn't find a seperate bluetooth keyboard.

I've got the Logitech MX900 bluetooth keyboard and mouse set and tbh it's fucking class. Ditch your current mouse and go for that set. It's worth it.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
iirc Clown has an MX510 and MX1000 - don't think he wants a third logitech mouse :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I don't want a wired keyboard anymore.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I've got an IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth, it's a lovely mouse. Starting to regret not buying the mouse + kb set though as you def. can't buy the keyboard on its own. You mentioned you didn't want an MS one so I'll just move along now anyway ...

Clown

Part of the furniture
I don't mind an MS keyboard if they don't have a fucked up shape and strangely placed buttons :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
phlash said:
On a similar topic - does anyone know of wireless keyboard/mice combo's that work at 5-10 metres from the PC? I'd like to use them by the TV/projector when the PC is at the other end of the room...

Do you have any other sources of RF in the same room? Sometimes, asking several devices to work together is like shouting in the ear of someone who is trying to have a conversation with another person. They may be on separate frequencies, but they still overload oneanother.

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Tom - no I don't have any other RF thingys (apart from the mobile phone)..

A bit of Googling came up with the Focus FK-730 (but nobody appears to sell them) or the Interlink Electronics VersaPoint RF (very expensive - 130 quid for a keyboard!). Fancy top of the range bluetooth might work but is equally silly money. The quest continues..

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
It's just the Insert, Home, Pg Up, group of keys that are slightly mangled. Go with Bluetooth.

A friend of mine has a normal wireless (not bluetooth) mouse and it lags whenever he sends/receives a text message or using GPRS, also has problems when near other people with the same mouse (easily fixed when just 2 people, but harder when lots e.g. LANs with lots of people using it). Whereas my bluetooth has never lagged when near phones, other RF devices and doesn't even think about stuttering when near other bluetooth mooses.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I bought my bluetooth microsoft keyboard from O/C UK without a mouse and its okay. Does the job and is funky midnight blue.

I wouldnt recommend the microsoft bluetooth mouse though as it tends to get lost and is a bugger to sort out (not so bad now with SP2)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm not against a bluetooth keyboard. I just didn't want that Logitech bluetooth one because the keypad breaks off. I'll look at the one on OCUK, but if the buttons are mangled then I'm gonna have to pass. I need those buttons for games :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I like that one Kenny, but I've recently learnt that the only wireless keyboards that Logitech do are in bundles.
Confirm/Deny

OCUK don't sell wireless keyboards alone either :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Clown said:
I like that one Kenny, but I've recently learnt that the only wireless keyboards that Logitech do are in bundles.
Confirm/Deny

OCUK don't sell wireless keyboards alone either :(

AFAIK, they only sell them in bundles. Part of the reason I guess is that the mouse's docking station doubles as the actual bluetooth antennae.

Gray

It's my birthday today!
Ive just figured out the problem with the so many key presses thing.

Go to the accessibilty options (That thing where "StickyKeys" is).
Second option down>"FilterKeys" - Thats the reason i THINK as to why the keyboards stop responding.

Its nothing to do with Logitech or the keyboard - But the Operating System itself

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Not exactly true. Some radio keyboards can only send either 2 or 4 keypresses at a time. Likewise AT was only wired to allow 3 simultanoeus keypresses, newer AT keyboards (if there is such a thing) managed 4 or so with a bit of a wiring hack...

Filterkeys isn't switched on unless you enable it upon installation, none of the accessibility stuff is.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I am dumb

I ju pilled oke all oer my keyboard.

k.jpg

I ould be ok wen i drie I gue bu I mig a well ge myelf a new keuboard.

Any uggeion? Mega eap pleae.

Ceap

Ceap ff upid keyboard

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
It would have been OK if you'd cleaned it up rather than taking a photo I'll bet ;)

But seriously, for gaming? Or just pootling around Windows? Budget?

Xav

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure what you'd get for a fiver now, but it's unlikely many people here will be using them :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got some logitech deluxe thingy from pc world, 15 squids. I've already pulled the stupid windows buttons off it, they get in the way when gaming :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom