Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for bluetooth

L

LTF

Anyone seen these, look pretty funky, was thinking of getting one for my laptop.

I guess they come with a usb adapter, if ive got bluetooth builtin to my machine, it should be able to pick it up without that if i install the software, right?

X

Xavier

no, fraid not - the software which handles the pairing of hid-class devices is currently only available in the ms bluetooth stack...

E

Embattle

Originally posted by d0nk3h
Anyone seen these, look pretty funky, was thinking of getting one for my laptop.

I guess they come with a usb adapter, if ive got bluetooth builtin to my machine, it should be able to pick it up without that if i install the software, right?

I wouldn't bother since, unlike the MX700, it doesn't have a charging unit.

S

(Shovel)

*strokes MX-700*

Is it really necesary to have Bluetooth mice though? Especially when they are priced so high? What is wrong with existing wireless tech?

Or is this all about lap tops?

J

Jonty

I agree that if you already own a decent mouse, wired or not, then there's little compelling reason to upgrade. However, if you do need new kit, and you can afford it, Bluetooth does have the edge it terms of forward compatibility.

More importantly, Bluetooth, unlike InfraRed, doesn't require line of site. So if the receiver gets buried under a pile of paper work, it'll work just as well as it normally would. And then there's Bluetooth's enhanced range (although how far you could realistically work away from your computer screen is questionable).

Kind Regards

P

PR.

I have a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (non-bluetooth) at work, and it repeatedly falls asleep while being used. You can be reading a webpage click on a link go to move the mouse and its switched off, you then end up having to grope it to get it back on :(

The only reason I keep it is cos, I like the feel of it

S

(Shovel)

MX700 does have a sleep mode but I've never had it kick in while doing anything.

The MX700 also doesn't need line of site, which is also very nice.

To be honest, if to use the new MS Bluetooth stuff you need to use a MS customised Bluetooth standard I fail to see its use? I mean, if you want to use it with a laptop then you don't want other stuff plugged in surely??

Sounds like a gimmik...

L

LTF

My wired Intellimouse explorer is on its last legs, i think i'll go for the MX700 having looked at the logitech website.

£60 when you have a touchpad is a bit much but if youre using it all day then you get wankers cramp :(

Users who are viewing this thread