Wireless indoor cameras?

Gray

FH is my second home
I'm looking at enquiring about some wireless indoor security cameras to be dotted around the mother in laws house. Currently my mrs is living with me a good 50 miles away and her mother lives on her own and is in relative poor health.

She still has family which live around the corner but she hardly has anyone coming around to visit her.

A few nights ago she had a visit from one of the family however who found that she was acting strange, when he came back about 10-15 minutes later he found her collapsed in the kitchen and was rushed to hospital. This was a very anxious night because we being 50 miles away didn't know what was happening.

Thankfully it's all somewhat okay now,and some family members have agreed to step up to see her more often, whether it stays like this is anyones guess.

So as a bit of a band-aid i know that there is a huge host of WiFi wireless cameras available - But what would be the best bang for buck? We don't want to spend a lot and we're probably looking at about 3 cameras minimum dotted around the house.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you wanna go the dlan route, checkout devolos livecam.
You'll get way less issues than using wifi.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Actually I dunno if i'd use that, its 640x480, but you don't need a devolo plug, any will do. So there might be better ethernet IP cams out there. I'll take a look seeing as I might want a few myself.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It sounds like you just want to log in and check up on her occasionally so no recording or anything required? I've heard good things about Axis network cameras (example), although I think they might be a bit over-spec'ed and pricey for what you're after.

Gray

FH is my second home
No recording is required, just visual checkups really. She doesn't have as far as i'm aware a vast amount of money so buying a single camera for £80+ will probably be too far out of reach specially as we want a couple.

I did happen to check HotDeals a few days ago coincidentally for something else and came across an Indoor Wanscam which are £25 each. I'm often wary of these Chinese ones though (Since i've had experiences of the cheaper car dashcams!). The quality doesn't have to be immense after all, it just has to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom