Winning?

O

old.TheFink

Help a noob out here.... it appears from the maps that Midguard are in a seriously strong position on Prydwen. Can they actually win? What happens if they capture all the forts and all the relics?

Just so I know what to expect

thanks

TheFink aka Kalum (Cleric) aka Taliesan (Sorcerer)

L

Lanceloc

No one realm ever wins, they just dominate!

X

Xtro

The screen goes black and the words GAME OVER appear. Then GOA send you a refund cheque and a copy of Shadowbane.

O

old.TheFink

LMAO.... okay I said I was a noob but I meant at this game only :p

I believe the money back and copy of Shadowbane... but a BLACK screen?!!! That is SOOO yesterday man ;)

O

old.Veritreus

Originally posted by TheFink
LMAO.... okay I said I was a noob but I meant at this game only :p

I believe the money back and copy of Shadowbane... but a BLACK screen?!!! That is SOOO yesterday man ;)

Yes, everyone knows that it actually just pretends you hit the windows key and crashes you back to your desktop... but I know better cos I lever mine off with a screwdriver each time I play! Haha, I have proof now Mythic! :D

S

SFXman

Nothing happens :)
But of course if all relics are held by one realm they will be stronger...
Also when we get the latest patches, the realm with most keeps gets access to the epic dungeon, Darkness Falls.

O

old.Kelmon

Unfortunately, Darkness Falls will be in patch 1.49, so we ain't getting that for months to come. Let's see how many more weeks they need to get 1.48 up and running, shall we?

I just hope they're do 1.49+1.50 and futher at that time. (Seeing as Mythic is pushing a update each two weeks, my guess will be 1.49-1.53.)

I just hope the patches don't 'stack', meaning each patch will take longer to translate than the previous one, so we'll get further and further behind. :/

L

Lanceloc

Originally posted by Kelmon
I just hope the patches don't 'stack', meaning each patch will take longer to translate than the previous one, so we'll get further and further behind. :/

Yeah that would prove without a doubt that GOA really are quite unprofessional. Come on GOA prove us wrong! Give us some confidence with some kind of post!

O

old.Elasto

With how long its taking to get 1.48 in and running, I daren't speculate on how long it'll be before we see Darkness falls.

It's a huge update, and if goa translate 5 maybe 6 words a day, then it'll be sometime 2004 before we get it here on Euro.

It's a shame too - coz it's an absolute blast in there ! One thing it does do though is cut down on the RvR in Frontiers, apart from the odd keep taking to get access, everyone jumps in DF.

Still, it means you can camp there then , and when a new realm gains access you can get RvR in the dungeon itself - Now that's fun :D

L

Lanceloc

Originally posted by Elasto
It's a huge update, and if goa translate 5 maybe 6 words a day, then it'll be sometime 2004 before we get it here on Euro.

Youre a bit optimistic arent u?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

;)

O

old.Elasto

It's my little known middle name :)

Elasto 'Optimist' Plast

See !

If I wasn't able to try out the later versions on US accounts (Thank god I didn't delete my chars) then I'd have been quite happy with the plodding pace of the patches.
But, I am, and I'm not - and so are other people.

We're all so impatient :D Gimme Gimme Gimme

O

old.Elasto

Not a genius ? You working for Goa then ?

:p

O

old.dwyte

lock this post someone please!!!!

you guys bitch and whine about forums being closed, when someone asks a simple question you turn it into a semi - flame over GOA's compitence running the game, no wonder they fockin closed them...

first it was 'we want our items' now its goa isnt fast enough with newer patches, they cant keep you guys happy, i wouldnt be sirprised if they did loose the contract to run the game with all this maoning, and it never gets run in europe again.

LOCK POST NOW! DAG-NAMMIT!

S

SFXman

I sort of agree... just because I said DF access will be decided on who has the most keeps, you don't need to go into the usual flaming/ranting process.

L

Lanceloc

Heh I'm just trying to encourage GOA to improve their service to us customers.

Like any business, without customer feedback, they will not improve themselves in the areas that we, who provide them with revenue, deem are the most dissatifying about DAoC Europe.

Vous comprendez? (ma Francais est tres merd)

O

old.Cordain

Originally posted by Lanceloc
Like any business, without customer feedback, they will not improve themselves in the areas that we, who provide them with revenue, deem are the most dissatifying about DAoC Europe.

Well the worst thing they could do is actually to listen the customers. They do however monitor customer behavior.
Who cares if they whine when they pay anyway.

Mon Français est mauvais aussi.

G

Galatea

fine, posts gone, happy?

didnt mean to lead the topic way off, sorry :(

O

old.Cayleb

Yes, stick to the topic of the thread. God forbid that anyone actually starts a conversation here.

O

old.Elasto

I unreservedly apologise for having a little fun...

I realise that using smilies etc is totally inappropriate and will never deviate from a topic again.

S

SFXman

Whining on these forums wont affect GOA's effort much tbh :)

G

Galatea

Albs will own :)

True, i was a little tired at the time.

The mids will never win because:

a) it's not in the game mechanics for any one realm to win

and

b) The albs will win :p

F

fatgit

The reason people moan about goa on this thread is :

There is no NEED to retake keeps until DF

Simple. RvR has no actual point atm, apart from taking keeps so people can do their epics easier.

Yes, we DO take/retake keeps, but it's not essential until we're arguing over DF

G

Galatea

If practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect then why practice? :p

O

old.Haggy

LMAO
you think its taken long for a patch to ocme out on this game

on Legend Of Mir the patch was 6 months overdue and even when it did come out they messed it up and missed half the things they said there would be out

O

old.windforce

On american servers albs + hibbies are beating the crap out of middies. Its just a matter of time. Midgard levels easier.

(greets to hiredGoon :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom