Wing Commander

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
saw it this weekend for the very first time. all things considered I found it to be shite. did I miss something?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
oh good, I'm glad. it would be in character for me to find it shit atm, but I'm happy to hear that it's the truth.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
TdC said:
oh good, I'm glad. it would be in character for me to find it shit atm, but I'm happy to hear that it's the truth.
it wasnt shit, it was utter and completely dire.

the kilrathi wern't even the furry moggies that they should have been, they were some wierd cast-off from a season one Dr Who episode.

no wonder it flopped :eek:

whatever happened to the wing commander series anyhow?

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Insane said:
it wasnt shit, it was utter and completely dire.

the kilrathi wern't even the furry moggies that they should have been, they were some wierd cast-off from a season one Dr Who episode.

no wonder it flopped :eek:

whatever happened to the wing commander series anyhow?

I agree - I could have had two hours extra sleep, rather than burning my retina with such trash.

Wing Commander was the first game I had on my Amiga :clap: - no idea what happened to the series, but I could go a game of it right about now...

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The Wing Commander series got canned after the rather good Prophecy. Roberts (I forget which one) left for Digital Anvil/Microsoft and eventually made Starlancer, while Origin continued - producing Prophecy - with plots sketched out for at least 2 more games after that. However, after the sucess of Ultima Online, EA pulled the funding for everything else that Origin did, and so the series sadly - died. I had WC1, 3 and 5 (Prophecy), loved them to bits.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I liked WC4 lots tbh. It had a pretty corking cast: Mark Hamill (as usual), John Rhys Davies (I think that was his name, the guy with the fez from indiana jones), Malcolm McDowell and lest we not forget, BIFF!

I know WC4 was a windows game so I'm desperate to find it and play it again :\

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
nath said:
John Rhys Davies (I think that was his name, the guy with the fez from indiana jones)
Heh, yes JRD was the guy in the fez in indiana jones, the dr geezer from sliders AND gimli* from lotr. :)

* and the voice of tree-beard.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yes of course, completely forgot about gimli and the others.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
The games were always amazing and great fun to play but there's no doubt that they should never have made that crappy movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom